What’s your favorite servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping @slick2500 could chime in… I love you, man! 😊

1694559863231.png

DS3235 for me. Can't be beat for $25, heck it's better than alot of name brand $100 units IMO.

I want to like the 3235s but every single one I have purchased took a dump. I don't get it I have like 7 or 8 of the 3225s some of which are 4 or 5 years old. I gave them 3 chances and since the 3225s aren't quite up to snuff for the 1/8th scale stuff I either run Savox or Bluebird.

I have 1 old old Savox 1211SG that is in my Vorza. 2 Savox SB-2273SG servos, one in my ET48 one in my Outcast, my Kraton EXB has the Bluebird BLS-4311 and my Fireteam has the Bluebird BLS-H51B V2. The BLS-H51B is a beast.

DS3225 - got a couple of them. None broke yet. Savox 1256TG and 1210SG also - they also don't break. Used 1256TG many times on two stroke gas aeroplanes and handle the shaking very well. (50- 111ccm³).

View attachment 322089

I want to like the 3235s but every single one I have purchased took a dump. I don't get it I have like 7 or 8 of the 3225s some of which are 4 or 5 years old. I gave them 3 chances and since the 3225s aren't quite up to snuff for the 1/8th scale stuff I either run Savox or Bluebird.

I have 1 old old Savox 1211SG that is in my Vorza. 2 Savox SB-2273SG servos, one in my ET48 one in my Outcast, my Kraton EXB has the Bluebird BLS-4311 and my Fireteam has the Bluebird BLS-H51B V2. The BLS-H51B is a beast.
I must have somehow missed Bluebird servos? I was just checking out their specs, they look like nice little units!

I tried too. It was a terrible servo for an 1/8 scale RC. Didn’t center worth a damn. Sounds like some people have a better experience though.
Yeah IDK, maybe I just have low standards? I've said before that I'm a chronic cheapskate.
Both the 3225 and 3235 have been solid for me. They are soft, slow and don't center particularly well..sounds like I'm talking about myself..🤔😉🤣🤣
I have a Savox 1256 in my TT MT4, it's like a Ferrari campared to a Hyundai(DS).. I love Hyundai's too BTW. 🤣🤣
We're just off our rockers here I guess. My bro loves the S652 that come in the rtr Arrma 6s🤷‍♂️😛🍻
To add.. "unofficially" my limit for a 1/8 servo is $50. I stepped out on a limb with the Savox 12 years ago. It's a good servo but, not worth the $80 or $90 I spent on it to me.

Yeah IDK, maybe I just have low standards? I've said before that I'm a chronic cheapskate.
Both the 3225 and 3235 have been solid for me. They are soft, slow and don't center particularly well..sounds like I'm talking about myself..🤔😉🤣🤣
I have a Savox 1256 in my TT MT4, it's like a Ferrari campared to a Hyundai(DS).. I love Hyundai's too BTW. 🤣🤣
We're just off our rockers here I guess. My bro loves the S652 that come in the rtr Arrma 6s🤷‍♂️😛🍻
To add.. "unofficially" my limit for a 1/8 servo is $50. I stepped out on a limb with the Savox 12 years ago. It's a good servo but, not worth the $80 or $90 I spent on it to me.
I hear you. I kind of wish I never tried expensive servos in the first place 🤣

My brother has been upgrading as/when needed, namely TRX that seem to be the most prone to failure. I know he's bought some Powerhobby, AGFRC, possibly others too not sure. I see the difference, and I get it. Just got myself spread too thin to go there. Like I said, the Savox is my one and only "good" servo. Fast and tight, a lil underpowered for 1/8 MT but, I know there's a difference. Ignorance can be bliss..so I keep telling myself, LOL.

I apologize, it's not the DS3225 that I've been using, it's a Hexfly HX3225 from Redcat.. same? Almost certainly. The Kaiju came with one.. I was so impressed, I started buying them for everything. It's not so much about the performance of them but rather cost and reliability that I like. I have to admit, the only rc's I own that will turn lock to lock static are my HX3225 equipped 1/10 scales. I've had DS/HX servos fail, always the gears, stripped teeth. I take em apart, rotate the large top gear 180, reassemble and continue on till it happens again.. heck, I took gears from a dead Hitec servo I got in a used Xray buggy and used them to revive a DS after I had teeth missing from 3 different places on the DS gear!!😛🤪😂😂

I must have somehow missed Bluebird servos? I was just checking out their specs, they look like nice little units!
I only know about them because for years their micro servos were the best replacements for the shift servos on the Traxxas Summit plus they were dirt cheap.

I only know about them because for years their micro servos were the best replacements for the shift servos on the Traxxas Summit plus they were dirt cheap.
I did go and check them out last night after you posted aboot them. Nice specs they put up. If I weren't such a tightwad.. I'd really like to give em a go. Flames and all!!😎👌

Here’s another servo I really like. I have several and have been impressed by the performance and reliability.

https://sendit-rc.com/product/platinum-hv626/
The magnetic decoder design of this servo appears to be a plus.
The torque spec is nice also.
Honestly it is hard to compare a $30. servo with a $90. one.
Although price is not always the deciding factor. A cheaper servo can get some good mileage as well. And at 1/3 the price point, still a viable option. Because at some point all servos are consumable items with hard bashing use.
I still had some great luck with my AMZ 3235's. Sav 1210's did not fair well for me, at their pricepoint. Yet many love them.
With any servo your mileage will vary. Servos are subjective choices.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back