What batteries should I get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I am looking for some good (and hopefully cheap) lipo batteries for my DBXL-E 2.0
I have found the brands Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Liperoir, and CNHL.
What are your experiences with these brands? Would you recommend them? If not, Which battery brands would you recommend?

I am looking for some good (and hopefully cheap) lipo batteries for my DBXL-E 2.0
I have found the brands Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Liperoir, and CNHL.
What are your experiences with these brands? Would you recommend them? If not, Which battery brands would you recommend?
any used battery is good fo me

Zeee is okay in my experience. They do what batteries should do: Show up from the vendor with minimal cell voltage disparity, charge up and balance without issue, run my truck for about 15 minutes and hit LVC at about 3.6V resting voltage, recharge without noticeable heating or swelling. CNHL is supposedly higher quality. SMC and Turnigy are well regarded.

The Zeee have done me well, CNHL seems good so far, golbat as well.. I don't think there's much difference in the lower end batteries. I should hope the higher end batteries provide more power/longer run times? I'm a hardwired cheapskate so I wouldn't know about the higher end batteries 🤣

CNHL LiPos have a ton of punch and are way better than Zeee in my experience. Just avoid Goldbat and Povway and you should be fine.

I'm trying out Zee. So far they have been working well. For bashers, I honestly don't think that you need the best of the best. What I've learned is that you need to set the LVC manually on your ESC if it allows you to do it. That right there has ruined a whole bunch of my batteries because I never checked how low the voltage had gone after hitting LVC on both my Castle and HW systems. I was depending on the factory auto lipo settings. That was a huge mistake since some of my cells were getting drained to below 3v! Go with Zeee. They have a good warranty. Good luck!

I'm trying out Zee. So far they have been working well. For bashers, I honestly don't think that you need the best of the best. What I've learned is that you need to set the LVC manually on your ESC if it allows you to do it. That right there has ruined a whole bunch of my batteries because I never checked how low the voltage had gone after hitting LVC on both my Castle and HW systems. I was depending on the factory auto lipo settings. That was a huge mistake since some of my cells were getting drained to below 3v! Go with Zeee. They have a good warranty. Good luck!
I'm a basher and I try to get the best LiPos I can get for the punch and runtime.

The Zeee have done me well, CNHL seems good so far, golbat as well.. I don't think there's much difference in the lower end batteries. I should hope the higher end batteries provide more power/longer run times? I'm a hardwired cheapskate so I wouldn't know about the higher end batteries 🤣
No need for super duper batteries for bashers. The other day I compared 3s powerhobby batteries against gensacearespammers batteries on my Mojave EXB running on 6s. There was absolutely no difference. None. And the C rating was about the same. Those gensacearespammers were way more expensive too. Maybe for speed runs and high speed they might be better, but not for bashing
I'm a basher and I try to get the best LiPos I can get for the punch and runtime.
With that said, me personally, I'm not going to get the most expensive lipos out there anymore for bashing. I've noticed very little difference between the expensive lipos and the lower end ones for bashing. Just my 2 cents.

Zeee is okay in my experience. They do what batteries should do: Show up from the vendor with minimal cell voltage disparity, charge up and balance without issue, run my truck for about 15 minutes and hit LVC at about 3.6V resting voltage, recharge without noticeable heating or swelling. CNHL is supposedly higher quality. SMC and Turnigy are well regarded.
+1
for the price alone. Adequate for simple bashing purposes.
I have Zeees here.
But my Lim and Infr. hate them.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There are way more battery brands than factories in China so I assume much of what you can buy is the same product with a different label. Higher binned cells probably go into CNHL and SMC and lower binned into Goldbat and HRB. Zeee claims to operate their own factory and perhaps makes batteries sold under other brands.

No need for super duper batteries for bashers. The other day I compared 3s powerhobby batteries against gensacearespammers batteries on my Mojave EXB running on 6s. There was absolutely no difference. None. And the C rating was about the same. Those gensacearespammers were way more expensive too. Maybe for speed runs and high speed they might be better, but not for bashing

With that said, me personally, I'm not going to get the most expensive lipos out there anymore for bashing. I've noticed very little difference between the expensive lipos and the lower end ones for bashing. Just my 2 cents.
So true. I know there are racers amongst us here, but we're talking bashers so with that said, who really wants to destroy a high dollar, high end battery while jumping for the moon? Not me. I guess my frugality has prevented me from experiencing said high end batteries, ignorance is bliss😃

+1
for the price alone. Adequate for simple bashing purposes.
I have Zeees here.
But my Lim and Infr. hate them.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah those are very high speed machines. Now for those it's a very different thing. What batteries have you found work good for those?

There are way more battery brands than factories in China so I assume much of what you can buy is the same product with a different label. Higher binned cells probably go into CNHL and SMC and lower binned into Goldbat and HRB. Zeee claims to operate their own factory and perhaps makes batteries sold under other brands.
+1
Exactly.
Higher end Lipo brands get better batched/balanced cells. Why they cost more. Cheaper brands lower grade batches/Lots of cells.
What separates the men from the boys.
But in reality there are only several Lipo cell producers supplying them. CN being the big player here.

So true. I know there are racers amongst us here, but we're talking bashers so with that said, who really wants to destroy a high dollar, high end battery while jumping for the moon? Not me. I guess my frugality has prevented me from experiencing said high end batteries, ignorance is bliss😃
The most important thing is to take care of them while using them. Always check your voltage after lvc with your charger, storage charge and balance charge every single time. I've learned that the hard way 😭

I bash pretty hard and my CNHL 3s was only $35! That's close to the price of Amazon's cheaper LiPos! It works great and it has way more punch than a Povway, Goldbat, or even a Zeee. I have never reached LVC with my CNHL, it just lasts too long.

Yeah those re very high speed machines. Now for those it's a very different thing. What batteries have you found work good for those?
Yoowoo, CNHL, Gens of Ace.
:)
If I take 2 6s Zeee packs and run them in Parallel, ( LIm) I can get lucky most times with consistent runs, and no premature LVC or amp cutting.. But the Zeees have grown very tired more easily doing this. High IR's now. They stay in my bashers now where they belonged anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back