What did you print/CAD today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some cool tricks that Larz Christianson teaches.
For example if you setup the bolt holes a certain distance from the 40mm fan hole you cut. Then you change where the fan holes are placed and the bolt holes would move with it. Or if you change the main structure those features are not in the wrong place. They would stay relative to the main 40mm fan hole always.

It is worth going through some of his video tutorials.
I'm gonna watch some of that fellas YT. I found his page. That's 2 recommendations for Lars Christensen. I gotta get up to speed on my F360, Thanks.

There are some cool tricks that Larz Christianson teaches.
For example if you setup the bolt holes a certain distance from the 40mm fan hole you cut. Then you change where the fan holes are placed and the bolt holes would move with it. Or if you change the main structure those features are not in the wrong place. They would stay relative to the main 40mm fan hole always.

It is worth going through some of his video tutorials.
I've been watching some YouTube videos here and there I'll have to check out his channel for sure.

It's been a long time since I messed with any cad software probably 24 years. I took a cad class in high school for a year. We used Autocad which is probably why I found Fusion so easy to get into.

I drafted a CAM design today just to simulate a possible concept in FC. I don't have a printer, this would be if done in a CNC.

20240328_145806.jpg

Somehow I missed one of the mounting holes in the middle. I can click add position to update.

Last edited:
So, I missed out on a local deal for an Ender 3 Pro that had a ridiculous amount of upgrades on it. So, now shopping again, I'm leaning towards the bambu P1P with AMS, but I'll probably hold out until there is a sale.

So, I missed out on a local deal for an Ender 3 Pro that had a ridiculous amount of upgrades on it. So, now shopping again, I'm leaning towards the bambu P1P with AMS, but I'll probably hold out until there is a sale.

You want the Bambu P1S with AMS

It's the Newer model.

That is amazing! How long did it take to print? I am so scared of printing anything that takes longer than a couple of hours. 😊
20 + hr print.. looks like it came out great.. that's the built in camera view of the max..

That is amazing! How long did it take to print? I am so scared of printing anything that takes longer than a couple of hours.

I think once you get through about half hour, to an hour you can usually say it's good.. I've had 3-4 day prints on my Chiron.. the nice thing about the max is the spaghetti detection.. it will pause if it sees a spaghetti monster appear..

I have machines that once the first layer goes down I'm good and walk away.. success rate on those machines is high so I feel comfortable leaving them..

That looks really good! What nozzle size and layer height did you choose? Will you do any acetone smoothing?

I run .4 usually always, very rare do I up the nozzle size because I always go back and forth on detailed little things to large things.. it becomes more a pain in the arse to swap nozzle sizes...

.12 layer height
I'm fighting myself on the vapor smooth, I'm digging the matte finish at the moment.. 😁

Back