Kraton What gears for Max5 Combo with 800kv Motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
Got an K8 exb. What gears should I get? I have a 47t and 39t spur. I ordered a Max5 combo with 800kv motor. I also have a stock motor esc combo from an OC8S with a 19t pinion. Will the 19t pinion form the OC work with the 47t spur that came on the K8? I've done some searching around the forum and saw people using 39/39...34p/39s..36p/39/s. I even seen people mention pinions down in the 20's. I'm going to buy 2 or 3 pinions so which ones should I get?? Sorry I have little to no knowledge of gearing but I'm trying to learn. Thnx!

The big 800kv motors seem to like being closer to 1:1. I would probably start at 34:39 and go up or down from there, depending on performance and temps.

Assuming you want to go at least 50 mph you want 31/39 gearing. 55 mph would be about 34/39, this is all with stock tires.

If you're using one of the typical motors (which you are) then this chart is really good

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172JeLv4pGQYZ2fq2hMav_jhvPy5RMOYb2kBpuxgyUeY/edit#gid=0
Awesome thanks! 👊🏼
The big 800kv motors seem to like being closer to 1:1. I would probably start at 34:39 and go up or down from there, depending on performance and temps.
Thank you! 👊🏼
Assuming you want to go at least 50 mph you want 31/39 gearing. 55 mph would be about 34/39, this is all with stock tires.

If you're using one of the typical motors (which you are) then this chart is really good

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172JeLv4pGQYZ2fq2hMav_jhvPy5RMOYb2kBpuxgyUeY/edit#gid=0
Sweet chart!! 😎

Anything under 35/39 will have trouble with the motor clearing the steering rack. The 35+ pinions create distance

Anything under 35/39 will have trouble with the motor clearing the steering rack. The 35+ pinions create distance
I bought a 34t, 36t and 39t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back