Infraction What to get for infraction 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMX8S for the ESC
Motor is more wide open and depends on usage. Speed running you can go up to 2200kv, but for parking lot bashing probably safer down to the 1200-1700kv range.

Haven’t done much to my infraction, bought some hot racing fans and heat sink that’s coming in the mail, I want to eventually go 8s but I don’t know where to start, any tips?
You could also go the Max6 route, which allows up to 8s. Then same situation with the motor. The MMX8S is the newer, better ESC but thought I would throw that out there as well.

That’s the new esc right?
Yes sir

Going 8s on my infraction as well. Max6 ESC is ordered and Is will have to wait on thé spectrum 1250kv untill it's available in my country .
I checked out the mmx8s but...
- also not available yet around here
- and pretty expensive
Think thé max6 and spektrum will do fine as Well.

That is one of those, 'completely on the member'! If you choose too you can! You may have to do a lil fabricating to make it fit, sometimes they will fall into place.
You can switch em over or you can wait, completely up to you my friend!

That is one of those, 'completely on the member'! If you choose too you can! You may have to do a lil fabricating to make it fit, sometimes they will fall into place.
You can switch em over or you can wait, completely up to you my friend!
Did'n t mesure thé Fuze yet but as you say. If it fits without 2 much trouble I can try them both and see what's best.

I would think unless you are trying to hit 140mph in the Infraction, you want the bigger ESC in the Xmaxx. I can only assume it weighs more than the Infraction.

Running the new spektrum black V2 160amp esc stock 2050kv motor with stock optional speed pinion and center diff at 1 mil on 8S. 112mph and awesome drifting. 50mm fan and heatsink on motor. Got longer screws and some rubber washers and just added another spektrum stock 30mm fan on top of the existing. Temps stay SUPER cool. The rear tires literally scream on straight line launching. Slammed the front droop screws and changed the front shock oil to 10k cst. Kind of an eco minor build but I am LOVING this setup for now!!!!!

What's the advantage of running 8s? It seems you volt up, motor kv down and then gear up to suit. But what does it achieve? Higher speeds? better drifting? Lower temps?

What's the advantage of running 8s? It seems you volt up, motor kv down and then gear up to suit. But what does it achieve? Higher speeds? better drifting? Lower temps?
You don't necessarily need to gear up depending on how much you kv down because the extra voltage already adds rpms. Volting up generally gives less heat at the same speed because there should theoretically be less amps needed to achieve the same wattage. However it's not always that simple either because you add more weight with bigger batteries, motor, and ESC. With higher voltage there is more torque, more power, and of course higher top speed potential.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back