Talion What upgraded motor and esc combo are you using in your talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey everyone! I am looking to build a talion 6s exb type rig from scratch.

Going with the m2c talion exb chassis along with several m2c parts (not sure if i will try for the entire beefcake package).

For those who have upgraded your electronics, what motor and esc combos are you running?

I only plan on running 4s and 6s for speed bashing on all types of surfaces and have heard sometimes going with an 8s capable motor and esc can get you great performance with no heating issues.

Would the Castle 1717 1650kv with Mamba Monster X8s be overkill even if I just run 6s? Will both those fit in a Talion exb chassis?

Would the mmx8 work well with the castle 1515 2200kv?

Only looking at castle and hobbywing motors atm, and seem to be leaning towards the castle, but am open to hearing about your experiences.

Let me know your thoughts as the project is still in the brainstorming 🧠 process haha!

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Max6 combo. Runs great. Both HW and Castle systems are solid. No bad choice.

For the Talion, I suggest M2C chassis, towers, rear shock tower brace (you will have to drill) and the Ackerman plate. Nothing else needed.

Max 6 - not recommended from my side, ESC overheats quickly (maybe 5-8min), the motor is heavy. I'm using one in my Kraton and ditched that ESC a long time ago.

Castle seems to be ok

My Talion is on stock electronics, just added 2 fans to the motor. Usually in grass and it's a blast.

Another suggestion and by far the most dynamic for power to weight and adjustability is the max 8g2 combo with a 4278-2200kv motor. The Talion has a great Cg and balanced layout, don’t ruin it with a monster truck 8S system

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat as you but have a roller as a donor instead of doing it from scratch. Also looking to do a high speed basher as well but a lighter weight and extended build.

I’m considering a TP motor and a MMX8s.

https://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_135_150&product_id=449
Nice recommendation, I want to keep the weight down, and it looks like that TP motor is 8s capable but 122 grams lighter than the Castle 1717 I was looking at!

Even though I only plan on running 6s i like the idea of 8s capable to keep down temps and have plenty of gearing options.

Nice recommendation, I want to keep the weight down, and it looks like that TP motor is 8s capable but 122 grams lighter than the Castle 1717 I was looking at!

Even though I only plan on running 6s i like the idea of 8s capable to keep down temps and have plenty of gearing options.
That’s my thought about the temps and then if you want to do a speed run you can gear up and run 8s.

If you do decide on a castle motor I would lean personally towards a 1520 as it’s 90 grams lighter. I personally want a higher KV motor though.

I have the MMX 8s 1717 1650kv system in my Kraton 6s. I can't say enough good things about this combo: it's fast, it has a lot of punch, and it runs cool.
What size pinion are you running? I just dropped one of these systems in my EXB. Starting off with a 20T but have a Tekno 23T sitting on the workbench feeling left out lol

What size pinion are you running? I just dropped one of these systems in my EXB. Starting off with a 20T but have a Tekno 23T sitting on the workbench feeling left out lol
I run a 19T with that combo in my heavy Kraton. No motor fan. I'm happy with it.

I run a 20T Tekno pinion in my Kraton 6s. For most weather, the motor runs so cool I don't need a fan on the motor. I have a fan for the times it gets into the upper eighties or nineties and I run the Kraton hard.

standard 150a hobbywing esc and stock motor in both my talion's well enough power for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back