What Would Be The Best Budget Tires For Racing At A Track (~50$)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What vehicle? GRP and Duratrax have some budget offerings. I used to buy Dynamite speed treads, have had good results from those but I think Horizon Hobby discontinued them..
BTW, even Duratrax will run around $30 a pair.. not sure if you meant $50 a pair or all 4.

Last edited:
What vehicle? GRP and Duratrax have some budget offerings. I used to buy Dynamite speed treads, have had good results from those but I think Horizon Hobby discontinued them..
BTW, even Duratrax will run around $30 a pair.. not sure if you meant $50 a pair or all 4.
I'm guessing Typhon 3s.

What surface? Dirt? Clay?

I think you'll need to spend a bit more than $50 for a decent set of wheel more like 70-90 for something like Pro-Line Blockades

what size hubs, what surface? Check amazon or if you have waiting time on an extreme budget, AliExpress

1691429903408.png

Idk if these are being discontinued or just out of stock but they should work pretty good on dirt https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ggy-tires-mounted-17mm-white-2/PRO906232.html

I just stumbled across these on Google no idea how they perform or what the quality of them is like https://www.ebay.com/itm/3117443586...9p_WUF7w0iIxq-XaQatDt1tL7KiQiomw5KaKxCG4BGTE8

I've bought some cheap tires from this guy before, the wheels and tires held up fine but the foams basically disintegrated.
Wow! $16.99 for a pair of Prolines!? Love me some of those. Regular price around $40 per pair. If one wants to be competitive in racing you'll have to pony up when it comes to tires. I don't think there's any way around that.

I have used the TLR Typhon tires myself, they are "okay" not great. They are a very hard compound.. I guess it really depends on what the OP is expecting or looking to accomplish. Just running laps at a local track, or actually trying to be competitive. I think the GRP's might be the most promising budget tire for racing. Any will get you track time though.

Tires are everything on dirt , to hard , you’re not going anywhere, but with the correct ones for the surface you will pull away from your buddies . Right away I’d say medium to soft , but softer they are , faster the wear . It will take time and experiment until you nail down the ones that suit you the best .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back