Infraction What's in your diff..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So as the title says,

I think it would be a good resource if people with an Infraction post up here what weight oil they are using in all their diffs F/C/R..!!

Post up what spec your Infraction is and the type of driving you do, that way we can all learn from each other about what's works well for certain driving styles, bashing, drifting, speedruns etc..!!
I know we have lots of people on here now with Infractions from totally box stock right through to some crazy 12s monsters..?
I haven't mentioned the limitless here because it has a center spool and most people speedrun them, but if you have one feel free to add your data too..??
Get posting those spec's...??

Here's mine as it stands..?

Max8 with 4082 1720kv, 22T/46T (Arrma alloy diff cup in center), F30/500/60R setup for bashing/drifting..??

I have a limitless running 22t/50t just cause that’s what I had when I first put the thing together.. :) it has worked well for neighborhood bashing and some fun drift time.

just got done building the 46t with 500k
I’ll rebuild the front and rear as well soon and update.

My Infraction right now is set up with 100k/1mil/100k with a 27/46 gearing with HW 4985 1650KV motor. Reaches about 70mph. I mainly run the higher oil weight to help with allowing the tires to wear down as even as possible. The gearing does seem to run a bit hot, so figuring which way I want to go with gearing down.

Limitless is just a speed run rig, also set up with 100k in the front and rear.

Good post a question I have asked in PM to a lot of people as I did my first diff oil change on the Infraction.

Mine are 60/100/30 f/c/r Teams oils...maybe I will change that as feedback comes in...

I am stock don't care at all if the rig never hits 80MPH. I'm a corp guy that enjoys when not traveling (post covid-19) to have some fun at mall parking look doing speed runs up/down with wide drifts all over the open parking lot. I feel the rig has amazing power out the box. I look forward to a weekend when I can get my hands on the controller to run it. I get some good time out my tires for a few battery packs...I am strict on the alignment to make sure itis in check, shim the hubs so no slop, and I do balance and rotate tires.

Black oil.. Need rebuild ;)

Funny thing on the Infraction...I may have run 7-9 full battery packs on the new rig and just decided to change the diff fluid after reading so much on diffs here.

The oil was tar-like and all-black when I opened then this weekend... I don't know if it came from the factory that way or barely full, but the f/c/r diffs all looked that way none were full. I am new to RC and Infraction so I have not beaten down on the Infraction since I am still on the baby bottle :)

So I went from a factory 10/100/10 that seems to me was NOT a true full level or clean fluid to honestly fell that performance. I have not taken the truck out yet waiting for the titanium driveshafts so I have no idea what clean, full level fluid of 60/100/30 will feel like guessing that 10/100/10 was not rightly filled from factory.

I am curious about my style of driving what 200 in the center would be like over 100. I'm not about punch speed but I do like the fell of the front of the car pulling forward coming out of drift slides. I don't want a lot of power at the back to fishtail out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back