Kraton Whats your thoughts on the 4x4 4s line up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, i can buy a 4s plus 4 packs of spare arms for £410. or i can get
Preowned outcast 2019 with new proline shell, alloy centre diff case. Front and rear rpm arms, rpm bumper, rpm skid plate, rpm mud guards, rpm wing mount, rpm short rod ends, alloy chassis brace front and rear, alloy hinge pin holders front and back, alloy servo mount and rw mod 1 pinion 16t.
All parts are new in pack and truck is preowned. All from modelsport uk model shop.
Total £567. what to do?

OP is original poster.

Look man the OC is short wheelbase and hard to control at high speed. Its more for stunts, flips, jumps, and tighter spaces. Thats where it shines. I have both versions but I like having multiple rigs to run. Speed is not that important with the OC, because it's squirrelly on top end. If you want speed go for a LWB rig like the Kraton.

I like them both in their own way. If I had to buy only one I'd go with the 6s. Its tuff for sure and don't worry about bending that short chassis plate. It can be done with extreme bashing but harded to do than the longer chassis.

No matter which one you get you can upgrade this or that and cost more to do so.

The 4s trucks have their issues like arm breakage and slipper adjustments and junk shocks but nothing that can't be addressed. RPM just came out with new 4s a arms and seems like Arrma has finally got a handle on stock arms thru Horizon.

It depends on what you want to spend or like the most. One thing for sure the 6s line are beasts. If you can't decide, flip a coin!
Either way you will be getting a amazing truck, can't go wrong with either. I personally love my 4s trucks.

Try it stock on 12T, then you can go up a couple to 14T.
16T works fine with 4S and 6S. To me that seems to be the sweet spot for both. IMO. To each his own. But don't overlook gearing flexibility. Most newcomers don't know this. Just watch your temps and decide what gearing is best for you.
A set of gears is important to have in your toolbox. IMO.

I have seen a few reviews on youtube and it says you have to upgrade the heck out of the 6s trucks for them to be unbreakable. Also was told that on 4s it will be between 30 and 35mph. am i being misled?
Stock gearing, 4s, yes 35mph. But you can bump the pinion and make them 45mph bashers.

They guys doing tons of upgrades are running 6s 60mph setups, and generally jumping them to the moon.

The only upgrade my v1 Kraton 6s has is aluminum chassis brace, and electrics. Nothing else. I run a Savox 2270sg servo, a Nero motor, and a BLX185 esc. I don't jump it to the moon, but I do jump.

My v1 Typhon 6s was 2 years old before i broke my first plastic part, and it was 90% a track car.

OP is original poster.

Look man the OC is short wheelbase and hard to control at high speed. Its more for stunts, flips, jumps, and tighter spaces. Thats where it shines. I have both versions but I like having multiple rigs to run. Speed is not that important with the OC, because it's squirrelly on top end. If you want speed go for a LWB rig like the Kraton.

I like them both in their own way. If I had to buy only one I'd go with the 6s. Its tuff for sure and don't worry about bending that short chassis plate. It can be done with extreme bashing but harded to do than the longer chassis.

No matter which one you get you can upgrade this or that and cost more to do so.

The 4s trucks have their issues like arm breakage and slipper adjustments and junk shocks but nothing that can't be addressed. RPM just came out with new 4s a arms and seems like Arrma has finally got a handle on stock arms thru Horizon.

It depends on what you want to spend or like the most. One thing for sure the 6s line are beasts. If you can't decide, flip a coin!
Either way you will be getting a amazing truck, can't go wrong with either. I personally love my 4s trucks.
The shocks are really nice tho on the 4s
Really smooth and plush

Damn it! Still cant make up my mind. 4s kraton or 6s outcast?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back