Granite Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Keyballs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
Hey everyone!
New to forum, and reintroducing myself back into the hobby.
I have just purchased a new granite 3s. First thing to happen was the steering servo crapped out on me during its maiden run. Didn’t even dump a full battery. No problem, as my retailer replaced it right away.
My issue is the wheels/ tires. They are so unbalanced that I feel like it’s going to do more harm overtime than good. Two of them shake so much when at 50% throttle while holding it in the air. Is this normal?

Its not normal. Did you run in water or alot of sand?

I assume you didnt vent them.
The wheels have holes in them for air to enter/escape. this is not good design as it lets water and sand in, making the tire unbalanced., and there's no way its coming back out. A good practice is to seal these hold in the rim and instead punch hold in the tire. There's a lot of videos about how to do it.

Its not normal. Did you run in water or alot of sand?

I assume you didnt vent them.
The wheels have holes in them for air to enter/escape. this is not good design as it lets water and sand in, making the tire unbalanced., and there's no way its coming back out. A good practice is to seal these hold in the rim and instead punch hold in the tire. There's a lot of videos about how to do it.
No, only have driven it a few times, dry only so far. Wheels are completely stock, nothing done to them. Noticed this pretty much right away.

Just picked up a Granite as well. Mine was driving like crap out of the box. Found a bearing missing from the right rear hub. Caused the wheel to wobble. Might check your bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back