Which electric screwdriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried tacklife? I’m going for this as a cheap driver for my MIP heads, can always resort to my M18 line but that would be overkill for everything. Main attraction was size and light and I don’t mind risking it at this price and 6 torque settings.
Tacklife SDH13c

Main issue for the less common brands is battery availability. I'm a big fan of milwaukee, have the M18 lineup and M12. Of the two- I'm using M12 majority of the time. For RC use, a single battery seems to last forever. Milwaukee also offers a higher Ah for those needing it. It's a tough balance- trying to find a drill that's both durable but not overly heavy for this application.

These are the two I use, both have great torque settings and perfect for the car.

https://products.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DCF610D2/
https://products.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DCF601D2/

B565F8E0-B83D-4006-88A0-9351870A63FF.jpeg

I just saw these today on Lowes website, I think they’re new. Bare tool for brushed was less than $70US I think. I’ve already got dewalt 12v so I might pick one of these up. Good to know some feedback on them, thanks. US market they’re both 12v, max is brushless and comes with 2ah battery for anyone wondering.

I just saw these today on Lowes website, I think they’re new. Bare tool for brushed was less than $70US I think. I’ve already got dewalt 12v so I might pick one of these up. Good to know some feedback on them, thanks. US market they’re both 12v, max is brushless and comes with 2ah battery for anyone wondering.

clutch is slightly better in the newer DCF601D2, number of settings is 16 (15 + max) and an autolock when you twist like a screw driver. torque setting of 2-3 is perfect for 2—2.5mm hex on plastic, torque 3-4 is fine For metal. 3mm hexes about 4-6 setting. For bolts which are really soaked in threadlock, after some heat the having the force from impact driver ratchet and setting of about 7-8 is enough to loosen Bolts without damaging them.

Biggest bonus is the light, lightly press the trigger and it stays on for about 10secs where as the old turns off as soon as you release the trigger. The D2 kit comes with 2 batteries and a charger, the 12v batteries works fine on the older unit too.

What length bits are you all using? Trying to decide if longer or shorter would be better. Anything over a few inches should reach most anything on the vehicles shouldn’t it.

What length bits are you all using? Trying to decide if longer or shorter would be better. Anything over a few inches should reach most anything on the vehicles shouldn’t it.
Yeah standard 3 inch bits will get most screws, you will have to remove the wing so you can bend the wing mount out of the way to get access to the rear diff though otherwise it's in the way.

Does anyone know if the Milwaukee m18 fuel brushless impact driver would be alright for rc? I can get one w/ 2 5.0ah batteries for almost 50% off right now. And with home improvements etc. It would be better than the m12 for me personally. Just hope it’s not over kill.. I can’t remember but I think it said it had an adjustable setting on it.

Does anyone know if the Milwaukee m18 fuel brushless impact driver would be alright for rc? I can get one w/ 2 5.0ah batteries for almost 50% off right now. And with home improvements etc. It would be better than the m12 for me personally. Just hope it’s not over kill.. I can’t remember but I think it said it had an adjustable setting on it.
Any drill will work, just depends how much weight you want to lug around

Way overkill. That will be heavy and cumbersome for such light tasks as RC. I don’t even use my M12 tools on RC.
I just ordered this on eBay ? ? ? ?
How much? Did you choose that font? ?✌?
I have the Team EDS and some MIPS. I also own a variety of hex and Torx bits from a bunch of mfgs. The MIPS are by far the best I’ve bought. They are sometimes hard to get the tip out of the screw they are so precise.

do you have a link? If it’s what I think it is, personally i wouldn’t for RC cars, thats a proper impact driver with high torque.... they are capable of taking a real car wheel nut off and will definitely strip the threads/heads of a RC car. not sure on Milwaukee range of m18s or m12s but I would go for “sub impact drivers” or “impact screwdrivers“... (different brands call them different things) with a large range of torque settings.

Here you go, example of size and different types of drivers... Setting to torque in brackets ( )

from left to right.... impact screw driver (15 @ 6nm max), sub impact driver (15 @ 8nm max) & impact driver (3 @ 205nm max and will destroy a rc car)

0BDC74C6-23A8-4BAF-ABD4-CCD5EF1FAA14.jpeg

Last edited:
u
My Lowe’s has this one which I bought at Christmas time. https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-...tery-Included-and-Charger-Included/1001009198
If you need a second battery these from amazon are perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CW9YS7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use a combination of 2 & 3inch hex driver bits. However, I do use 3in drivers far more and find it the most versatile for working on the cars... 2in is often too short at times, but an impact driver holder usually solves that.

Arrowmax and dynamite range works very well.

453D97C3-235A-4C5D-BAE9-588B6A2DD9A7.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back