Powered screwdriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay for me. I picked up a 4.8v Drillmaster from Harbor Freight, $9. Fixed speed at 180 rpm, a bit slow but sure beats a nutdriver or T-handle on 30mm screws!! Actually has just enough torque for rc stuff too. Thanks @slick2500 for the heads up on the drillmaster back when.🍻

Yay for me. I picked up a 4.8v Drillmaster from Harbor Freight, $9. Fixed speed at 180 rpm, a bit slow but sure beats a nutdriver or T-handle on 30mm screws!! Actually has just enough torque for rc stuff too. Thanks @slick2500 for the heads up on the drillmaster back when.🍻
I used mine for like 5 years before the battery took a dump then I picked up the Milwaukee M12.

The Milwaukee 2401 M12 is awesome and I highly recommend it.

Heck, that should be our next giveaway! :D
+1
The M12 is what I been using for many years. The Clutch when set properly, is just right for not stressing the screws and plastic. It also has variable speed, which is important. Too fast, and this can melt the plastic threads quickly.
Always final torque by hand!
Can't be lazy about this.

^^^ That Dewalt has become very popular. (y) Saw Raz Shifrin with it years back. He swears by it.:unsure: Look faster to use..... IDK.
Just I've become very comfortable with Pistol Grip held Power drivers.
But I would give that Dewalt Gyro one a try also.
THD does not stock these in stores. I really wanted to hold one and look at it first.:cool:

If you want a do-it-all light to medium duty, this Milwaukee can not be beaten. I have m12 and m18 drills, drivers, ratchets, impacts, etc. I sold almost every brand under the sun for years, and that one is my go-to unit. It looks a bit unconventional but the balance in hand is simply fabulous.

huauqui

Last edited:
Good info in there! Actually makes me feel like the Drillmaster from HF for $9 was the deal of the century!!😉 Sure, battery life sucks but, it has a really long charge cord so I just leave it plugged in whenever feasible.
BTW, I got excited for the Pink Power screwdriver..till it let out the magic smoke!! No one's gonna steal THAT from ya at the track?!🤣🤣

Been using it 8 months going strong. Budget friendly.
ENERTWIST Cordless Screwdriver, 8V Max 10Nm Electric Screwdriver Rechargeable Set with 82 Accessory Kit and Charger in Carrying Case, 21+1 Cluth, Dual Position Handle, LED Light, ET-CS-8 https://a.co/d/9XJ11Zb

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back