Which one should I buy, Xmaxx or Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinkarne

Reaction score
Hello all,

I like the 1/5 Kraton/outcast exb and missed the deal from tower hobbies few weeks ago. But sometimes I look at Xmaxx and wonder how good of a 1/5 it is!! I know that Xmaxx is durable even with a very good plastic chassis but I’m not a plastic chassis lover! Please suggest some a 1/5! I’m not liking the XRT though.

And do any of you know if arrma is gonna announce any new 1/5 rcs soon??

Thank you,
Vin.

With the XRT being so new to market, I wouldn’t disregard it yet. I have all 4 (haven’t ran the XRT yet) I like the Xmaxx best so far with the Outcast being a close second. The Arrmas handle better, but I can send my Xmaxx with a little more peace of mind.

I would think with the holidays approaching, another Arrma sale will be around the corner.

There all awesome I have all 3 but xmaxx is ready to go out the box add a 23/50 pinion spur combo on xmaxx it's even better. But if u want to build your own esc/motor combo then exb is made for that.
Xrt is nice but my outcast is the king because it's on 12s

Attachments

• 20221103_183527.jpg
    20221103_183527.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 43
Ehh I think I'd pick the XRT over the k8s and I have both of them. They're both truggies, look similar etc etc. Why is the xmaxx an option but not the XRT?

I have my Xmaxx for sale at my local HS,after all M2C out,took the 1100kv out and installed a 1250kv whit Max 5 because the diff are not happy even whit vitavon ring gears and pinion,HR diff housing,Hr cover and new rear bulkhead and still running her whit fear because I know at some point something gonna happen,if u buy one just leave it stock,I bought in the last HH sale the O8s Exb and installed Max5,1100kv whit 39,34 and it just fun and non worry about diff going bad.hope that helps.happy bashing

20221011_231328.jpg

Hello all,

I like the 1/5 Kraton/outcast exb and missed the deal from tower hobbies few weeks ago. But sometimes I look at Xmaxx and wonder how good of a 1/5 it is!! I know that Xmaxx is durable even with a very good plastic chassis but I’m not a plastic chassis lover! Please suggest some a 1/5! I’m not liking the XRT though.

And do any of you know if arrma is gonna announce any new 1/5 rcs soon??

Thank you,
Vin.
Do you want to send it to the stratosphere or stay on the ground??

Xmaxx and Kraton are very different, I have no experience with the new backwards TRX.

Took my XRT out for the first time today, I would definitely consider it along with the others you have listed. Xmaxx is a stunt truck, XRT is planted fun.

Ehh I think I'd pick the XRT over the k8s and I have both of them. They're both truggies, look similar etc etc. Why is the xmaxx an option but not the XRT?
Not really liking the look of XRT!!

Last edited:
Not really a liking the look of XRT!!
Can't fault you for that, I hate the look of the xmaxx but think the kraton and xrt look awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back