Kraton 8s Or EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumnig66

Reaction score
Hay guys so I'm about to buy the Kraton 8s but I'm not sure if I should get the EXB or not. Should i run stock and replace and upgrade as i go? I do know i will be replacing the Esc and motor for the Hobbywing 5 combo later on down the road and can pick up a stock 8s brand new for $730 localy. Any input or recommendations would be much appreciated
Screenshot_20231106_162216_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231106_162304_Gallery.jpg

The exb’s have better turnbuckles, shocks and some other bits.. kinda a tough call cause you’ll likely want most of those upgrades later on anyway. Some of the upgrades can be had fairly cheap on Jenny’s but some you have to buy a lot of parts just to get the rear links for instance.

The exb’s have better turnbuckles, shocks and some other bits.. kinda a tough call cause you’ll likely want most of those upgrades later on anyway. Some of the upgrades can be had fairly cheap on Jenny’s but some you have to buy a lot of parts just to get the rear links for instance.
Are the electronics good enough in the EXB or am I still going to want to get the max5

I feel like alot of the hobby is braking crap and rebuilding upgrading and putting time into it is half the enjoyment 😁
For me it is! 😎

I feel like alot of the hobby is braking crap and rebuilding upgrading and putting time into it is half the enjoyment 😁
Thats exactly what it is. I honestly have spent 3x the time working, tinkering, and spending money with these things than I have driving.

$730 seems like a pretty good deal for a new one. It is true the turnbuckle ends are better on the EXB as well as the shocks and chassis. The diffs are the same on both versions.

The main difference on the new EXB RTR is the bigger motor that comes stock, better servo, and updated(re-tuned?) ESC. That being said my friend runs his Outcast 8S RTR v1 stock and enjoys it. The OG Firma 160 ESC is awesome, basically a Smart Max6.

You might consider the shock piston mod on the V1 RTR shocks to make them last longer if you go that route.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-bend-kraton-8s.19642/post-758402

Good luck on your choice! If you have the coin I would grab the new EXB RTR.

@Xjeepguy has one.

Last edited:
EXB or ur going to probably spend like if you bough two 8s kratons rtr. The EXB RTR has better tires, electronics, turnbuckles,chassis and some essential EXB upgrades. Im sure theres probably more but those are what come to mind to me right now
Oh and thicker shock shafts

Good reading here👍 I enjoy hearing different perspectives. For me personally, I don't care for all the crazy sends or 60+mph, especially with a 30lb rig. I would gladly go with the new EXB rtr and have a blast. From what I've seen, the v2 Firma 160/1100kv combo is perfect in these things. The v1 rtr would be great if it had the motor, which can be easily remedied for say $150 or so. I'm a track guy though, so different strokes I guess. Good luck with whatever you get!! Enjoy!!👍🍻

Good reading here👍 I enjoy hearing different perspectives. For me personally, I don't care for all the crazy sends or 60+mph, especially with a 30lb rig. I would gladly go with the new EXB rtr and have a blast. From what I've seen, the v2 Firma 160/1100kv combo is perfect in these things. The v1 rtr would be great if it had the motor, which can be easily remedied for say $150 or so. I'm a track guy though, so different strokes I guess. Good luck with whatever you get!! Enjoy!!👍🍻
You are the man! Thank you for the 2 cents! Yea I like to enjoy my trucks not try the push them to the limits 😁 I still have 4 days to make up my mind and I still.. have not made up my mind witch to get 😋

It's a tough call for sure. Do you know someone with a V1? Would be cool if you could give it a test run 😀

It's a tough call for sure. Do you know someone with a V1? Would be cool if you could give it a test run 😀
I have a few big RCs so I know what I am getting into it's my anxiety and ocd that will not let me decide 😁 I know with the V1I will be more then happy building and upgrading! I just don't know if the extra 300 bucks for the EXB is really worth it.. I guess if the electronics are good enough for that truck it could be worth it
Snapchat-531938616.jpg
Snapchat-1097173123.jpg
Snapchat-1795316860.jpg
Snapchat-503557724.jpg
Snapchat-1325431351.jpg
Snapchat-852987363.jpg

I have a few big RCs so I know what I am getting into it's my anxiety and ocd that will not let me decide 😁 I know with the V1I will be more then happy building and upgrading! I just don't know if the extra 300 bucks for the EXB is really worth it.. I guess if the electronics are good enough for that truck it could be worth itView attachment 330674View attachment 330675View attachment 330676View attachment 330677View attachment 330678View attachment 330679
I'd say, if you know you're going bigger than what the new exb rtr has for motor and esc, maybe just buy the v1 for $730 and put the savings towards the electronics upgrades? I mean, yeah, camber links are bigger on the exb, shocks I guess too. But how much can camber links cost? Drop the M2C shock parts in, bam.👍

Revo 3.3, yes! I have one I need to dust off and take for a spin!

I'd say, if you know you're going bigger than what the new exb rtr has for motor and esc, maybe just buy the v1 for $730 and put the savings towards the electronics upgrades? I mean, yeah, camber links are bigger on the exb, shocks I guess too. But how much can camber links cost? Drop the M2C shock parts in, bam.👍
That's exactly what I was thinking.. if I was to brake the EXB I would end up upgrading from what they were in the first place. And I kinda like the green 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back