Kraton 8s Or EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't touch the RTR model unless it has upgraded chassis. You should pick the EXB, the new electronics are actually pretty good! at least the motor is. The esc seems okay but I'd probably upgrade that to a max 5 or xlx2 and keep the motor. That will save you money on electronics later.

Revo 3.3, yes! I have one I need to dust off and take for a spin!

I wouldn't touch the RTR model unless it has upgraded chassis. You should pick the EXB, the new electronics are actually pretty good! at least the motor is. The esc seems okay but I'd probably upgrade that to a max 5 or xlx2 and keep the motor. That will save you money on electronics later.
With the new EXB will i have to upgrade the diffs out the box?

With the new EXB will i have to upgrade the diffs out the box?
the diffs are exactly the same between models and I've never had a problem with them. Still on stock diffs after almost two years though I did replace the rear diff case with alu so I could loctite the screws.

You are the man! Thank you for the 2 cents! Yea I like to enjoy my trucks not try the push them to the limits 😁 I still have 4 days to make up my mind and I still.. have not made up my mind witch to get 😋
KnownAir hit me on the head... We share the same style.

You have a lot to think about with a deadline soon. I like the EXB as the pick. Would have been nice to have gotten it as a roller since I have changed out all my electronics and many other items

What I like a lot is making my best friend eat crow with all his BIG rigs like the XMaxx, Losi DBXL, etc against the EXB. EXB is only running 4S although it's a 6S but geared right and lighter than his rigs 4S tires, so it's a David and Goliath!

Best of luck with a pick (y)

KnownAir hit me on the head... We share the same style.

You have a lot to think about with a deadline soon. I like the EXB as the pick. Would have been nice to have gotten it as a roller since I have changed out all my electronics and many other items

What I like a lot is making my best friend eat crow with all his BIG rigs like the XMaxx, Losi DBXL, etc against the EXB. EXB is only running 4S although it's a 6S but geared right and lighter than his rigs 4S tires, so it's a David and Goliath!

Best of luck with a pick (y)
He should just run your poop over and that's the end of that!! Big rigs for life!! 🤣 🤣

Well boys and girls... Not only did I pick up this EXB today but it cost me nothing at all! Got it in a trade gave the guy a pit bike that I got for free and had laying in the back yard. The dam car is brand new with Max5 and a 800Kv motor in it 😍🤤
Snapchat-1942672721.jpg
Snapchat-551701470.jpg
Snapchat-643081947.jpg
Snapchat-876077315.jpg
Snapchat-2057534133.jpg
Snapchat-1411667566.jpg
Snapchat-717094990.jpg
Snapchat-2140279725.jpg

Well boys and girls... Not only did I pick up this EXB today but it cost me nothing at all! Got it in a trade gave the guy a pit bike that I got for free and had laying in the back yard. The dam car is brand new with Max5 and a 800Kv motor in it 😍🤤View attachment 331045View attachment 331046View attachment 331047View attachment 331048View attachment 331049View attachment 331050View attachment 331051View attachment 331052
Niiiiiiiiiice! You are gonna absolutely love that thing! You can wear big boy pants now 😏
Big Boy GIF

He should just run your poop over and that's the end of that!! Big rigs for life!! 🤣 🤣
Yeah, I was thinking that.. I mean, yes a 6s rig(or some 4s) will keep pace with an 8s rig pretty easily, likely outrun it..but, we don't play that way at my track!! Sure, run whatever you want.😉🤷‍♂️🤣 If you put it on the track, it's subject to the same treatment as any rc. We don't worry about running each other over so it's not advised to put a little 6s out there against a nearly 30lb beast!! Crunch!!🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
Well boys and girls... Not only did I pick up this EXB today but it cost me nothing at all! Got it in a trade gave the guy a pit bike that I got for free and had laying in the back yard. The dam car is brand new with Max5 and a 800Kv motor in it 😍🤤View attachment 331045View attachment 331046View attachment 331047View attachment 331048View attachment 331049View attachment 331050View attachment 331051View attachment 331052
Awesome!! My dream truck right there!! Even with a lowly Max6/1100, I'd be in me glory!! Congrats!! Man, I got all kinds of stuff kicking around for trades..🤔😁🍻

Really nice rig. I just have a Revo without the 3.3 part. It’s has a 0.28 and the winter came around so I can’t really run it or tune it but even running rich I was getting 45mph. What a blast!
I will always love Nitro! Something about the sound and the smell along with the way a Nitro handles 🤤😍

Hay guys so I'm about to buy the Kraton 8s but I'm not sure if I should get the EXB or not. Should i run stock and replace and upgrade as i go? I do know i will be replacing the Esc and motor for the Hobbywing 5 combo later on down the road and can pick up a stock 8s brand new for $730 localy. Any input or recommendations would be much appreciated View attachment 330520View attachment 330521
If you can swing the EXB go for it.It is worth it IMHO

I have a few big RCs so I know what I am getting into it's my anxiety and ocd that will not let me decide 😁 I know with the V1I will be more then happy building and upgrading! I just don't know if the extra 300 bucks for the EXB is really worth it.. I guess if the electronics are good enough for that truck it could be worth itView attachment 330674View attachment 330675View attachment 330676View attachment 330677View attachment 330678View attachment 330679
You have a bike, I see. Man of great taste. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back