Kraton Why do people choose the kraton over a talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the performance and handling of the Talion, like others have mentioned, don't too much care for the look of the body and its very flimsy compared to my Outcast. CompromisešŸ‘‡
IMG_3651.JPG

I went kraton, needed a go everywhere/anytime car,and i don't like short wheelbase classic monster trucks.

If the terrain /climate i have access to would been better I'd go with talion all day.
If I had a track around i would look at another brand race buggy.

Talion looks interesting for summer in any case šŸ˜€

If I had a track around i would look at another brand race buggy.
I have an MT410. A Tekno basher. And after building this kit, I would no doubt run Tekno's at a track IF I had one where I live.
There are none. My Track days are a distant memory now from the early '90's early 2000's.
One by one all the tracks closed.
I started racing at a ROAR spec'ed track nearby. It was initially built for a North Eastern regional event sponsored by Reedy and others. A huge indoor clay track. After all the events, a LHS rented the facility before it was dismantled. That's where I raced and learned all about RC. 35+ years ago.
Sad that Tracks are closing all the time. Real Estate is too expensive and demand has dropped for Racing. Here in the Northeast States at least.

The Kraton can go anywhere. The smaller Talion tires will slightly limit its abilities, including rotation in the air. If you like to jump and do tricks then the Kraton will be better suited.

I will also go on a limb and say the the Kraton body seems to look better than the Talion. For most of us. The Talion is more Truggyish looking, versus MT looking. Both are truggies though in reality.
Looks are subjective. I'm sure the suspension geometry alone, of the Kraton, is better suited for big air bashing.

Last edited:
I'm sure I've said this really earlier, but the Kraton is a little sluggish in the turns, which doesn't matter when your bashing in general, but when you compare it to the way the Talion drives it isn't as dialed. This can be adjusted in set-up, but you'll never be able to make a Kraton drive like a Talion. Where it is easy to make a Talion more like a Kraton if you want more clearance and if you don't like the look of one buy a new body shell. The Talion feels more modern to me in the handling and it bashes just as hard in most situations, I think it is a better jumping car to. If you want to do backflips and tricks, just fit larger tyres.

One drawback I do see in the Talion is when it is loaded up with heavy upgrades, it loses it's character and becomes very vague and not fun to drive. I haven't driven the new exb, but I would hope that it is a good compromise between reliability and drivability. If you have ever driven a race kit truggy that is well set-up you'll understand what it is like to have a Talion that's in it's element. They aren't the same side by side on a track, but what a Talion feels like when you're bashing is what a race truggy feels like on a track. Fast agile and responsive, it goes exactly where you want it to.

I'm sure I've said this really earlier, but the Kraton is a little sluggish in the turns, which doesn't matter when your bashing in general, but when you compare it to the way the Talion drives it isn't as dialed. This can be adjusted in set-up, but you'll never be able to make a Kraton drive like a Talion. Where it is easy to make a Talion more like a Kraton if you want more clearance and if you don't like the look of one buy a new body shell. The Talion feels more modern to me in the handling and it bashes just as hard in most situations, I think it is a better jumping car to. If you want to do backflips and tricks, just fit larger tyres.

One drawback I do see in the Talion is when it is loaded up with heavy upgrades, it loses it's character and becomes very vague and not fun to drive. I haven't driven the new exb, but I would hope that it is a good compromise between reliability and drivability. If you have ever driven a race kit truggy that is well set-up you'll understand what it is like to have a Talion that's in it's element. They aren't the same side by side on a track, but what a Talion feels like when you're bashing is what a race truggy feels like on a track. Fast agile and responsive, it goes exactly where you want it to.
If you swap the Kraton's big meaty steam-roller tires out for track truggy tires, you gain about 90% back on the Talion's handling advantage. With both trucks running proper truggy tires, they drive very similar - the Talion will still turn a bit better due to the narrower width, and the Kraton still has a bit of extra stability, but they are very close. Yes, I had a Talion and a Kraton at the same time, and ran them on the track with truggy tires at the same time. They are very close, with a slight handling nod to the Talion.

But, the Talion will never soak up bumps like the Kraton, unless you swap in the Kraton's longer shocks (and towers and arms).

But which is "Better"? Personally, I like the Talion better, but my son liked the Kraton better. But, if you like better handling, then you will be drawn to the Typhon. At least, I was. I sold the Talion and got the Typhon, but my son still has his Kraton.

Am I missing something?
The talion is low, fast, agile, and balanced. I personally like how it looks a lot better. The kraton is a bit more stunty than the talion. Higher ground clearance etc. the specific differences are that the components are rearranged on the talion for better balance and the shock towers and shocks are different. And the wheels wing mount, body brace. If the talion exb was out earlier I would have so picked up the talion instead of the kraton exb (and the gearing is different)

Forgot to mention price, talion only comes as rtr, extra cost if you have electronics!

Is the stock Talion chassis titanium?

Where did you get the carbon fiber chassis braces? And would they fit a Kraton 6s?
No its not scorchedparts.co.uk make the chassis, best there is and the only one not to take any damage on the beach

I think of the two like this. Talion "watch how fast I can go".....Kraton "watch where I can go and do and survive"
Speaking out of the box of course...cause Ive seen people turn either one into something totally different than what they were meant for and be badass rigs!!!

Need big shocks for big jumps. Hence the Kraton. No one is racing any of the Arrma stuff. Talion body doesn't have the looks. It all about marketting. If the Talion was more popular, it would be reflected with better sales volume. No one was complaining when the Talion went on B/O for quite a while.
Race Truggies use taller shocks than what comes with a Talion. It is uniques and more of a speed basher for sure. Appears less clumsey. You can send it for sure like everyone does. Probably not the best at it though. A Kraton with 1/8 Truggy (Zero offset) Track tires is about as close as you can get to an Arrma Track Truggy.

When I originally got into R/C I always liked the idea of MTs the best but the models on the market (T-Maxx, Savage, LST etc.) were poorly built, fragile and would break all the time and need constant wrenching and seemingly infinite upgrades after a few big launches. I ended up running truggies as even the cheap ones held up far better. When I got back into R/C I started out by looking for a MT that was built like a truggy and the Kraton 6s seemed to fit the bill nicely. The track here is no longer maintained and full of rocks and deep ruts, so the larger tires, extra ground clearance and longer arms and shocks are useful.

Need big shocks for big jumps. Hence the Kraton. No one is racing any of the Arrma stuff. Talion body doesn't have the looks. It all about marketting. If the Talion was more popular, it would be reflected with better sales volume. No one was complaining when the Talion went on B/O for quite a while.
Race Truggies use taller shocks than what comes with a Talion. It is uniques and more of a speed basher for sure. Appears less clumsey. You can send it for sure like everyone does. Probably not the best at it though. A Kraton with 1/8 Truggy (Zero offset) Track tires is about as close as you can get to an Arrma Track Truggy.
I'm just going to agree to disagree in regards to these statements.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back