Why do you own multiple RCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AristonC

I'm not addicted, you are!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Why do you own multiple RCs and how often do you run them all?

For me, it's all about the building process. While I own some RTR cars, the majority of my collection is kits that I built from the ground up, and the majority of my collection is Touring Cars and Crawlers. When I'm building a new trail rig, there are so many different directions to go with it, so I just keep building more. Some are purpose built to do one thing perfectly, some are "good at a lot, great at a little," some are built to compete in different classes that have different rules, etc. So, they add up over time. I'm sitting north of 50 now, and I'm still building. I've probably got 20 kits sitting in their box waiting for their turn on the workbench, and whenever I see a new kit that I want or think of a different way or style I want to try, I buy another one.

Back