Why do you own multiple RCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AristonC

I'm not addicted, you are!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

Why do you own multiple RCs and how often do you run them all?

Ok so now that I've been bitten by the bug, I'm already looking at getting another new RC after having recently purchased the Typhon Mega 550 and the Kraton 6S V5. That desire got me thinking, how many do I plan to end up owning and why? I'm only one guy so I can only use one at a time but my assumption is that perhaps one day I wanna street bash on a set of street tires and the next I may want to launch off the dirt and grass. Those interests lend themselves to having one of each type of RC, but at what point do you decide to own multiple street bashers or multiple off-road bashers? Please excuse my waxing philosophic for a Tuesday, but I figured I'd ask the question here. :unsure:

I own a lot of rcs because they just accumulate over time. I never really planned on it but it just happened. I have two latrax rally’s, losi mini t, traxxas Bigfoot, redcat volcano, and arrma outcast 4s, and a cheap vrx buggy

Leonardo Dicaprio Cause GIF by MOODMAN

I have two, they run on different terrain. The Mojave is great for shredding in the dirt and the Typhon I use for parking lot ripping. I would like to set up a speed runner too but the Infraction and Felony also have my attention.

* I forgot my little Axial SCX Crawler for indoor fun and rainy days. It's also extremely portable for when you have to go somewhere that is not practical to take your big rigs. :)

Last edited:
Each RC drives differently. It takes trying different ones to know what you like. Do you like a On Road, Monster Truck, Truggy, Crawler, Buggy, etc. Within those categories, For instance, a Xmaxx is a monster truck, a Notorious is a monster truck also, they have different feels to them.

So I personally buy multiple cars according to my wants at the time. Oh also, I have a addiction! The real question is, "How can you only have just one or two?"

I purchased a Typhon Mega just for fun and the nostalgia of my childhood RC cars....

Then I thought "Wait! Technology has improved a lot in 20 years and brushless motors are a thing now!", so I bought a Typhon 3S.

(And now I want a truck model for the wider stance/footprint).

A big part of the answer is addiction and consumerism: We want them all and we want them now. :D

The rational part of the answer is that different RCs drive differently. It is interesting to have diversity in the fleet so that we have the possibility to use the "right" RC for a particular terrain. Also, they break all the time, so it's quite a leap of faith to drive to a bashing spot with a single RC and multiple battery packs.

Currently, I only own two RC (one for me and one for my son). I think we will need to add another one to have some redundancy in case of breakages.

Because when one breaks I can still enjoy bashing while waiting for the parts to fix it. But each car is different and they each offer different experiences, like others have said it just happens.

Have different ones for different terrain and where I may be running them at the time. And also when one breaks I still have a few I can take out and run through a few packs. I usually take two different rigs with me when I go out.

I try to not accumulate, but, well, only semi-successful:ROFLMAO:

Kraton EXB is my "primary" rc
The Infraction is my on-road/speed rc
Losi 8ight XTE was a project with my son, so it's more an occasional use, will have forever rc
Losi Mini 8ight buggy I have had forever, just a neat little car that I'll probably just keep as is rc
Tamiya Avante Black I always wanted as a kid, so it's just a sentimental rc
SCX-24 Betty bought on impulse, great office rc

Only thing I really want *right now* is a Kyosho Ultima kit. That was my first rc, figure I should probably have that one just because.

I think I will try not to keep the list growing. If something new comes out I want I think I'll sell something I have and replace it, that's what I've done so far with a couple of things, feel like what I have is enough since my son also has a couple.

You’re just getting started my friend! My wife asked the same question, why do you have so many, you can only drive one at a time. I enjoy everything about the hobby. Buying parts, upgrades, wrenching, bashing, etc... I’ve been back into the hobby for a little over a year. I now have 9 Arrma’s! 🤷🏻‍♂️ When I’m done upgrading my latest, I’ll work on another build. You can’t have enough options IMO! Good luck with your RC addiction!👍🏼

Back