Why has arrma not yet made a RC speed boat? It would open a new window for opportunity vs traxxas.and bring a new arrma fan group to our community.

Should arrma make a super speed boat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I love speed boats and I don't know why arrma hasn't made something to compete against Traxxas speed boats..I must say Traxxas has gourgeous boats super fast. Ik that HH has RC boats but not yet made any with arrma logo so does any one else know why and I'm curious to see if any one else feels arrma should put there logo on one and start a new trend for us fans.didnt know where to post this thread so I chose here

HH already has some boats. :rolleyes:
HH would not want to compete with it's wholy owned brands.
Boats are a small niche RC hobby.
But I could see my Kraton hauling a Cigarette Arrma boat on a trailer to the lake.:giggle:

I feel that arrma should work on getting their bashers better before they make any crawlers, race cars, planes, or boats. Arrma was advertised as a bashing brand from the start. Traxxas is just a radio control brand. I wouldn't buy an arrma boat unless it was better than the comparable models. I follow the best product, not the name.

I'm more interested in something like the rock rey in a 1/8th scale from Arrma. Boats are cool, but they aren't nearly as popular as rc stuff that rolls or flies.

This is right up @LibertyMKiii alley..

>>> Because his Custom Carbon Fiber boats would blow them out of the water!!!

Last edited:
I ran my one Radio Shack boat in the bathtub.
It had a fail safe. The motor would only spin if boat hull touched water. I got their best boat cheap when RS went out of business.
Just that Wifey threw it out.:mad::mad::mad::confused:

Limited demographics. Not everyone has access to bodies of water.
I visited the website and it appears that they have a total of three boats compared to 100’s of cars. Seems they are aware of the small market.

Very true.

And not only that.. Once you bash & flip/crash a 36" RC boat out in the middle of the lake.. You're going to need a canoe to go out and fetch it.. or swim.
(And, hopefully the lipos aren't on fire...)

I already hate doing the walk of shame, happened yesterday my last 185 blx esc went out. I am not doing the swim of shame.
That's why you always need a back up/tow boat.:giggle:
That's why I had 2 boats. Got stuck with a dead lipo in the lake, and all the ducks crapped all over it, before it drifted back to the shoreline.:mad:
Very true.

And not only that.. Once you bash & flip/crash a 36" RC boat out in the middle of the lake.. You're going to need a canoe to go out and fetch it.. or swim.
Many boats have a "Right Up" feature when they do flip.
But every seasoned RC boater will always have that one back up boat, with a Tail hook to grab the boat and tow it back. A cheap simple boat for towing at a minimum. If with other RC'ers there is always help to get yours.
I would probably still be into boats right now if wifey didn't toss them. My son loved boats.
I was at a boat event, with many older gents in ther late 70's. Every sunday morning in the summer. It was a club and there was that one guy who had a huge Tug boat made of wood. It had a smoking stack and all with a Tug boat sound. He would grab all the guys stuck out there. These guys were serious RC Boaters. All hand made out of wood. No racer boats were allowed for some reason. Only a certain amount of boats were allowed at a time. All scale looking old-school vintage boats. Many were nitro. I didn't quite fit in with my RS boat.:giggle:

Last edited:
Some folks keep forgetting that Arrma is not a standalone outfit. Horizon is the company and they already have ProBoat.
You are basically asking why a McRib is not making a burger, completely ignoring McDonald's.

Very true.

Not unless it's self righting like mine are.
And also you can have a retrieving boat

Assuming it's just a simple flip..

But, sometimes after a crash there's an electrical problem and no response from the RX.. out in the middle of the lake..

And also you can have a retrieving boat
I was a boat guy before starting RC cars and trucks and since I became a armma fan just been curious have noticed Traxxas and arrma compete alot on there trucks so question to why arrma hasn't at least made one animal of boat to go up against Traxxas fastest RC boat which is the M41 at 175 mph..not like arrma can't make something with that much ballz... horizon hobbys fastest boat is proboat zelos Miss Geico at 75 mph.
Impulse
Black jack
UL hydro plane
Sonic wake
Proboat veles
Recoil
And other smaller models don't compare to Traxxas in speed wise..back at my lhs many have allways asked why has arrma not thrown one RC boat that can reach the 175 mph ? Can we make a proboat as fast? Sure we can but it's not offered out of the box ready..as for many not having the water to use them well that goes also the same with bashers not having wide enough land or speed runners not having enough road to stretch them legs..all depends where your at..here in the United States I'm sure we all have a little of water and land to use these all.im fortunate to have both.land and water.im in Rhode island and ponds lakes ocean isn't a issue nor is open feilds or parks .I'm sure almost everyone can find somewhere to go and use there toys..that's not the question here.. obviously if you don't have them areas then this hobby isn't for them .. question is why not a arrma logo on at least one killer mean boat just to go up against Traxxas..??? I think they have thought about it.maybey HH doesn't want it .and if that's the case we'll why hasn't HH come up with one that can even come close to what Traxxas has made .like the M41? Or the spartan ? Either way I'd buy it since I love RC boats.i prefer kits instead only because of the fiberglass hull but just saying.im not alone here and I've been asked to come up on here and ask what people think..you guys are arrma and Traxxas fans and competitiveness is allways good 👍

Assuming it's just a simple flip..

But, sometimes after a crash there's an electrical problem and no response from the RX.. out in the middle of the lake..
Don't get an RC boat unless you have a retrieval method.

You can make your own for ~ $100-200. All part of the hobby.

Here is mine rescuing the rescuer and the broken down one.
20210815_150859.jpg

And other smaller models don't compare to Traxxas in speed wise..back at my lhs many have allways asked why has arrma not thrown one RC boat that can reach the 175 mph ? Can we make a proboat as fast? Sure we can but it's not offered out of the box ready..as for many not having the water to use them well that goes also the same with bashers not having wide enough land or speed runners not having enough road to stretch them legs..all depends where your at..here in the United States I'm sure we all have a little of water and land to use these all.im fortunate to have both.land and water.im in Rhode island and ponds lakes ocean isn't a issue nor is open feilds or parks .I'm sure almost everyone can find somewhere to go and use there toys..that's not the question here.. obviously if you don't have them areas then this hobby isn't for them .. question is why not a arrma logo on at least one killer mean boat just to go up against Traxxas..??? I think they have thought about it.maybey HH doesn't want it .and if that's the case we'll why hasn't HH come up with one that can even come close to what Traxxas has made .like the M41? Or the spartan ? Either way I'd buy it since I love RC boats.i prefer kits instead only because of the fiberglass hull but just saying.im not alone here and I've been asked to come up on here and ask what people think..you guys are arrma and Traxxas fans and competitiveness is allways good 👍
175mph? lol...ambitious. I mean, i know that boats exist that can go that fast, but I don't think that any of them are off the shelf designs. I might be wrong as I'm not in that scene.

Generally speaking, while the majority of the world is covered with water, it still holds true that the majority of people live on land and the ratio of useable land to useable water is pretty steep. Even for those living in urban areas, you're bound to have at least a parking lot somewhere close by. If you're in the boonies, you're bound to have desolate roads all around. Calm bodies of water are a different challenge entirely.

Back