Why has arrma not yet made a RC speed boat? It would open a new window for opportunity vs traxxas.and bring a new arrma fan group to our community.

Should arrma make a super speed boat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
175mph? lol...ambitious. I mean, i know that boats exist that can go that fast, but I don't think that any of them are off the shelf designs. I might be wrong as I'm not in that scene.

Generally speaking, while the majority of the world is covered with water, it still holds true that the majority of people live on land and the ratio of useable land to useable water is pretty steep. Even for those living in urban areas, you're bound to have at least a parking lot somewhere close by. If you're in the boonies, you're bound to have desolate roads all around. Calm bodies of water are a different challenge entirely.
Like I mentioned this isn't about where you can use them .many have the water for them lol.thats not a issue .where there is a will there is a way..if that was the case then HH wouldn't have even bothered with there RC boat line up..nor would have Traxxas or the other brands.which there are many..for the ones not really into RC boats then this thread isn't for you because automatically the answer would be no..but for us RC boat guys most would like to own a actual arrma boat with the logo.not a HH .this is coming straight from a lot of RC boat guys I hang out with at the RC clubs here in Rhode island and Massachusetts and some from Connecticut. We all have the space for these monsters to rip up some waves..my fastest RC boat is a 42" catamaran kit that I built 4 years ago and it's pulling 6 s at 145 mph.id throw on a arrma logo on it but I would be laughed at when I show up with it at the club lol .Traxxas guys would be all over me with no respect towards my build..trust me Traxxas guys here in my state not to fond of arrma and say it to my face arrma has no ballz ..and wouldn't dare to come up against Traxxas M41 ..which is capable of 175 mph..on water that's pretty much equivalent to double that on land . obviously on water it's by knots not mph.but you get the picture.listen if your a boat guy like me and a arrma fan I'm just saying it would be nice for me to show up with a arrma RC boat ready to rip some poop up against these Traxxas guys .I'd love that to happen..

IMG_20211016_024504190.jpg

IMG_20211016_024626286.jpg

IMG_20211016_024611623.jpg

IMG_20210721_014700757.jpg

IMG_20210721_014852683.jpg

IMG_20210721_014739806.jpg

IMG_20210731_015323303.jpg

IMG_20210721_014935756_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20211016_024533160.jpg

IMG_20210721_014909765.jpg

Just some of my boats I figured to share.also building a v hull wood speed boat .inside finished with fiberglass and epoxy .still in the works .won't be done till next summer but plan on it reaching speeds over 150.

Attachments

• IMG_20210730_013410483.jpg
    IMG_20210730_013410483.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210730_013417146.jpg
    IMG_20210730_013417146.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210730_013440186.jpg
    IMG_20210730_013440186.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210730_013500739.jpg
    IMG_20210730_013500739.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210730_013556779.jpg
    IMG_20210730_013556779.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20210730_013541017.jpg
    IMG_20210730_013541017.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I'm more interested in something like the rock rey in a 1/8th scale from Arrma. Boats are cool, but they aren't nearly as popular as rc stuff that rolls or flies.
The FT already covers that. And Arrma will most likey never offer solid straight axels. Axial has it.
Arrma is all about I.S. front and rear. It's all about the handling.
Like I mentioned this isn't about where you can use them .many have the water for them lol.thats not a issue .where there is a will there is a way..if that was the case then HH wouldn't have even bothered with there RC boat line up..nor would have Traxxas or the other brands.which there are many..for the ones not really into RC boats then this thread isn't for you because automatically the answer would be no..but for us RC boat guys most would like to own a actual arrma boat with the logo.not a HH .this is coming straight from a lot of RC boat guys I hang out with at the RC clubs here in Rhode island and Massachusetts and some from Connecticut. We all have the space for these monsters to rip up some waves..my fastest RC boat is a 42" catamaran kit that I built 4 years ago and it's pulling 6 s at 145 mph.id throw on a arrma logo on it but I would be laughed at when I show up with it at the club lol .Traxxas guys would be all over me with no respect towards my build..trust me Traxxas guys here in my state not to fond of arrma and say it to my face arrma has no ballz ..and wouldn't dare to come up against Traxxas M41 ..which is capable of 175 mph..on water that's pretty much equivalent to double that on land . obviously on water it's by knots not mph.but you get the picture.listen if your a boat guy like me and a arrma fan I'm just saying it would be nice for me to show up with a arrma RC boat ready to rip some poop up against these Traxxas guys .I'd love that to happen..

View attachment 254568

View attachment 254569

View attachment 254570

View attachment 254571

View attachment 254572

View attachment 254573

View attachment 254574

View attachment 254575

View attachment 254576

View attachment 254577
Just some of my boats I figured to share.also building a v hull wood speed boat .inside finished with fiberglass and epoxy .still in the works .won't be done till next summer but plan on it reaching speeds over 150.
ProBoat. Among the best out there.:love:

I feel that arrma should work on getting their bashers better before they make any crawlers, race cars, planes, or boats. Arrma was advertised as a bashing brand from the start. Traxxas is just a radio control brand. I wouldn't buy an arrma boat unless it was better than the comparable models. I follow the best product, not the name.
This^ the founder and current managing director of Arrma specifically stated that Arrma will never make a crawler as that is not what they are about.

This^ the founder and current managing director of Arrma specifically stated that Arrma will never make a crawler as that is not what they are about.
If the founder and current managing director of arrma doesn't want or willing to expand it's product line towards other RC vehicles then that's on them but if I was them I would open the opportunity to expand my company in many directions..better for business better for putting your brand out there and reaches a wide customer base ..people all ready love what arrma has done so why not further progress and open other doors..just saying being limited to just one type of product isn't allways good..but hey what do I know .I'm just a hobbiest like all of you ..👍
Don't get an RC boat unless you have a retrieval method.

You can make your own for ~ $100-200. All part of the hobby.

Here is mine rescuing the rescuer and the broken down one.
View attachment 254559
Funny I actually made something like that. Pretty cool .works great

Last edited:
If the founder and current managing director of arrma doesn't want or willing to expand it's product line towards other RC vehicles then that's on them but if I was them I would open the opportunity to expand my company in many directions..better for business better for putting your brand out there and reaches a wide customer base ..people all ready love what arrma has done so why not further progress and open other doors..just saying being limited to just one type of product isn't allways good..but hey what do I know .I'm just a hobbiest like all of you ..👍

Funny I actually made something like that. Pretty cool .works great

Before Arrma and Axial were owned by Horizon Hobby they were a division of Hobbico under Arrma Durango LTD. And before they were a division of Hobbico they were owned by Dragon Star. Axial had always been their crawler line and Arrma had always been their basher line. Now with both brands still under the same roof they let Axial stick with what they do best and they stick to what they do best.

Last edited:
The FT already covers that. And Arrma will most likey never offer solid straight axels. Axial has it.
Arrma is all about I.S. front and rear. It's all about the handling.

Makes sense. Losi seems to be their line for going very realistic: Grave Digger, King Sling, Rock Rey, DBXL are all more specialized platforms which are cool, but parts availability and upgrade options looks like a drawback. I guess I hadn't thought of the Fireteam as a rock racer, but its probably the closest Arrrma will ever get.
Makes me wonder if it would work even better on rough true rock racing type terrain with one of the new hobbywing max sensored combos, lower gearing and the Hyrax tires Pro-Line makes for the 1/6 Rock Rey. I know they would still be entirely different animals, but would be interesting. Stock fireteam tires are 6.68x2.56 and the Hyrax 1/6 tires are 7.28x2.75, bigger, but not way bigger, might require 24mm hex conversion though.

I wish some brand would make riggers. TFL has a tiny one that looks like a ton of fun, but I'd love to see big/nice 6s to 8s rigger. That would the the ticket to an 80 -100 mph RTR boat that would shake up the rc boat world.

Slap an Arrma sticker on the boat and call it a day.
I rather have Proboat livery. Bragging rights.... Proboat is the good stuff from what I hear.:giggle:
I wish some brand would make riggers. TFL has a tiny one that looks like a ton of fun, but I'd love to see big/nice 6s to 8s rigger. That would the the ticket to an 80 -100 mph RTR boat that would shake up the rc boat world.
I think I've seen custom out rigger hulls before.:unsure:
Hydrofoil hulls are fastest I think?

And, for those new members who may not know what Liberty is referring to..

Here's the cliffnotes on his 'fast' RC boats & outriggers >>>

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/general-discussions-fast-rc-boat.40352/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/libertys-high-speed-rc-outrigger-boat-build-thread.42889/

I really wish you guys can see his rigger "slipstream" boat, at his shop..
Seeing it and Realizing it's NOT some off the shelf thing he purchased and hacked or modded... But instead it's a completely custom designed boat (from a blank computer screen) And Hand-Made by himself!

Yeah.... it's Astonishing to see - in person.

Last edited:
I was a boat guy before starting RC cars and trucks and since I became a armma fan just been curious have noticed Traxxas and arrma compete alot on there trucks so question to why arrma hasn't at least made one animal of boat to go up against Traxxas fastest RC boat which is the M41 at 175 mph..not like arrma can't make something with that much ballz... horizon hobbys fastest boat is proboat zelos Miss Geico at 75 mph.
Impulse
Black jack
UL hydro plane
Sonic wake
Proboat veles
Recoil
And other smaller models don't compare to Traxxas in speed wise..back at my lhs many have allways asked why has arrma not thrown one RC boat that can reach the 175 mph ? Can we make a proboat as fast? Sure we can but it's not offered out of the box ready..as for many not having the water to use them well that goes also the same with bashers not having wide enough land or speed runners not having enough road to stretch them legs..all depends where your at..here in the United States I'm sure we all have a little of water and land to use these all.im fortunate to have both.land and water.im in Rhode island and ponds lakes ocean isn't a issue nor is open feilds or parks .I'm sure almost everyone can find somewhere to go and use there toys..that's not the question here.. obviously if you don't have them areas then this hobby isn't for them .. question is why not a arrma logo on at least one killer mean boat just to go up against Traxxas..??? I think they have thought about it.maybey HH doesn't want it .and if that's the case we'll why hasn't HH come up with one that can even come close to what Traxxas has made .like the M41? Or the spartan ? Either way I'd buy it since I love RC boats.i prefer kits instead only because of the fiberglass hull but just saying.im not alone here and I've been asked to come up on here and ask what people think..you guys are arrma and Traxxas fans and competitiveness is allways good 👍
You do realise that the 175 mph is scale speed right. The website for that boat says 50mph . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll take my Proboats over a Traxxas thanks. I have 6 PB rtr's and a TFL .

Why has arrma not yet made a (insert vehicle here)? It would open a new window for opportunity vs traxxas.and bring a new arrma fan group to our community.​

Drone
Stunt helicopter
Stunt planes
etc.
Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark eCards

Are you serious? :ROFLMAO:
https://traxxas.com/products/models/marine/DCBM41 Right in the middle of the page. I only have 2 boats that are slower that the M41. I have 5 boats that are 60 to 100mph + .

View attachment 254568

View attachment 254569

View attachment 254570

View attachment 254571

View attachment 254572

View attachment 254573

View attachment 254574

View attachment 254575

View attachment 254576

View attachment 254577
Do you have video of the 42 doing 145mph . That would be impressive. How are you measuring speed? Just curious.

Last edited:
https://traxxas.com/products/models/marine/DCBM41 Right in the middle of the page. I only have 2 boats that are slower that the M41. I have 5 boats that are 60 to 100mph + .

Do you have video of the 42 doing 145mph . That would be impressive. How are you measuring speed? Just curious.
Probably the same way as an rc car with a SkyRc GPS.
Before Arrma and Axial were owned by Horizon Hobby they were a division of Hobbico under Arrma Durango LTD. And before they were a division of Hobbico they were owned by Dragon Star. Axial had always been their crawler line and Arrma had always been their basher line. Now with both brands still under the same roof they let Axial stick with what they do best and they stick to what they do best.
You can't really think of it as Arrma VS Traxxas, you have to look at it as Horizon VS Traxxas as realistically that is what it is. Horizon has products that Traxxas doesn't make like planes and helicopters. Horizon even has a line of model trains. When is Traxxas going to catch up with Horizon?

Last edited:
Probably the same way as an rc car with a SkyRc GPS.

You can't really think of it as Arrma VS Traxxas, you have to look at it as Horizon VS Traxxas as realistically that is what it is. Horizon has products that Traxxas doesn't make like planes and helicopters. Horizon even has a line of model trains. When is Traxxas going to catch up with Horizon?
Your correct...and as for the video on my 42 inch catamaran sorry I do not have a vid to confirm.never really got into vids due to not having a go pro camera.just a phone camera lol which isn't the best..I use my Garmin GPS to measure my speed .seems pretty accurate .I must correct my self on the speed I stated.145 is incorrect.82.6 was my best with my catamaran 42" kit.i do have one vid with it that my wife recorded but I did no where that due to we were driving home and saw a new pond and the water was calm .had the boat in the back but after just a few minutes I heard my lipo alarm going off so I stopped .lol bad day at the water 😭
I just tryed to post that vid and a another one that my wife did with my phone but it won't let me attach the file ..keeps saying file is to long.which on my 42 it's just 3 minute vid .I don't get it..I even in the past tryed to send it to my friends and same thing happened when I tryed..does anyone know why my price of poop phone won't let me? It's a android moto g play.just bought it about 5 months ago.so it's not like a old phone .bought it because it has a 6 " screen
You do realise that the 175 mph is scale speed right. The website for that boat says 50mph . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll take my Proboats over a Traxxas thanks. I have 6 PB rtr's and a TFL .
Yes I do .175 mph is on the real thing with dual mercury motors lol.

Last edited:
Your correct...and as for the video on my 42 inch catamaran sorry I do not have a vid to confirm.never really got into vids due to not having a go pro camera.just a phone camera lol which isn't the best..I use my Garmin GPS to measure my speed .seems pretty accurate .I must correct my self on the speed I stated.145 is incorrect.82.6 was my best with my catamaran 42" kit.i do have one vid with it that my wife recorded but I did no where that due to we were driving home and saw a new pond and the water was calm .had the boat in the back but after just a few minutes I heard my lipo alarm going off so I stopped .lol bad day at the water 😭
I just tryed to post that vid and a another one that my wife did with my phone but it won't let me attach the file ..keeps saying file is to long.which on my 42 it's just 3 minute vid .I don't get it..I even in the past tryed to send it to my friends and same thing happened when I tryed..does anyone know why my price of poop phone won't let me? It's a android moto g play.just bought it about 5 months ago.so it's not like a old phone .bought it because it has a 6 " screen

Yes I do .175 mph is on the real thing with dual mercury motors lol.
Gotta upload the video to Youtube, the forums do not support video uploads.

Gotta upload the video to Youtube, the forums do not support video uploads.
I went to my Google photos and put a link to that vid .it's ☝️up there.click on it
I went to my Google photos and put a link to that vid .it's ☝️up there.click on it
I tryed it and it works but I had to press the screen twice for some reason .sorry I'm a noob at this lol

Back