Kraton Why is BEC default 6V?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So in looking at specs for Servo and Rx in K8S manual, everything supports 8.4V, so why default BEC to 6V? Can't be that much of an impact on run times, but it seems like getting the extra torque and speed from servo would be desirable?

So in looking at specs for Servo and Rx in K8S manual, everything supports 8.4V, so why default BEC to 6V? Can't be that much of an impact on run times, but it seems like getting the extra torque and speed from servo would be desirable?
I've been wondering the same thing!

No answer but I've been wondering if I turn up the internal bec on my esc to say 8v will my receiver be fine with the addition voltage?

According to the specs paperwork that came with mine, the rx supports 8.4, just like the servo. I can see where the additional voltage will cause the servo to "do more work" and thus have increased heat to dissipate and be operating closer to its limits, but I have a Promodeler 930 that is really more designed to run at 8.4, so if the stock fails I don't care much, perhaps the rx might run a little hotter, although it really isn't drawing amps to create those extra watts, so I doubt it would be impacted like the servo could.

According to the specs paperwork that came with mine, the rx supports 8.4, just like the servo. I can see where the additional voltage will cause the servo to "do more work" and thus have increased heat to dissipate and be operating closer to its limits, but I have a Promodeler 930 that is really more designed to run at 8.4, so if the stock fails I don't care much, perhaps the rx might run a little hotter, although it really isn't drawing amps to create those extra watts, so I doubt it would be impacted like the servo could.
That's kinda what I was thinking. It was just a gap in my info because I knew it will shorten the life of a poop stock servo but I'm running a protek 370tbl. Thanks again guys for the help?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back