Outcast Arrma 8s is on demon time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did answer ya in the other thread but it was a "combined" reply..easily missed. I'm no authority for sure but, I don't think much has changed. Maybe the bracing? The 2 or 3 items that got my attention were the new motor and esc, along with the v2 BF'S. Otherwise, IDK.
On second thought..yes! It's all new 7075 T6 aerospace materials..ur O8S is inferior! Surrender it to me now!!😉🤣🤣🍻
I think the longer chassis of the K8s might have issues if anything. Have to consider that the V2 OC8s with all the minor tweaks done to it and EXB parts combined made a difference.
These have come a very long way since the Early Preleased 8s line.

I think the longer chassis of the K8s might have issues if anything. Have to consider that the V2 OC8s with all the minor tweaks done to it and EXB parts combined made a difference.
I agree, the K8S is definitely more vulnerable just as with the 6s rigs. I'd have to think Arrma has made changes based on what we're seeing. The v2 O8S has taken a pretty good shelling so far👍The 5687 is clearly what it needed as a motor from the get go. Run times will suffer but, is what it is.
Those v2 BF's!! Dang, they don't really balloon at all either!! Worth $180? Hell no! But they're sure worth $130 from JRC!!😉👌

Last edited:
IMG_9260.png

Pulled from ThunderRC latest video
I am by means no expert but looks like a max6 to me. Could be the stock motor but that heatsink with fans does fit on a lot of motors. Xmaxx ESC is that Traxxas blue color.

After hauling an XLWB 6s Arrma rig around a few times, I have zero interest in something bigger and heavier lol:ROFLMAO:. Hard enough to find a bash spot big enough to truly enjoy a 1/7 scale rig. Looks cool though. :cool:

After hauling an XLWB 6s Arrma rig around a few times, I have zero interest in something bigger and heavier lol:ROFLMAO:. Hard enough to find a bash spot big enough to truly enjoy a 1/7 scale rig. Looks cool though. :cool:

I’ve pretty much exclusively drug my 1/5 scales around for the last year, this past weekend I only brought my DR8 and LMT and it was a quite nice change of pace.

I asked on another thread, but no one answered me, so I’ll ask here. Do you think they reformulated the aluminum chassis to make it true 7075 or redesigned it somehow to make it tougher, and do you think they reformulated the plastics for the a arms etc? Or just the same sht different stickers add a motor and esc?
We must ask kev
Perhaps Arrma has revised the arms? The truck is definitely heavier now with bigger tires and motor? Gotta be?
They always do in secret

Do you really think they changed the plastic compound of the arms through? I haven't seen any new part numbers pop up.

Do you really think they changed the plastic compound of the arms through? I haven't seen any new part numbers pop up.
Not really sure, would likely have to make a side by side comparison to know. Often times companies make changes/updates to a part without changing part numbers..though they usually will mention it..

I don't think they did and I really don't see anything wrong with the current arms either. I'm still on damn near every stock arm on both the k8s and o8s after a year and I bash harder than most.

View attachment 319968
Pulled from ThunderRC latest video
I am by means no expert but looks like a max6 to me. Could be the stock motor but that heatsink with fans does fit on a lot of motors. Xmaxx ESC is that Traxxas blue color.

Definitely not the stock esc. I was watching the video trying to get a clear look but never could on my phone. The motor appears to be on the stock mount which makes me think it’s a stock motor.

Always a bit annoying when people do videos and don’t share what they actually have in it for combos, fearing etc. Both trucks did seem to be running great though so it’s nice to see a solid performance from the new v2 trucks.

I’d also like to know what happened to make him fall out of love with the XRT. For a while it seemed like he thought it was tops.

Definitely not the stock esc. I was watching the video trying to get a clear look but never could on my phone. The motor appears to be on the stock mount which makes me think it’s a stock motor.

Always a bit annoying when people do videos and don’t share what they actually have in it for combos, fearing etc. Both trucks did seem to be running great though so it’s nice to see a solid performance from the new v2 trucks.

I’d also like to know what happened to make him fall out of love with the XRT. For a while it seemed like he thought it was tops.
Man that is why I make sure all our videos got the motor/esc on the screen at some point because I got super frustrated with people not sharing information. And don't get me started on gearing, so many people act like gearing is some national gawd damn secret lol. I swear most of those hardcore bashers seem to not like traxxas as much though thunder seems to love his xmaxx. Aldo hates his and you never even see duperbash/rc dude bashing one either. They all seem to have had slightly negative things to say about the XRT in comparison to the arrma 8s stuff too. Just little tid bits you hear here and there if you watch their videos.

I love my XRT though and i've not had the same problems they have but I guess that's what happens when you're 50 feet high.

Man that is why I make sure all our videos got the motor/esc on the screen at some point because I got super frustrated with people not sharing information. And don't get me started on gearing, so many people act like gearing is some national gawd damn secret lol. I swear most of those hardcore bashers seem to not like traxxas as much though thunder seems to love his xmaxx. Aldo hates his and you never even see duperbash/rc dude bashing one either. They all seem to have had slightly negative things to say about the XRT in comparison to the arrma 8s stuff too. Just little tid bits you hear here and there if you watch their videos.

I love my XRT though and i've not had the same problems they have but I guess that's what happens when you're 50 feet high.

I take duperbash and rcdude81’s comments on Traxxas with a grain of salt. When they get rigs sent to them from Arrma, it’s tough for them to say anything good about Arrma’s competition.

Aldo I pretty much just can’t stand

I take duperbash and rcdude81’s comments on Traxxas with a grain of salt. When they get rigs sent to them from Arrma, it’s tough for them to say anything good about Arrma’s competition.

Aldo I pretty much just can’t stand
I fill ya in. Aldo called it a Maxxipad and a Jalopy...and pretty sure he farted at one point 🤣

I just watched half of Duperbash’s Outcast 8s review video and let me preface this by saying I love Arrma and my 8s Arrma rigs, but these new ones have absolutely nothing “new” or “innovating” about them…

But still…

After watching the first half of his video, I can tell you if Arrma or Jason Dearden stopped short, Duperbash would know what they had for breakfast.

I just watched half of Duperbash’s Outcast 8s review video and let me preface this by saying I love Arrma and my 8s Arrma rigs, but these new ones have absolutely nothing “new” or “innovating” about them…

But still…

After watching the first half of his video, I can tell you if Arrma or Jason Dearden stopped short, Duperbash would know what they had for breakfast.
Yea its like an upgrade to the RTR but not the exb roller. It's literally the same truck, not that I'm complaining as I didn't really have a problem with the truck before. I'm happy they're getting some fresh attention and now people are realizing that they in fact don't suck. Stock electronics are so much better than the traxxas 8s stuff it's not even funny too. I wish I could talk the wifey into wanting one. :ROFLMAO:

Yea its like an upgrade to the RTR but not the exb roller. It's literally the same truck, not that I'm complaining as I didn't really have a problem with the truck before. I'm happy they're getting some fresh attention and now people are realizing that they in fact don't suck. Stock electronics are so much better than the traxxas 8s stuff it's not even funny too. I wish I could talk the wifey into wanting one. :ROFLMAO:
Agreed, not much change from the roller if any. The v1 rtr's had better electronics than TRX, just couldn't tell due to the extra weight.. now Arrma has finally given them the motor they needed from the start and that's great. But yeah, nothing really new at all. Well, the v2 BF'S are pretty sweet..

But still…

Yep.. he knows what Jason had for breakfast..😛🤣

I agree, the K8S is definitely more vulnerable just as with the 6s rigs. I'd have to think Arrma has made changes based on what we're seeing. The v2 O8S has taken a pretty good shelling so far👍The 5687 is clearly what it needed as a motor from the get go. Run times will suffer but, is what it is.
Those v2 BF's!! Dang, they don't really balloon at all either!! Worth $180? Hell no! But they're sure worth $130 from JRC!!😉👌
You are referring to the latest 8s "Big Block" BF's???

Well now it looks like he has the stock VXL-8s in the X-Maxx. Not really sure what he is considering “stock”

323A09FC-4043-4C34-BBEF-B29A517376B1.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back