Outcast Arrma 8s is on demon time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea man!! That was an epic matchup! All 3 vids were killer. He ain't scared to break em, that's for sure!! I gotta say, the 5687 motor really seems to bring the Arrma 8s rtr's "to life" compared to the v1 rtr 4685 motor. I know, still not enough for some though😉
I'll be keeping an eye on the classifieds for a 5687 takeoff..🤞😎🍻

Yea man!! That was an epic matchup! All 3 vids were killer. He ain't scared to break em, that's for sure!! I gotta say, the 5687 motor really seems to bring the Arrma 8s rtr's "to life" compared to the v1 rtr 4685 motor. I know, still not enough for some though😉
I'll be keeping an eye on the classifieds for a 5687 takeoff..🤞😎🍻
Seriously! the new arrma 8s rigs seem very peppy compared to v1. I mean it is basically what a lot of people were upgrading the RTR's too anyway so it's definitely nice. I think most people could be 100% fine with just an upgrade to the esc now and maybe thats not even needed if it runs cool enough but I'd probably do it for sure. Saving money not having to dump the motor :cool:

I asked on another thread, but no one answered me, so I’ll ask here. Do you think they reformulated the aluminum chassis to make it true 7075 or redesigned it somehow to make it tougher, and do you think they reformulated the plastics for the a arms etc? Or just the same sht different stickers add a motor and esc?

I asked on another thread, but no one answered me, so I’ll ask here. Do you think they reformulated the aluminum chassis to make it true 7075 or redesigned it somehow to make it tougher, and do you think they reformulated the plastics for the a arms etc? Or just the same sht different stickers add a motor and esc?
I think thats a really good question. I would like to believe they made the chassis real 7075 for sure though.

I did answer ya in the other thread but it was a "combined" reply..easily missed. I'm no authority for sure but, I don't think much has changed. Maybe the bracing? The 2 or 3 items that got my attention were the new motor and esc, along with the v2 BF'S. Otherwise, IDK.
On second thought..yes! It's all new 7075 T6 aerospace materials..ur O8S is inferior! Surrender it to me now!!😉🤣🤣🍻

If I had to assume which item would "fail" first, it would've been the driveshaft...and sure enough, he bent it on the first screwy landing. He beat the the tar out that thing, and for the most part it just took it like a champ. But man, those driveshafts really grind my gears. 30lb rig with driveshafts the size of a straw 😒

If I had to assume which item would "fail" first, it would've been the driveshaft...and sure enough, he bent it on the first screwy landing. He beat the the tar out that thing, and for the most part it just took it like a champ. But man, those driveshafts really grind my gears. 30lb rig with driveshafts the size of a straw 😒
Me too.. I even commented on the first YT vid about the Outcast sounding like a swiss watch vs a Casio (Xmaxx)..🤣 It does sound like a rickshaw for sure. It's saving grace is it's lightweight which is likely closer to 20lb than 30. I have an X, it is a good rig. I have had countless good bashes with it.

Man I've bent my xrt driveshafts way easier than he bent the outcasts. I have to wonder if my upgraded xrt driveshafts would have even survived that type of hit.

think you would bend any driveshafts the way he landed can't believe he didn't break any arms

think you would bend any driveshafts the way he landed can't believe he didn't break any arms
Can't argue with you there, physics will always win. After watching the replay a few more times, I'm surprised the arms held up as well.

The new rtr electronics definitely make the traxxas stuff look bad, granted I thought arrma electronics were already better but the difference is even larger now.

I gotta say, the 5687 motor really seems to bring the Arrma 8s rtr's "to life" compared to the v1 rtr 4685 motor.
I remember V1 O8S having juuuust enough to tear into a wheelie right out of the box on 8S, 6S it was a pure dog. The V2 O8S rips wheelies all day long on 6S, and it'll nearly backflip on 8S from a standstill. I'm betting with either thicker fluid in the center diff, or locking it, it'll do a standing backflip no problem. Definitely a big improvement over the original version.

Can’t believe no one has chimed in and said something along the lines of “typical 8s spaghetti noodle driveshafts” or “he isn’t sending it as hard as a 6s”.
Might finally be getting the point 💪🏼🤣

I truly do like both. I don't own an Arrma 8s but if it drives anything like the 6s, which it sure "looks" like it does, I'm a fan. Both are legends in my book. I like Rocky, seems like a cool dude, easy going, great driver too. Wonder why the Xmaxx is all the sudden sporting Prolines without mention? I know why..😏😉
Also, I still don't buy it that it's on stock power. Maybe, but I doubt it. Surprised he's dissing the XRT, I must have missed something there? Seems the XRT more closely matches the O8S in vehicle type than the Xmaxx? Guess it's not as tough tho?
In the end, pick one (or both) and have a blast!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back