Felony Why no handbrake on the Felony...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know but I have a Notorious with 16t speed pinion and am eager to drive one of those 80mph hobbies.

Really? Why would you need a handbrake on something you can easily get sideways by the twitch of your index finger?
I agree. Seems like the Hand brake is too gimmicky for me. Fluff that wont be used much and just in the way chassis wise. I can see operating the handbrake while in motion will destroy the pads/disc and / or drivetrain. Manual says say not to do that. I think it was more a marketing tool. That handbrake was in the works when they designed the V1 Infr. The chassis always had those 2 extra unused holes for the HB servo mount. Arrma had planned this a while ago.
I have no interest in the H brake. I know that once it failed on me, I would remove the whole module anyway. Too much clutter IMHO.
Im curious as to what it actually does. Lock the fronts/rears or all around? Probably a front wheel brake to light up the rear wheels like dragsters do, or perhaps locks the rears like Drifters do. No clue.
I wish someone would show us how it works. The benefit. Fun factor??? :cool:

I agree. Seems like the Hand brake is too gimmicky for me. Fluff that wont be used much and just in the way chassis wise. I can see operating the handbrake while in motion will destroy the pads/disc and / or drivetrain. Manual says say not to do that. I think it was more a marketing tool. That handbrake was in the works when they designed the V1 Infr. The chassis always had those 2 extra unused holes for the HB servo mount. Arrma had planned this a while ago.
I have no interest in the H brake. I know that once it failed on me, I would remove the whole module anyway. Too much clutter IMHO.
Im curious as to what it actually does. Lock the fronts/rears or all around? Probably a front wheel brake to light up the rear wheels like dragsters do, or perhaps locks the rears like Drifters do. No clue.
I understand that the original intent seems silly, but for speed runs, it would save a ton of heat on the motor to have a brake. I plan on acquiring one for my stretched Typhon

I understand that the original intent seems silly, but for speed runs, it would save a ton of heat on the motor to have a brake. I plan on acquiring one for my stretched Typhon
You have a good point, if that is how the brake actually works. If It can be used to brake during a speed run, then it is well worth it and has a good purpose. Braking is problem when doing 100mph. The ESC heats up while braking hard. Takes 100ft to stop and all.
I thought it was just for locking the front or rear wheels while stationary. For hole shots or drifting. I thought that's what a Hand brake was used for in scale cars.

It locks the rears only and it will be pretty much worthless trying to slow down a vehicle at 100 mph. Can't wait to see it though!
... Unless you run a spool ?

You have a good point, if that is how the brake actually works. If It can be used to brake during a speed run, then it is well worth it and has a good purpose. Braking is problem when doing 100mph. The ESC heats up while braking hard. Takes 100ft to stop and all.
I thought it was just for locking the front or rear wheels while stationary. For hole shots or drifting. I thought that's what a Hand brake was used for in scale cars.
It locks the rears only and it will be pretty much worthless trying to slow down a vehicle at 100 mph. Can't wait to see it though!
... Unless you run a spool ?

Agreed with all. @bicketybam has a great point, ever try pulling your 1.1 handbrake? It barley slows anything down even locked up. Brakes are about 80% front and 20% rear. As for the spool idea, that would would work but at that point why not just program forward only in your ESC and have a servo only operating the brakes like in a Nitro vehicle? That would cut the heat issue down too, I made a thread about heat from braking, it is a big deal! You could use the brake set up with a CD as well, you'd just need a disc in front of the CD and behind the CD as in a Nitro vehicle (again) and adjust brake power via locking collars and springs.

I think the idea involved in creating this unit was to get it sideways to drift but like I mentioned, that can be done with ease simply by your index finger.

It will send the car flying if used for speed runs! It literally locks up the rear tires and and the whole car goes into a tail slide. Its cool, but like i said in another post, it's all about the wow factor

It will send the car flying if used for speed runs! It literally locks up the rear tires and and the whole car goes into a tail slide. Its cool, but like i said in another post, it's all about the wow factor
I run locked diffs all around so any brake will brake all four wheels at once. And I’m not going to use the brake on 100%. It would be used at a 10% rate to slowly brake. It would just save the motor from the heat of braking. You then could do another pass much more quickly.

I run locked diffs all around so any brake will brake all four wheels at once. And I’m not going to use the brake on 100%. It would be used at a 10% rate to slowly brake. It would just save the motor from the heat of braking. You then could do another pass much more quickly.
Hope it works!

Hope it works!
For the $35 it’s worth a shot. These motors get super hot sometimes and it takes 10-20 mins to cool them off. I sometimes have to bring a spare pack just to run fans.

If it works on a single disc locked I'd go more than 10%.

If it works on a single disc locked I'd go more than 10%.
I was giving an example. Haven’t tried it yet. That’s where I will start and see what works. I’m not going to disable motor brakes either. Still need those in an emergency maybe. The idea is a better way to peel off speed and save the motor heat.

You have a good point, if that is how the brake actually works. If It can be used to brake during a speed run, then it is well worth it and has a good purpose. Braking is problem when doing 100mph. The ESC heats up while braking hard.
I thought it was just for locking the front or rear wheels while stationary. For hole shots or drifting.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure which wheels it would control. Makes sense now that it would not be realistic for high speed braking. You will end up flat spotting the rear wheels at high speed. Uncontrollable IMO. Rear brakes does nothing to stop a vehicle. You need all 4 wheels to stop. I could see ABS being used with an appropriate Channel Mixing capable Tx and Rx and some modding.
Tekno had a hard brake Option for their Electric kits some time ago. You would dial out most of the ESC braking and mix the Brake servo into the ESC TH channel. They discontinued the option parts some years ago. My MT410 still retains the Brake servo mount bracket on the chassis. Its still there.
Any idea if a spool setup will work with the Brake module?
I have a Lim and Infr here to try this out.
BTW. I used to eat brake discs and brake plates on both my RC10GT's I would always have to buy them along with my Fuel and glow plugs. And that was only a rear drive nitro. One of my worst complaints about 2WD nitro rigs. And I'm talking only 35MPH speeds 1/10 scale under 5 pounds. Stock spec OS engine.

Last edited:
It seems like a cool idea for about 10 seconds, but I wouldn't want a handbrake on there anyway. To me its extra unnecessary weight with little benefit and something else to break

It seems like a cool idea for about 10 seconds, but I wouldn't want a handbrake on there anyway. To me its extra unnecessary weight with little benefit and something else to break
I'm with you. I wouldn't remove it if I bought a V2 Infraction, but I'd never use it.

I'm with you. I wouldn't remove it if I bought a V2 Infraction, but I'd never use it.
I would probably replace the Radio/Rx anyway, and yank it out knowing myself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back