Kraton Will a Kraton 4s body fit on a Bigrock 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to get a new body for my bigrock/typhon build, and I'm liking the look of the Kraton 4s body.

The wheel base of the Kraton and the wheel base of the Bigrock are the same. 327mm, 12.87 inches. Which makes sense because they have the same chassis. I can get the Kraton body mounts if needed.

My question is, is the Kraton 4s body too wide? Will the tires (dboots katars) rub for any reason?

If anyone has a Kraton 4s, I would appreciate it a lot if I could get the width of the body in a few places. Center, smallest width, largest width, width at the wheel wells or whatever, etc.

Maybe i'm asking too much, but maybe, just maybe a picture of a Kraton 4s body on a Bigrock??

Thanks a lot!

Yes .. they are both lwb chassis.....👍

Just need the 4s body mounts..
Hmmm... Didn't think of the width.. I'll see if I can get a few measurements
Okay, sweet! I already have the body mounts, I got them for my Typhon, but then changed it to a Senton.
Should fit, they use the same chassis
Okay, thanks!

Here you go:

75334041-F1C8-4099-B492-BA2B389CD0AE.jpeg

D8B74C3E-BA7C-4301-A6F8-457F00940BE3.jpeg

87518942-07C0-4BBB-B4E9-784365F777A6.jpeg

24D9DDAE-B35D-4520-ACCF-9AB408E7A1F4.jpeg

So if the 4s Kraton has the same size chassis as the Big Rock what is the point of the 4s line (except you can run it on 4s instead of 3s)??? This could be why Arrma haven't released a new version of the 4s because of the success of the 3 especially the Big Rock which by all accounts is very similar in statue to the 4s Kraton.

So if the 4s Kraton has the same size chassis as the Big Rock what is the point of the 4s line (except you can run it on 4s instead of 3s)??? This could be why Arrma haven't released a new version of the 4s because of the success of the 3 especially the Big Rock which by all accounts is very similar in statue to the 4s Kraton.
The K4S is wider, faster, and better in the air.

Ah yes from an RC driver's perspective. But from a marketing point of view maybe it becomes cluttered with the 3s and 4s being so similar. Especially when there are already 5 different 3s rigs to choose from.

Here you are!

These say Typhon, but the Kraton uses them too. The shorter piece goes in the front, longer in the rear.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/body-mount-set-rear-typhon-4x4/ARAC3497.html

This is just a misc body post set. It'll work.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/body-post-set/ARAC3479.html
I did find typhon posts too when I did a search and assumed they were wrong. So, the links show two very different types of sets but I need to buy both, right ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back