Will it print? Cast your vote

How will it print?

• Not at all - total disaster

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Maybe a little - expecting a terrible print

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Decent - but come-on that is bad

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Perfectly fine - what is the big deal?

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I surely would like to hear the story of why that carriage is so loose?.. did the bearing explode in the lower eccentric wheel?.. bearing come loose from roller? You loosened the eccentric to mess with us?.. 🤔😂😂😂

Yes, I surely would like to hear the story of why that carriage is so loose?.. did the bearing explode in the lower eccentric wheel?.. bearing come loose from roller? You loosened the eccentric to mess with us?.. 🤔😂😂😂

I've been to his place and have seen THAT printer in person..
(He only has that one printer.)

He didn't do that on purpose.
And NO the eccentric wheel (nor its bearing) didn't explode.
I tried my damnedest to try and help fix it ( Spent over an hour dickering with it) to no avail...

I can guarantee you > it's the Weirdest thing I've ever seen...

When are you going to try the print?

I let the print run last night. That initial video was while the print was started and the bed was warming up.
I'll give people a day or two to see this thread and cast their vote before showing the outcome.

Well, technically, if you run that machine super slow.. it will still print..
Settings of the print:

1682529306506.png

Alright so here is the big reveal.

As mentioned @Tex Koder spend about 1 hr trying to fix it and must have just been a bad part from the factory as we couldn't get the slop out of it. Honestly, it has been this way since day one and I never knew anything was wrong :LOL:

He (Tex) was so blown away by this he said something like "you just have to post this on the forum. It will blow people's minds"

I bought a part to fix and replace this but still have not changed it because.... well..... it prints great!

As mentioned @Tex Koder spend about 1 hr trying to fix it and must have just been a bad part from the factory as we couldn't get the slop out of it. Honestly, it has been this way since day one and I never knew anything was wrong :LOL:

He (Tex) was so blown away by this he said something like "you just have to post this on the forum. It will blow people's minds"

I bought a part to fix and replace this but still have not changed it because.... well..... it prints great!
What on earth🤦
That’s wild

(FYI you cannot create a poll in the 3D printing section, it seems only in the General Chaos area)

See the video below of my CR10s Pro. The X carriage is very loose and likely a bit crooked.
Cast your vote about how it will print. The winner(s) get respect.

What did you do

Prints great with a floppy x gantry?
I've been to his place and have seen THAT printer in person..
(He only has that one printer.)

He didn't do that on purpose.
And NO the eccentric wheel (nor its bearing) didn't explode.
I tried my damnedest to try and help fix it ( Spent over an hour dickering with it) to no avail...

I can guarantee you > it's the Weirdest thing I've ever seen...
Its creality

EVERYtime I see @LibertyMKiii produce something from that printer... Knowing what I have seen of that floppy gantry ,it just Boggles my mind that he can get those kind of print results..

It should be IMPOSSIBLE!

Look at it closely.. There's no ringing or layer shifts in his prints!!!
Like WTF!

I'm wasting ALL my time trying to tweak my printers to get my layers to come out good ,in a consistent manner.
Perhaps I should just completely loosen up my eccentric nuts and print stupid loose too.

Last edited:
Back