Mojave Will there be a new Mojave EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like any rusted up truck in the north country. lol
You ain't kidding! My 08 Ferd is just flaking apart..76k miles..shoot, I don't have to worry about getting the POS spark plugs out..it'll be dust before 100k sadly. In the meantime, I've already done brake, steering, transmission lines.. guessin fuel is next. I ā¤Salt!!šŸ¤ŖšŸ„“šŸ„ŗ

Yeah in NYC they completely oversalt in some areas. Others not at all. And literally dump mounds of it in other places. Like half the load of salt. Blocking intersections here and there. You have to drive around these mounds/piles of of salt, if you even can.
NYC Sanitation drivers dump their stuff quick, don't really care, so they can go back to sleep at the garage within the first 2 hours of their 12 hour snow emergency shift. While getting double time pay. Why the roads here suck. And winter driving is crap, most is impassable for a few days. Waste of money and resources. And cars just get all rotted away. Piles of salt lingering well in to the summer in some places. What a joke.
I know the drill. Having friends who work there.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It being like a big Senton
Itā€™s amazing! The senton 6s is what got me hooked on arrma!! The Mojave is top 3 in my book

So glad they don't use salt here.
My point, y'all likely get more snow than us, why is it that SD needn't use salt but NY do?šŸ¤Æ
Trust me, NY wouldn't be my first choice of places to live..born n raised, family and job are here sošŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Definitely won't be starting over in a new job by choice in my 50's, LOL.

Yeah in NYC they completely oversalt in some areas. Others not at all. And literally dump mounds of it in other places. Like half the load of salt. Blocking intersections here and there. You have to drive around these mounds/piles of of salt, if you even can.
NYC Sanitation drivers dump their stuff quick, don't really care, so they can go back to sleep at the garage within the first 2 hours of their 12 hour snow emergency shift. While getting double time pay. Why the roads here suck. And winter driving is crap, most is impassable for a few days. Waste of money and resources. And cars just get all rotted away. Piles of salt lingering well in to the summer in some places. What a joke.
I know the drill. Having friends who work there.
I am beginning to think your a grumpy old man always moaning like me really :(

My point, y'all likely get more snow than us, why is it that SD needn't use salt but NY do?šŸ¤Æ
Trust me, NY wouldn't be my first choice of places to live..born n raised, family and job are here sošŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Definitely won't be starting over in a new job by choice in my 50's, LOL.
I think they use salt in other parts of the state but around here they either use some liquid that they spray or sand because the liquid doesn't work once the temp gets to something like 10 below.

I think they use salt in other parts of the state but around here they either use some liquid that they spray or sand because the liquid doesn't work once the temp gets to something like 10 below.
Yeah, I see the state trucks spraying the liquid urea(piss) here, town and local highway depts still using salt/sand mix. Apparently salt is only effective down to 15f , think the pee is effective to a lower temp?

Screenshot_20230830-173222_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am beginning to think your a grumpy old man always moaning like me really :(
I wouldn't be grumpy if I had a job that let me sleep for 10 of a 12 hour $double time$ pay shift. Nearly doubling my yearly salary in the winter months.
NYC Sanitation guys literally "Pray" for Snowstorms. They watch the weather hoping for that Gold snow falling from the sky. Last year we had little to no snow.
My friend who works there was crying, like he got robbed or something and is broke this year. He didn't make his $157K yearly salary like the year before. :rolleyes:
He couldn't buy that new Jet ski for this summer. He was barbying Hotdogs instead of steaks this summer. Serious Not joking.

I wouldn't be grumpy if I had a job that let me sleep for 10 of a 12 hour $double time$ pay shift. Nearly doubling my yearly salary in the winter months.
NYC Sanitation guys literally "Pray" for Snowstorms. They watch the weather hoping for that Gold snow falling from the sky. Last year we had little to no snow.
My friend who works there was crying, like he got robbed or something and is broke this year. He didn't make his $157K yearly salary like the year before. :rolleyes:
He couldn't buy that new Jet ski for this summer. He was barbying Hotdogs instead of steaks this summer. Serious Not joking.
have you thought about getting a job there I would if lived in new york ;)

Itā€™s amazing! The senton 6s is what got me hooked on arrma!! The Mojave is top 3 in my book
Do you have the EXB Mojave? How do the diffs hold up I'm wondering if I need to fit the alloy gear case to present siffs from moving as the stock gear case weakens

Do you have the EXB Mojave? How do the diffs hold up I'm wondering if I need to fit the alloy gear case to present siffs from moving as the stock gear case weakens
The diff cups still break just like the others on a hard or uneven landing. Iā€™ve got vitavon in one and hot racing in the other w m2c cups.

have you thought about getting a job there I would if lived in new york ;)
I did 23 years with NYC Sheriffs. I am good. Trust me.(y)
Most agencies have so much $waste$ . Is what it is. Mismanaged tax payer money.
But if you work for NYC sanitation, they have the best Teamsters Union contract. Don't need any College. And you can get hired even with a Misdemeanor Criminal record.
You get a Badge and are considered a Uniformed first responder. My friend above was originally a college trained Airline mechanic with all his Plane certifications, Avionics degree and all. Just that The A/L industry sucks. No stability , moving from airline to airline. So he asked me years back if NYC Sanitation was a good job. I told him yeah, if he is willing to get his hands dirty collecting trash. Great pay, great Union. I have other friends also in Sanitation. They all ended up retiring with the best pensions, of all my Civil service friends. including PD, FD, state and all. Sanitation has a 20 year full pension like the rest. Just my friend above has 25 years now. He is getting greedy I think. Keeps going even though he is vested. When you get to age 60, humping 13 tons to fill your truck with trash per day takes a physical toll on you. What good is the pension if you go past 20 years and wait till you you are too old and broke down to enjoy it, all to get a few more nickels. Here garbage is physically placed into the hopper of the truck. Not automated like other places.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back