WoodiE's journey into 3D printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
It's happened, after seeing 3D printers many times and even have bought my fair share of 3d printed items. I've broke down and bought one myself - a Bambu Labs P1S with AMS.

This thread will serve as my way to document my journey into 3D printing, or more likely my troubleshooting thread for 3D printing. :D

Behold my very first 3d print job ever.

my first 3d print ever.jpg

I've ordered a number of Bambu PLA basic filament colors and new hardened hotends, but none of that has made it to me yet. So I'm using the "test" reels Bambu includes with the P1S.

Once the rest of the material comes in I've got a few print jobs I want to make for the printer itself, such as the poop chute and AMS Dry Pods. From there I've got a few things I want to print for my Milwaukee Packout gear, after that, who knows.

Last edited:
Nice first buy!

I see you didnt want to suffer and bought a machine known to be good right out of the box..

Only Joking Channel 5 GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

No, seriously, we are all jealous. :ROFLMAO:

It's happened, after seeing 3D printers many times and even have bought my fair share of 3d printed items. I've broke down and bought one myself - a Bambu Labs P1S with AMS.

This thread will serve as my way to document my journey into 3D printing, or more likely my troubleshooting thread for 3D printing. :D

View attachment 356076

I've ordered a number of Bambu PLA basic filament colors and new hardened hotends, but none of that has made it to me yet. So I'm using the "test" reels Bambu includes with the P1S.

Once the rest of the material comes in I've got a few print jobs I want to make for the printer itself, such as the poop chute and AMS Dry Pods. From there I've got a few things I want to print for my Milwaukee Packout gear, after that, who knows.

Nice first buy!

I see you didnt want to suffer and bought a machine known to be good right out of the box..

Only Joking Channel 5 GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

No, seriously, we are all jealous. :ROFLMAO:

Exactly...

no pain..No Gain.

spartans GIF by MBU Athletics

🤣

View attachment 356076

Great printer choice!

Congrats @WoodiE .. glad you finally pulled the trigger sir.. probably best you waited this long anyway..😉..

Have fun with it sir.. soon you will see why you can't live without one. 🤪..

Last edited:

View attachment 356076

Congratulations on you're new printer 😁👍

Nice first buy!

I'll admit I'm lazy and pretty dumb. So I wanted something that would make it easy on me.

Even still I managed to take forever to get the P1S setup. Ran into a few errors during setup and then couldn't figure out how to print the boat and ended up printing the wrong one. The one I printed was a 40min print job and not the 15min one.

I'm already off to a rocky start. haha

I very much need to spend some time in the Bambu Studio app and figure out how to use it.

And while we're on the topic of things to print..

I would suggest this very functional piece to add to your brand new printer >>

AMS Riser
https://www.printables.com/model/566398-minimalist-ams-riser-for-x1c-and-p1p
Hey @Tex Koder any reason why you picked this particular riser?

I was actually looking at printing the DK1 Riser. I like the idea of having vents built in that I could open and close and the ability to add more light because I've seen night lights brighter than the light that's included in the P1S.

What are you getting @Dan B.?
It’s an Easythreed X3. It was the printer my brother in law used to cut his teeth before he bought a better one. He gave me a whole box full of new filament spools, too! I’ll unpack it and fire it up at some point soon.

Hey @Tex Koder any reason why you picked this particular riser?

I was actually looking at printing the DK1 Riser. I like the idea of having vents built in that I could open and close and the ability to add more light because I've seen night lights brighter than the light that's included in the P1S.

The one I picked allows you to open the top lid at different level of openness/ventilation AND at that same time holds your AMS unit at it's standard "on top" location.
Plus, it uses the least amount of filament to print -for what it allows you to do.

Back