Worst rc repair/upgrade experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter how careful you are using it, your fingers seem to always touch some. Guess I will start using surgical gloves from now on.
Hahaha...I've tried that only to have the surgical glove stick to the tire i was gluing.
I actually enjoy tearing them completely apart for cleaning and routine maintenance on or about every 20 packs. But me and that tiny little piece of folded in half foam where the wires for the receiver box go, fight every single time we cross paths. That's probably the only part that can get me aggravated on the entire rig
I feel your pain. And that piece of foam makes the receiver box water...proof??? ?

I actually enjoy tearing them completely apart for cleaning and routine maintenance on or about every 20 packs. But me and that tiny little piece of folded in half foam where the wires for the receiver box go, fight every single time we cross paths. That's probably the only part that can get me aggravated on the entire rig
Can i bring you my Fury then? I have ran it for over a year, and other than rebuilding the diff awhile back because i didn't have a choice, and changing tires that never seem to last more than a week, i have never tore it completely apart, and the only time i wont run it is if their is actually snow on whatever surface i run it on, and every time i do run it, i wash it off really good, so it is probably way past due. I run it on average 4 times a day, 5 to 6 times a week.

I was planing to buy some hobby rc tire glue was panning getting some bakclip 4s and gluing them on the minokawa rims who have worn tires. I so far have a 4s kraton and it was pretty easy to maintain but i took apart the motor module like 40 time because silly slipper clutch getting loose now that is fixed but now i have to open the motor module to check if my screws are not getting weak and getting loose and destroying my pinion and spur
Because they came loose 2 days ago and stripped two motor mounting screws.. i don't trust tread lock anymore

I gave up on the radio box seal. Can’t fu€k with it any more. Tore that female dog out... and proceeded to drive my Typhon into a ditch full of water, fully submerged for 30 seconds. ??‍♂️

I gave up on the radio box seal. Can’t fu€k with it any more. Tore that female dog out... and proceeded to drive my Typhon into a ditch full of water, fully submerged for 30 seconds. ??‍♂️
I cutted the seal thing from where the wires come out on my 4s kraton i can fit an extra 4 wires because of that now:D
I sometimes have to fight to fit my last led wire tho?

For me, it's diffs. I hate dealing with them. Shimming, greasing, filling with oil, cleaning to remove oil to re-shim or replace bearings... hate it. The smell of naptha leaks into my pores and it's all I smell for 3 days in my office/work area.

My most recent endeavor with using arrma's diff cups have forced me to revisit them waaaaaaaay more than I like. My whole point of getting those cups was to lessen the diff maintenance... it is not panning out.

2019-0917-gollum-weHatesThem.jpg

For me, it's diffs. I hate dealing with them. Shimming, greasing, filling with oil, cleaning to remove oil to re-shim or replace bearings... hate it. The smell of naptha leaks into my pores and it's all I smell for 3 days in my office/work area.

My most recent endeavor with using arrma's diff cups have forced me to revisit them waaaaaaaay more than I like. My whole point of getting those cups was to lessen the diff maintenance... it is not panning out.

2019-0917-gollum-weHatesThem.jpg
Thanks for the heads up on the arrma cups. Was thinking about getting some, but questioned the dual flanged ends. While I guess it makes it easier to access those gears, it seems like it's a potential for leaks.

I switched out the receiver box for one from another company, name withheld but ends in ass. I zip tied it to the side of the tower in the center of the truck because it doesn't need to be flat like many avc models would have to. Much more waterproof, easy to access and cost very little buying one from Jennys. Some say it looks cheesy, but the stock box is such a pita, cheesy seems like a better solution.

I switched out the receiver box for one from another company, name withheld but ends in ass. I zip tied it to the side of the tower in the center of the truck because it doesn't need to be flat like many avc models would have to. Much more waterproof, easy to access and cost very little buying one from Jennys. Some say it looks cheesy, but the stock box is such a pita, cheesy seems like a better solution.
Got pics? I have an old VXL Rustler that has one.

Wuuut lol
I like running carefree, and this rx box is watertight and locked in place. Using larger ties now, but easy to cut and replace when I have to get in there. The stock box is in a bad spot, isn't nearly as water tight because of that little foam piece, and doesn't have enough room inside to coil excess wire if you wanted to keep it cleaner. Mine is ugly, but function can't always look good.

Not sure how close you can zoom, but it's the one from a Slash.View attachment 48516View attachment 48517
Are you using the stock radio/receiver? Just wondering why the need for a waterproof box, but, i use waterproof FlySky stuff on all my cars, that way they can all be controlled from one radio, instead of carrying multiple radios for them everywhere.

Are you using the stock radio/receiver? Just wondering why the need for a waterproof box, but, i use waterproof FlySky stuff on all my cars, that way they can all be controlled from one radio, instead of carrying multiple radios for them everywhere.
It is a stock radio and I did have issues with water getting in once and messing with the receiver. It's not just the necessity of being waterproof, it's being able to get in and out easily. Motor fan breaks, two minute fix. Servo goes, no hassle. And @Wmorgan, I was going to say that, but I'm Canadian and we are waaaaaaay too conscious of what we say.

It is a stock radio and I did have issues with water getting in once and messing with the receiver. It's not just the necessity of being waterproof, it's being able to get in and out easily. Motor fan breaks, two minute fix. Servo goes, no hassle. And @Wmorgan, I was going to say that, but I'm Canadian and we are waaaaaaay too conscious of what we say.
That's why i either buy already waterproofed receivers, or waterproof them myself, because i have had some really odd things happen when a receiver gets wet. My favorite was a Redcat that got wet, and then developed a mind of it own and chased a cat across our yard until the car hit a bush. With mine, whether they come already waterproof, or i do it myself, i never put them in a box, i just mount them to the chassis wherever they fit, but, that's just me.

For me it's cleaning and maintenance. When I had had one or two rigs I didn't mind and actually looked forward to it. Now It's extremely time consuming managing my fleet. I would like to get my fleet down to 4, but I really don't like selling my cars. Haha

For me it's cleaning and maintenance. When I had had one or two rigs I didn't mind and actually looked forward to it. Now It's extremely time consuming managing my fleet. I would like to get my fleet down to 4, but I really don't like selling my cars. Haha
How many do you have? I have narrowed my collection down to 6, and even if i only run 2 in a day, it gets tedious cleaning them. If i had to do all of them in a row, i would probably just drop them all in my kids pool.

How many do you have? I have narrowed my collection down to 6, and even if i only run 2 in a day, it gets tedious cleaning them. If i had to do all of them in a row, i would probably just drop them all in my kids pool.
Yeah, I have 8 and it's very rare if I run 3 in a weekend. I have a couple I haven't run in a while... haven't run my bb revo in a year or so.

Some weekends, when my nephews are around, they will all get ran, but, the rule is, they ran it, they clean it. I get annoyed sometimes with how long it takes to clean my Fury and my Granite, but i am also very picky about those two.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back