New Aftermarket Brand -> Upgrade RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF UPGRADE RC, we want big boy wheels/tires!
I think the bigger scale tires are on the way. I believe they started with these tires for their initial roll out.

They feel really good. The foams are soft enough to grip without being too soft, and the rubber compound is very soft and grippy.

To be honest, I didn't expect them to be this good. Nowhere near it. But the real test is when I take this rig out this weekend. If they hold up, and perform as good as I think they will, they will be the tire to get for 1/10 bashing. I'm thinking about a 2nd set for the Lasernut.

I can't wait to see what they come out with for large scale rigs.
I'm thinking of getting the Dirt Claws for my BRCC. I think they'd look & perform amazing. I'm not a fan of the Ragnaroks, at all.

I think the bigger scale tires are on the way. I believe they started with these tires for their initial roll out.

I'm thinking of getting the Dirt Claws for my BRCC. I think they'd look & perform amazing. I'm not a fan of the Ragnaroks, at all.
Yeah, those dirt claws look pretty mean too. I'm actually thinking about snagging a 3s Arrma rig. Might just order a set of those at the same time.

I just realized what these tires remind me of... 80's kids will definitely remember this. 🤣
20240410_155822.jpg
i08anhfu1g781.jpg

Ok peeps, if you were on the fence about buying a set of these, just do it. 100%. I reached a point where I was trying to make them fail, or show signs of weakness. Nothing. Traction for weeks! Just inspected beads on all 4, and they're 100% solid. I even purposely diffed out, to see if one would blow. Nothing. I've had to re-glue the stock tires on this rig literally every time I've run it since I installed the Hobbywing system. I want 1/8 and 1/5 versions of these tires STAT!!

Ok peeps, if you were on the fence about buying a set of these, just do it. 100%. I reached a point where I was trying to make them fail, or show signs of weakness. Nothing. Traction for weeks! Just inspected beads on all 4, and they're 100% solid. I even purposely diffed out, to see if one would blow. Nothing. I've had to re-glue the stock tires on this rig literally every time I've run it since I installed the Hobbywing system. I want 1/8 and 1/5 versions of these tires STAT!!
I was waiting for your review lol. That's pretty impressive, glad to hear they can actually live up to the hype & abuse. Proline should be on alert after these came out.

Amain had been teasing a new release for today and it looks like it's the rollout of a new RC accessory company named Upgrade RC. So far they only have tires, but I suspect there'll be a variety of new parts on the way soon. I must admit, they're tires do look pretty solid! I really like the Sawblade & Dirt Claw tires.
View attachment 359628View attachment 359629
Them tires look pretty beefy.price is nice also😁👍

So, I bought the Rip Saw's for my Senton3s and the hubs are either too big (stock) or the hex is set too deep into the tire. Is there a 17mm hex extension? Similar to those lifted 2WD Found on road dead trucks. Sorry, no offense, just a good comparison:oops:;),

Last edited:
So, I bought the Rip Saw's for my Senton3s and the hubs are either too big (stock) or the hex is set too deep into the tire. Is there a 17mm hex extension? Similar to those lifted 2WD Found on road dead trucks. Sorry, no offense, just a good comparison:oops:;),
What's the fitment issue? Not enough axle for the wheelnut, or is the wheel binding against the hub after tightening?
I installed a set of Traxxas Gravix 2.8 onto my Tekno sct410.3, seemed fine, until I tightened the wheelnuts. The hex in the wheels was too deep. The wheels rubbed the hubs.. I put shims over the axles outside the drive hexes, perfect now.

My only concern is if soft/grippy will also mean massive ballooning. Im waiting for the 3.8 releases, but the 2.8 should give a good idea on what to expect.
The ballooning wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. They did balloon, but it wasn't too bad. Made for good air control, which this truck desperately needed.

The ballooning wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. They did balloon, but it wasn't too bad. Made for good air control, which this truck desperately needed.

Good to hear. I don't mind some ballooning, just don't want the full blown pizza cutter expansion, lol.

What's the fitment issue? Not enough axle for the wheelnut, or is the wheel binding against the hub after tightening?
I installed a set of Traxxas Gravix 2.8 onto my Tekno sct410.3, seemed fine, until I tightened the wheelnuts. The hex in the wheels was too deep. The wheels rubbed the hubs.. I put shims over the axles outside the drive hexes, perfect now.
Here is the issue, the tires from Amainhobbies.com are 10 or 11cm smaller and therefore rub on the hubs. Sorry the first two pictures are 🙃.

You can see the lack of spacing between the new RC Upgrade tires and my tires I had previously on the Typhon 6s.

I contacted Amain and they said their developers are working on creating a 17mm hub extension just as the kit comes with the 12mm Narrow, 12 mm, and 14mm conversion hex in the pack.

In the meantime I have ordered 17mm hex Hot Racing extensions already from ebay that should fix this issue.

20240424_112726.jpg

20240424_112746.jpg

20240424_112837.jpg

20240424_112858.jpg

20240424_112909.jpg

20240424_112927.jpg

20240424_112938.jpg

SmartSelect_20240424_213720_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20240424_213732_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20240424_213746_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20240424_213752_eBay.jpg

Here is the issue, the tires from Amainhobbies.com are 10 or 11cm smaller and therefore rub on the hubs. Sorry the first two pictures are 🙃.

You can see the lack of spacing between the new RC Upgrade tires and my tires I had previously on the Typhon 6s.

I contacted Amain and they said their developers are working on creating a 17mm hub extension just as the kit comes with the 12mm Narrow, 12 mm, and 14mm conversion hex in the pack.

In the meantime I have ordered 17mm hex Hot Racing extensions already from ebay that should fix this issue.

View attachment 362996

View attachment 362997

View attachment 362998

View attachment 362999

View attachment 363000

View attachment 363001

View attachment 363002

View attachment 363003

View attachment 363004

View attachment 363005

View attachment 363006
Oh, I see. I didn't realize you were trying to install them on a 6s Arrma. Yeah, I think 3.2" is the smallest that'll clear the Arrma 6s hubs. Obviously you have already figured out the workaround with the hub extensions, not a fan myself as it really changes the vehicle's handling characteristics quite a bit, but is the only feasible way to make use of the 2.8's on an Arrma 6s that I know of. Same would apply to proline 2.8 wheels as well. I don't imagine the URC wheel adapters are compatible with Proline though? Proline makes offset adapters, but the plastic positive offset adapters are known to break under 6s power.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize you were trying to install them on a 6s Arrma. Yeah, I think 3.2" is the smallest that'll clear the Arrma 6s hubs. Obviously you have already figured out the workaround with the hub extensions, not a fan myself as it really changes the vehicle's handling characteristics quite a bit, but is the only feasible way to make use of the 2.8's on an Arrma 6s that I know of. Same would apply to proline 2.8 wheels as well. I don't imagine the URC wheel adapters are compatible with Proline though? Proline makes offset adapters, but the plastic positive offset adapters are known to break under 6s power.
I'm going to try this out and see if I like it or not, then go from there.

Update- hub extensions came in, and the stance on this looks like a beast. The end caps that come with the extensions? Toss them, they bottom out and the tires don't fasten tight, and will damage your rig even more.

20240426_184642.jpg

Last edited:
Back