Mojave Wow stressed out ! Install a few new parts in the Mojave & it was extremely difficult putting together the steering rack assembly without it binding!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojave@arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Infraction 4x4
D923BA8B-55B9-47E0-A848-8DE989131E5C.jpeg
07DE4E5F-381E-4B3A-A971-46150A4E4B1F.png
2FCB1009-F21E-48C3-9446-102A9CAFAB88.png
DF28D04B-0097-45EB-8D1D-D7441E788394.jpeg
Ok so let’s just say that this was a difficult project I really like my Mojave but sometimes when I wrench on this thing I am like why the heck did they make it like this !! The steering rack was so difficult to get just right and smooth with thescrews tightened so I ended up just backing them off a bit and shimming things here and there & finally got it to work !
Yes I know I used a cheaper servo my first time ever buying a budget servo but I have to say it works excellent for the price 👍🏻 Hope everyone is having fun and gets just as stressed out and cursing up a storm like I did installing some of these parts. I know M2C makes a great chassis and everyone is going to say use get that first but I don’t really jump it I more or less run it on grass dirt roads.

70F9B762-6BD7-4362-BC5B-D8D5AFDA2226.png

e why the heck did they make it like this !! The steering rack was so difficult to get just right and smooth with thescrews tightened so I ended up just backing them off a bit and shimming things here and there & finally got it to work !
You bought aftermarket parts from several companies, that is why it does not fit nice. When you go aftermarket, you get to deal with the old "Beat to fit, paint to match" spec.

If it is binding, do a dry fit to figure out if it is too tight or loose. Then you can shim or file as needed to make it fit without leaving the screws loose.

View attachment 231414View attachment 231415View attachment 231416View attachment 231419Ok so let’s just say that this was a difficult project I really like my Mojave but sometimes when I wrench on this thing I am like why the heck did they make it like this !! The steering rack was so difficult to get just right and smooth with thescrews tightened so I ended up just backing them off a bit and shimming things here and there & finally got it to work !
Yes I know I used a cheaper servo my first time ever buying a budget servo but I have to say it works excellent for the price 👍🏻 Hope everyone is having fun and gets just as stressed out and cursing up a storm like I did installing some of these parts. I know M2C makes a great chassis and everyone is going to say use get that first but I don’t really jump it I more or less run it on grass dirt roads.

View attachment 231417
That a beer coozie under your rear body mounts? Just curious

You bought aftermarket parts from several companies, that is why it does not fit nice. When you go aftermarket, you get to deal with the old "Beat to fit, paint to match" spec.

If it is binding, do a dry fit to figure out if it is too tight or loose. Then you can shim or file as needed to make it fit without leaving the screws loose.
+1
Is what it is.

You could have went Vitavon and saved yourself a lot of extra work in exchange for a little extra money (and time waiting for the part to arrive). Vitavon has the best aluminum steering rack out there at the moment IMHO. Flawless operation and extremely smooth. And you can crank it up or down with your thumb to adjust tightness. Well worth the price. I've seen Basherqueen, Hot Racing and few others have the same part but I can't vouch for those cause I haven't used them. After trying the Vitavon once I now have 4 of them and its become a MUST HAVE upgrade for any build I do in the future.

Just a response about getting the m2c frame. Great company, great products, that's not what this is about.

That being said, I have been kind of rough on my Mojave. I won't make any records for the highest jump or the longest jump or the fastest Mojave to ever exist, but it still has the stock frame. Not even EXB, which isn't much better than rtr.

Unless you just absolutely must get the m2c frame, I wouldn't worry too terrible much about it. Especially when you say you're driving style is just tearing around on grass.

Enjoy the rig, it's a lotta fun!

PS My rtr v2 is pretty much all stock.....just replace what breaks as it breaks with tried and true stuff

didn't feel the need to get aftermarket stuff for the most part......but then we do what we want with our rigs ... I won't blame you for that, but it looks like you are discovering what others have already discovered with the comments that have already been posted

My dad passed away and the name of his boat was fat cat so at his life party we gave those out as gifts.
You could have went Vitavon and saved yourself a lot of extra work in exchange for a little extra money (and time waiting for the part to arrive). Vitavon has the best aluminum steering rack out there at the moment IMHO. Flawless operation and extremely smooth. And you can crank it up or down with your thumb to adjust tightness. Well worth the price. I've seen Basherqueen, Hot Racing and few others have the same part but I can't vouch for those cause I haven't used them. After trying the Vitavon once I now have 4 of them and its become a MUST HAVE upgrade for any build I do in the future.
I have all vitavon on my xmaxx ! So I don’t disagree
It’s the front mount and it’s from when my father passed away and we had a life party ( my dads boat was called the fat cat) those were the gifts we gave out glad it’s funny to you but it means something to me !!

Last edited:
My dad passed away and the name of his boat was fat cat so at his life party we gave those out as gifts.

It’s the front mount and it’s from when my father passed away and we had a life party ( my dads boat was called the fat cat) those were the gifts we gave out glad it’s funny to you but it means something to me !!
Not making fun, honestly ✌ I just like all of the different solutions to the same problem

Any chance that was the Fat Cat out of Freeport Tx? I used to love reading their tuna fishing reports over on TTMB. (although I think that one was Phat Cat)

Either way, Condolences for your loss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back