Xlx2 fan replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Anyone know of a good replacement fan for stock xlx2 fan
D457D5D7-FD35-4EC2-98DF-913449FEAC35.png

Last edited:
I like the rocket fans, I have like 5 but use them on the motors, need to get some for my esc's!! 💯 I do have a firma esc i purchased from a member with a yeah racing one in it.. it's pretty stout for 10 bucks and quite a stepup from the stocker.. though I do not know how well the CC stock ones are?

IMG_20230407_164747429_HDR.jpg

that 50mm alu fan is your best bet tbh. I'd also plug it into the rx instead so it can use the full 8.4v

that 50mm alu fan is your best bet tbh. I'd also plug it into the rx instead so it can use the full 8.4v
I know Castle fans don’t turn on until a certain temp is reached, but I always assumed they ran at the set BEC voltage once turning on.

That’s not the case?
Personally, I'd pick up one of these. It's 50x50x28mm so it moves a lot more air. I have one on one of my XLX2s and it works a treat.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...s-mamba-xlx-2-xlx2-esc-high-speed-cooling-fan
View attachment 291152
Do you use a separate 3S lipo to power it?

I know Castle fans don’t turn on until a certain temp is reached, but I always assumed they ran at the set BEC voltage once turning on.

That’s not the case?

I thought the same but iirc I came across a post on this forum a while ago by a castle employee that basically said the opposite.

That’s not the case?

No, I just plug it in like the stock servo. It comes with the same connector. I'm fine with the fan only turning on when needed. I've never tested to see if the fan runs at different speeds if you change the BEC voltage or if it has its own dedicated rail.

XlX2 fan is on separate pins, turns on when a certain temp is reached.
Naturally, you could re-wire and hook it up to BEC, and it would run right away. Keep in mind that is BEC voltage and a 12V fan would behave worse than stock.

That’s not the case?

Ya i was just planning on using the cable the existing fan is wired to i was under the understanding turning up the bec outputs that amount of power to everything connected to it 8.4v will be sent to everything connected to the esc

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-new-castle-xlx2-fan-is-a-complete-joke.30407/page-2
For the XLX2, we actually have a 12v regulator in the ESC to power the fan rather than using BEC voltage like the majority of our other ESCs. It is a 50mm 12v fan. It very rarely has to turn on if at all because the ESC runs so cool. It turns on when you power up the ESC to confirm it is working and then shuts down. It turns on once the ESC hits 60c, but that is very difficult to hit.

Does this mean it's better to use the fan port? so confused :ROFLMAO:

Ya im just gona wire the new fan to plug eight up to were the existing one plugs in

So if im understanding the power supply to the fan is 12v? And i should plug in the fan i bought rated for 8.4 obv
Same rocket fan as in the first post in this thread

Ya i thought something was up when i looked up the stock fan it said it was a 12v fan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back