Grom Yay my bday gift to myself arrived!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size are the groms tires? I cannot find the specs on them.
These trenchers are 92mm i believe. 1/16 but I'd be putting my money on them fitting well? Maybe?

View attachment 329693

If the Grom is similar to the Ecx Ruckus in dimensions the Trenchers will fit only if you limit the steering.

They hit at full lock and when the front socks are fully compressed. As do Merv wheels and tires.

1698964953360.jpeg

They also look out of proportion from the rest of the truck.

1698965008962.jpeg

1698964997245.jpeg

This is what the Arrma Gigasite says but that cannot be right. The Granite 4x4 has 4.92" tires on it.

TIRE DIAMETER
125mm / 4.92"

This sounds right though.
WHEEL BEAD DIAMETER
47mm / 1.85"

Last edited:
You will have a hard time trying to find 1/18 scale tires that have foams, it's like no one believes in using them in that scale.

And yes the VXL3-M will fit, pretty sure most of the motors I suggested are bigger.

Isn’t the vxl3m motor a 2850? That should be plenty big enough at 4000kv for this little truck.

Isn’t the vxl3m motor a 2850? That should be plenty big enough at 4000kv for this little truck.
I don't remember it's been 7 years since I last saw one.

-edit- I had to Goggle it. I remember it being smaller 🤷‍♂️
  • Length: 48.15mm (1.9")
  • Diameter: 28mm (1.1")

I don't remember it's been 7 years since I last saw one.

-edit- I had to Goggle it. I remember it being smaller 🤷‍♂️
  • Length: 48.15mm (1.9")
  • Diameter: 28mm (1.1")
I was close lol I may try and see how the vxl3m motor fits after vacation.

If the Grom is similar to the Ecx Ruckus in dimensions the Trenchers will fit only if you limit the steering.

They hit at full lock and when the front socks are fully compressed. As do Merv wheels and tires.

View attachment 329775

They also look out of proportion from the rest of the truck.

View attachment 329777

View attachment 329776

This is what the Arrma Gigasite says but that cannot be right. The Granite 4x4 has 4.92" tires on it.

TIRE DIAMETER
125mm / 4.92"

This sounds right though.
WHEEL BEAD DIAMETER
47mm / 1.85"

I just saw the edit with pics. Your right those look far to big on that truck. 🤔

For tires, if arrma doesn’t offer stock tires with foam, the 1/16 Erevo talons are only slightly bigger, and I bet they’d be pretty decent.

Ran it stock around the living room. Has
A LOT of power for a 380 brushed motor. Stock setup would prolly impress a lot of people, me included. But that doesn’t stop us from wanting more speed 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_0167.jpeg

Only problem is the flange nut fits, but your standard hex tool won’t fit into the hole for the hex nut and can’t tighten the nut down. Would have to use a regular hex nut.

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

Last edited:
For tires, if arrma doesn’t offer stock tires with foam, the 1/16 Erevo talons are only slightly bigger, and I bet they’d be pretty decent.

View attachment 330050
Yeah Talons are smaller than the Trenchers. Another good option would be JConcepts Goosebumps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back