You know you're old if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one of these as a kid
322937423_405934945047632_2480309854281533381_n.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230102-171549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230102-171549_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Yep, lotsa skinned up knees & elbows from that sucker 😆🤕
Or one of these puke inducers🤢🤮🥴
The wife’s grandson has a sit & spin…still made of plastic just like the old ones 😂
Haven’t seen a modernized version of the ride on scooter thing, but I’m sure it’s been crapafied & made “safer” a.k.a no fun!!

These were just a little after my time, my sister got a big wheel though.
Yea, I think I was getting a bit big for them.. but damn was that thing fun!

These were just a little after my time, my sister got a big wheel though.
I think us kids went thru about 3 big wheels cuz the front tires would always get a big flat spot then split apart from slamming on the brakes😁

I think us kids went thru about 3 big wheels cuz the front tires would always get a big flat spot then split apart from slamming on the brakes😁
Lol. Same here! Why don't one of you figure out how to install a castle system on that green machine and "send it".. lol.

Good times!! Got plenty of scars on the tops of my feet from getting them stuck between back wheels & pavement on those things 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Also had something like this. If you got too "rambunctious" one of those springs could fly off & do some serious damage!!😬🤕😅

Screenshot_20230102-213200_eBay.jpg

Good times!! Got plenty of scars on the tops of my feet from getting them stuck between back wheels & pavement on those things 🤘🏻🤘🏻
Or doin a wheelie & throwing my little sister off the back🤣

I remember being about 4 or so and riding my big wheel down the hill in our yard and slam into the side of the neighbors house. 😈
I bet they loved me.. 😂

Also had something like this. If you got too "rambunctious" one of those springs could fly off & do some serious damage!!😬🤕😅

View attachment 266978

Or doin a wheelie & throwing my little sister off the back🤣

Those springs pinched like a mother if you weren't careful.

I remember being about 4 or so and riding my big wheel down the hill in our yard and slam into the side of the neighbors house. 😈
I bet they loved me.. 😂
I guess I started my "what did you break today" tendencies on my 1st big wheel. 3 years old, had a long 1/4 mile driveway on the farm that I went flying down, feet up off the pedals for maximum speed.😆 Ended up going into the ditch, into a wooden fence post & knocking out my right side eye tooth. I was missing that tooth until my adult tooth grew in when I was 10. In EVERY school picture until then I was missing that tooth!

I guess I started my "what did you break today" tendencies on my 1st big wheel. 3 years old, had a long 1/4 mile driveway on the farm that I went flying down, feet up off the pedals for maximum speed.😆 Ended up going into the ditch, into a wooden fence post & knocking out my right side eye tooth. I was missing that tooth until my adult tooth grew in when I was 10. In EVERY school picture until then I was missing that tooth!
And now your an icon! Lol. Hey, don't you have gutters to install in the AM? Your going to be falling off the ladder and knocking out adult teeth now!

I learned to skateboard on something like this. My friend and I dug it out of his basement and had a good time for what it was. It was probably his much older brother's. Note the metal wheels, the single action trucks and it was about 2 roller skates long. But I'm sure it was safe.
1672726306688.png

It was the 1970's and skateboarding was relatively new. Luckily we upgraded to urethane wheels and double action trucks very soon after that. Yes it cost a ton of money back in the day, but it was cheaper than the dental work and broken bones from the old school board.
I wanted one of these, but ended up with a Big Wheel . Then the Big Wheel fell off riding down the hill. You had to pound the forks into the handle bars and I guess my dad didn't give it the juice on the first go round.

I learned to skateboard on something like this. My friend and I dug it out of his basement and had a good time for what it was. It was probably his much older brother's. Note the metal wheels, the single action trucks and it was about 2 roller skates long. But I'm sure it was safe.
View attachment 266992
It was the 1970's and skateboarding was relatively new. Luckily we upgraded to urethane wheels and double action trucks very soon after that. Yes it cost a ton of money back in the day, but it was cheaper than the dental work and broken bones from the old school board.

I wanted one of these, but ended up with a Big Wheel . Then the Big Wheel fell off riding down the hill. You had to pound the forks into the handle bars and I guess my dad didn't give it the juice on the first go round.

My first skateboard was in the early 70's, the classic Banana Board.

16dddfc3efdded185ff3dc9252c804be.jpg

Back