1/7 Traxxas slash???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People always praise the clipless system and tbh I thought it was amazing on the xrt at first too but then we had to start retrieving the body after every other jump and it got so gawd damn frustrating. Now have to wrap duct tape around the body if I want it to actually stay on. Luckily the xmaxx I bought used from here and it already had these tube strap thingies to keep the body on. I actually already saw a video where this max slash body was coming off already.

I will be so happy for the day someone figures out a clipless system that actually doesn't allow the body to pop off because the old school pins are ebola af.
Yeah, saw the Slash body come off a few times too. Not sure if it was Do RC or someone else. The straps do seem to work on the Xmaxx.. I gave my bro a large velcro strap for his Xmaxx, goes around the body and chassis. He has the "luggage rack" roof slider thingy on his X. The velcro goes under the rack,over the top of the body.
I installed nylon round stock to the cage of my Xmaxx, under the body. Helps prevent the cage from flexing. Works well, but a hard tumble will pop the body still. I don't have luggage racks on my Xmaxx. Too "Clark W Griswold" looking IMO. :LOL:

I agree with you to an extent but it really depends on the youtuber. Great durability for a normal person is one thing and I have to assume that's what they're talking about. Some of these people really send their rigs to the moon though and stock is obviously not going to keep up with that.
Agreed. I don't do much for jumping, but I like to see what they're capable of, especially at someone else's expense! Send it Brougham!! :cool::D:LOL:

Yeah, saw the Slash body come off a few times too. Not sure if it was Do RC or someone else. The straps do seem to work on the Xmaxx.. I gave my bro a large velcro strap for his Xmaxx, goes around the body and chassis. He has the "luggage rack" roof slider thingy on his X. The velcro goes under the rack,over the top of the body.
I installed nylon round stock to the cage of my Xmaxx, under the body. Helps prevent the cage from flexing. Works well, but a hard tumble will pop the body still. I don't have luggage racks on my Xmaxx. Too "Clark W Griswold" looking IMO. :LOL:

Agreed. I don't do much for jumping, but I like to see what they're capable of, especially at someone else's expense! Send it Brougham!! :cool::D:LOL:
haha last time we took the xrt's out I actually started off with a velcro strap around the body but it got yeeted off in the first 2 or 3 jumps. Had to grab the duct tape after that. Putting tape on there definitely defeats the whole purpose though.

haha last time we took the xrt's out I actually started off with a velcro strap around the body but it got yeeted off in the first 2 or 3 jumps. Had to grab the duct tape after that. Putting tape on there definitely defeats the whole purpose though.
Between the raised center chassis and the roof skid on the Xmaxx, it wirks quite well. But with the lower center chassis underside of the XRT probably not so much..

People always praise the clipless system and tbh I thought it was amazing on the xrt at first too but then we had to start retrieving the body after every other jump and it got so gawd damn frustrating. Now have to wrap duct tape around the body if I want it to actually stay on. Luckily the xmaxx I bought used from here and it already had these tube strap thingies to keep the body on. I actually already saw a video where this max slash body was coming off already.

I will be so happy for the day someone figures out a clipless system that actually doesn't allow the body to pop off because the old school pins are ebola af.

I think the clipless design is the way to go it just hasn't been perfected yet, hell Traxxas has redesigned theirs what 4 or 5 times now?

It’s only 4 hair pin clips guys (2 for Big Rock owners)

Grab a Max 6 g2 to even it out with Bluetooth.

If I manufactured touchless(phone app) latches would you buy them at a premium? 😂

I think the clipless design is the way to go it just hasn't been perfected yet, hell Traxxas has redesigned theirs what 4 or 5 times now?
I agree, I fell in love with the XRT system for the first few months before it went down hill. Even arrma hybrid attempt is a welcome change to using 4 clips. Some of my 1/5th on road rigs use freaking 8 clips!! :ROFLMAO:

The clips only bother me when I can't feel me finger tips..🥶😬🤬
I use the ones with tabs 👍🏼

IMG_1691.jpeg

The clips only bother me when I can't feel me finger tips..🥶😬🤬
There have a been a few occasions where I swear I was gonna pierce my thumbs on those damn things.

There have a been a few occasions where I swear I was gonna pierce my thumbs on those damn things.
Oh yeah, me too. I never thought of opening them up a bit to ease the efforts required to install and remove the Arrma pins till someone here shared the idea. Ahh, much better.🤗

Last edited:
Finally a semi-comparison of the Mojo 6S & Maxx Slash. I'm neutral like Switzerland, I support all brands that put out a good product. But the Mojo does seem like more truck for the money. Seems to handle a lot better too. In the clips that Jaytee included of the Maxx Slash running, it looks like a wet heavy dog struggling to carry it's weight around.

Finally a semi-comparison of the Mojo 6S & Maxx Slash. I'm neutral like Switzerland, I support all brands that put out a good product. But the Mojo does seem like more truck for the money. Seems to handle a lot better too. In the clips that Jaytee included of the Maxx Slash running, it looks like a wet heavy dog struggling to carry it's weight around.
Me too, if I like it, I buy it. I admit to being more critical at times of the most popular brand on the market, goes with the territory I believe.
Each have their models that excel. The Maxx family trucks are pretty stout I think, though the Maxx Slash may be one I won't be buying. I think both Mojave's represent better value and performance. No doubt TRX will sell a boatload of these though.

I was at my local hobby shop yesterday and hes been selling some to people a little ahead of time but he said every truck that has been sold has already broken the servo ears and broken the driveshafts including his demo car that had 5 runs on it. He had fixed it already and offered to let me give it a rip in the parking lot so we go outside he sets it down and hits the throttle and nothing. Took the body off and hes like well, esc is bricked after 5 runs add that to the list of problems. He only sells traxxas cars so he obviously loves them and he said this is going to be a big issue since traxxas apparently has shipped like 50,000 of them out already

I was at my local hobby shop yesterday and hes been selling some to people a little ahead of time but he said every truck that has been sold has already broken the servo ears and broken the driveshafts including his demo car that had 5 runs on it. He had fixed it already and offered to let me give it a rip in the parking lot so we go outside he sets it down and hits the throttle and nothing. Took the body off and hes like well, esc is bricked after 5 runs add that to the list of problems. He only sells traxxas cars so he obviously loves them and he said this is going to be a big issue since traxxas apparently has shipped like 50,000 of them out already
Huh, first I've heard of any of these issues. Hard to beleive none of the YT folks have had these issues. Unless they got hand picked samples. IDK, not saying you're/he's wrong, just surprised we haven't heard that yet.
Still awaiting @razorrc to tell us what the nasty sound from his Maxx Slash was from..
To elaborate on my suggestion of YT influencers getting hand picked samples, my brothers Sledge had quite a few issues out of the box that I rarely hear much about, and none of those issues ever talked about by the YT influencers. Namely driveshaft pins just falling out, from every drveshaft on the freaking thing.. in TRX defense, the Sledge isn't alone, my Kaiju had same problems, and my brothers O8S exb roller as well.. all within the first few packs in each rc..

Last edited:
Huh, first I've heard of any of these issues. Hard to beleive none of the YT folks have had these issues. Unless they got hand picked samples. IDK, not saying you're/he's wrong, just surprised we haven't heard that yet.
Still awaiting @razorrc to tell us what the nasty sound from his Maxx Slash was from..
To elaborate on my suggestion of YT influencers getting hand picked samples, my brothers Sledge had quite a few issues out of the box that I rarely hear much about, and none of those issues ever talked about by the YT influencers. Namely driveshaft pins just falling out, from every drveshaft on the freaking thing.. in TRX defense, the Sledge isn't alone, my Kaiju had same problems, and my brothers O8S exb roller as well.. all within the first few packs in each rc..
I think that's just how the gear mesh sounds on those trucks. I remember Jaytee thinking his was broken when he first ran it b/c of that gear mesh sound. Thing sounds pretty bad.

@KnowAir Yeah I haven't watched any videos or anything yet but I am cautious about people who get things early on YT, why hate on something if you are getting it and future things for free. He did say that although the ears on the servo were broken he hadn't even noticed until he heard back from other people about it because he said it was operating fine but it was broken. He said one guys the servo case actually split.

I also have absolutely no knowledge of traxxas stuff beyond my week old fiesta vxl, but he also told me the esc used in the maxx slash is their old 6s esc not the updated one that is more reliable.

I would never be in the market for either a Mojave or Maxx Slash, but the Maxx Slash sounded like a 'Jalopy' as @razorrc was putting it through its paces, and it also looked a little anemic running on the 4s.
For the record, I had only ever owned Traxxas Revo(s) prior to buying an Arrma 6mos ago, so no bias here.

I think that's just how the gear mesh sounds on those trucks. I remember Jaytee thinking his was broken when he first ran it b/c of that gear mesh sound. Thing sounds pretty bad.
I noticed everyone's Maxx Slash was noisey, JT's sounded like the gears were out of round, common theme from pot metal gears, no surprises there. But Razor's Slash sounded okay until the one minute mark, then got noticeably louder, he even said something about it not sounding good after the pitch changed..🤷‍♂️

I've seen a few posts of people having their pins just fall out of their new Arrma vehicles but that was a few years ago.

Back