Outcast 10s ON 1100KV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I’m just wondering if anyone has tried 10 or 12s on the Max5 G2 1100kv system? Lots of folks are running 12s on the 800kv. I’ve ran 8s on 6s rated motors and 6s on 4s rated motors but I’m a little reluctant to try it on this scale.

Nope! I know people who have blown their max 4/5 trying to run 12s on 1100kv and similar. Maybe you could get away with 10s? I'd be scared to try.

I’m just wondering if anyone has tried 10 or 12s on the Max5 G2 1100kv system? Lots of folks are running 12s on the 800kv. I’ve ran 8s on 6s rated motors and 6s on 4s rated motors but I’m a little reluctant to try it on this scale.
If memory serves, I believe the 1100KV & 800KV 2028s are rated for 10S and 12S max, respectively.

Hobbywing will tell you not to do it. Even if motor supports it the esc doesn't. They have a warning listing kv limit for the esc and it will blow If you do it with any type of bashing load imo.

Prime example, this happened multiple times too. This was 12s tho.

Hobbywing will tell you not to do it. Even if motor supports it the esc doesn't. They have a warning listing kv limit for the esc and it will blow If you do it with any type of bashing load imo.

Prime example, this happened multiple times too. This was 12s tho.
It seems like the majority that go up in flames are on 12S. I think 10S could be worth a try or, if you really can't afford to lose the ESC, maybe consider getting a Flier. Those aren't terribly expensive and they can handle a lot of cells (I haven't used them personally, but I haven't seen people have a whole lot of fires with those...at least not in the videos I've watched).

It seems like the majority that go up in flames are on 12S. I think 10S could be worth a try or, if you really can't afford to lose the ESC, maybe consider getting a Flier. Those aren't terribly expensive and they can handle a lot of cells (I haven't used them personally, but I haven't seen people have a whole lot of fires with those...at least not in the videos I've watched).
I think you may be right and funny thing about the fliers, I heard talk about them going up in flames in the past but I've never actually seen it happen :unsure:

I think you may be right and funny thing about the fliers, I heard talk about them going up in flames in the past but I've never actually seen it happen :unsure:
That is rather interesting, I'm pretty sure I've never seen one go up but I can't entirely rule out that I may have seen an ESC go up in some somewhere that was a Flier and didn't know cuz it wasn't advertised. But that doesn't count just like the tree in the woods that happens to fall over in an area that was irradiated so hard that all life was wiped out, down to a microbial level and, as a result, made no sound.

I've had a flier 16s 400A. It didnt go up in flames either but just suddenly quit on me very unspectacular. I think the reason they don't go up in smoke is their very limited amp burst. Mine did only 500A, whiles a max4 allows 2000A burst

That is rather interesting, I'm pretty sure I've never seen one go up but I can't entirely rule out that I may have seen an ESC go up in some somewhere that was a Flier and didn't know cuz it wasn't advertised. But that doesn't count just like the tree in the woods that happens to fall over in an area that was irradiated so hard that all life was wiped out, down to a microbial level and, as a result, made no sound.
What is a Flier?

Flier manufactures (among other things) ESCs. Notable for their ability to handle high voltages (depending on the ESC you typically have max cell count between 12S-22S and yes, that's 90V of DC power running 22S).
1716942097345.png

Flier manufactures (among other things) ESCs. Notable for their ability to handle high voltages (depending on the ESC you typically have max cell count between 12S-22S and yes, that's 90V of DC power running 22S).
View attachment 369232
Flier manufactures (among other things) ESCs. Notable for their ability to handle high voltages (depending on the ESC you typically have max cell count between 12S-22S and yes, that's 90V of DC power running 22S
View attachment 369232
Damn I’d like to have one of those if I could find a motor to handle it.

Damn I’d like to have one of those if I could find a motor to handle it.
That shouldn't pose much of a problem. TP 5690/5870 goes as low as 290KV that can handle up to 137V
1717012330194.png

If that still isn't enough, try a TP100 on for size that go as low as 150KV able to handle 166V.
1717012471064.png

Or, if you're one of those people that listens to the rational part of your brain, ease your way into it and go with a TP5680 6D wind, 970KV@53V max (that's 12S) for $250 and work your way up (or down if you're looking at KV) from there.
https://tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_184_71_145&product_id=553
1717012759682.png

It's all there for the taking.

Back