3D Printable 4x4 Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the stringing was pretty bad but otherwise these are solid AF!

View attachment 74990

Running another set at 12mm retraction per @Camaroboy383 advice. We will see how they turn out. Now I need some flashy colored filaments like @suchtragedy ?✌?

what are your travel speeds? 150? 180?

definetly getting some pressure relief on the z hops and travels... more retraction and faster travels should help ...?

Here's one fresh off the printer just now, only thing I did to it was pull off the supports, haven't touched it up otherwise. Retraction set to 10mm @100mm/s, z hop turned off.
20200415_092604.jpg

Does Cura allow an export of settings? Would be easier for y’all to help me tweak every setting. ?

EDIT: Found it...

[values]
acceleration_enabled = False
adaptive_layer_height_enabled = False
adaptive_layer_height_variation = 0.08
adaptive_layer_height_variation_step = 0.04
adhesion_type = skirt
jerk_enabled = False
layer_height = 0.28
layer_height_0 = 0.12
material_bed_temperature = 60
retraction_combing = off
support_enable = True
support_tree_enable = False
support_type = buildplate

I guess everything else is base Creality settings.

Last edited:
Here's my 95A SainSmart TPU Cura profile so you can import and peek at it or just try it out on something simple to see if it turns out better for you.

Attachments

• Tragedy's SainSmart Profile.zip
    716 bytes · Views: 81
Here's my 95A SainSmart TPU Cura profile so you can import and peek at it or just try it out on something simple to see if it turns out better for you.
Thanks bro! I will give that a rip next print!

Dang! Having issues finding TPU in stock anywhere. Sainsmart is out of everything except samples. Overture is out of stock until Apr 24th. I was hoping to get some red TPU, or at the worst some black.

EDIT: I bought a spool of generic TPU on eBay. Hope it's not complete ??

Last edited:
What infill % are you using? I might try 1
I tired 50% Grid infill on mine. I am running @suchtragedy profile now which is 50% Gyroid.

I gotta say man this profile is testing my patience tho ?? Your settings take 2x longer to print.

1586992373952.png

Yeah my current settings are my good quality settings lol. For large stuff or parts I don't care I use bigger layer height or larger nozzle. I printed one of @Camaroboy383 s wings at 100% infill in like 3 hours last time with a 1mm nozzle lol

For me ITS THE FINAL COUNT DOOOWWWNN
20200415_161714.jpg

Well I print both together, which is 14 hrs with his profile, or 6.5 hrs with mine ?
I just loaded 1 side in Cure and with my settings got 3:16 and 8.25 meters

Damn my stupid grey look poopy AF now ? Is that red translucent? I'm hoping the red spool I just ordered looks decent.
Now make a similar mount for the 6S line!
eFfmdb3.jpg
Can you show me the part that breaks on the 6S wing mount?

1586996707817.png

Last edited:
Damn my stupid grey look poopy AF now ? Is that red translucent? I'm hoping the red spool I just ordered looks decent.
See attached, that's what I used. It looks shimmery/semi translucent on the spool but when it prints it's more shimmery walls and more opaque-ish infill.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415-172644_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415-172644_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 41
@suchtragedy - Well I can say for sure your profile feels the best but still has slight stringing, so I think I will just turn up the retraction a small amount to 12mm and call it good. The part does have a much more polished look and if this was something I was going to give away or sell, yours by far is the nicest. However supports were harder to remove. I might adjust the offset another .12mm.

9F356A2B-1C8A-4101-9086-5EF89C213257.jpeg

Pictured above, left to right: Jon’s 6mm profile, Jon’s 12mm, @suchtragedy 10mm profile

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back