3s LIPO CHARGER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guy's, I would like a battery charger since I have another friend (Granite 3s) joining the fleet soon. I have a converted senton (3s to 6s) so I am going to have about 2-4 3s packs (from HRB). What charger should I get. I would like it to be on "Prime" on (Amazon.ca). I have been trying to find some but they god BAD reviews. I am talking about Lipo's blowing up and hitting their cars in the garage!:(. Oh and I run XT-90's thanks to @jondilly1974 and @K-BASH for making me do it!:ROFLMAO:(y)

I have the htrc 240 duo touch screen and it seems pretty good. I’ve had it for over a year and it charges 2 batteries 2s-6s at a time. I got it on Amazon for under $80. One day I’ll build a charger but this works for me
Pri
I have the htrc 240 duo touch screen and it seems pretty good. I’ve had it for over a year and it charges 2 batteries 2s-6s at a time. I got it on Amazon for under $80. One day I’ll build a charger but this works for mwent up
Looks like the price went up.Lipo Battery Charger Touch Screen Dual Balance Discharger Duo AC150W DC240W 10A T240 1-6S RC Li-ion Life NiCd NiMH LiHV PB Smart Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF1SC63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_U9w3FbWEPEAD1

I have the htrc 240 duo touch screen and it seems pretty good. I’ve had it for over a year and it charges 2 batteries 2s-6s at a time. I got it on Amazon for under $80. One day I’ll build a charger but this works for me
Pri

Looks like the price went up.Lipo Battery Charger Touch Screen Dual Balance Discharger Duo AC150W DC240W 10A T240 1-6S RC Li-ion Life NiCd NiMH LiHV PB Smart Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF1SC63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_U9w3FbWEPEAD1
It drives me absolutly bonkers how chargers come with banana to deans and a deans to xt60. So if you have xt90's say, you will have to use the banana to deans, then deans to xt60 then xt60 to xt90 ? Or make your own or buy cables for banana to xt90. Just supply banana to xt60 from the get go, screw the deans plug.

It drives me absolutly bonkers how chargers come with banana to deans and a deans to xt60. So if you have xt90's say, you will have to use the banana to deans, then deans to xt60 then xt60 to xt90 ? Or make your own or buy cables for banana to xt90. Just supply banana to xt60 from the get go, screw the deans plug.
Same here I go insane!

Wait, why don’t you just cut the ends off and solder XT90 on to the charging lead. That’s what I did. I made one XT-69 and one XT-90 as I have some of each.

I got a great deal on a HiTech RDX Pro at my LHS and have been using that. I need a dual soon though.

Wait, why don’t you just cut the ends off and solder XT90 on to the charging lead. That’s what I did. I made one XT-69 and one XT-90 as I have some of each.

I got a great deal on a HiTech RDX Pro at my LHS and have been using that. I need a dual soon though.
That's what I mean you have to make a cable..... it should just come with banana to xt60 instead of deans to xt60. The charger uses banana so why they supply it with just a deans to banana, and then deans adapters for every other cable is beyond me. Just supply each cable with banana plugs instead of using the deans for everything. It's stupid logic.
And to be quite honest it's even more stupid that they don't just make one standard set of plugs across the board. Just make everything xt (30, 60 etc). All new chargers just come with xt. Then companies can sell separate cables for the retro guys and people who still run deans for whatever dumb reason. Maybe they like plastic tasting marshmallows I don't know. ? ?‍♂️

Last edited:
You can either get new ends and solder them on a set of leads that come with the charger you won’t use or buy them already made on amazon for another few bucks like I did. I bought leads for every type of battery that didn’t come with the charger so I could charge up my other rc’s and all the kids in my sons rc club that bring dead battery’s to club haha

For charger you can use adapters, there is no issue like on the RC itself.
I build my own and don't have that issue.

On Amazon, the only ones I would recommend are the ISDT but they are pricey. They are future proof if you every go up in capacity.
Else i would go with Hobbyking as well. ISDT = HOTA i.e. they are probably the best nowadays, at least they look like the same technology.

For charger you can use adapters, there is no issue like on the RC itself.
I build my own and don't have that issue.

On Amazon, the only ones I would recommend are the ISDT but they are pricey. They are future proof if you every go up in capacity.
Else i would go with Hobbyking as well. ISDT = HOTA i.e. they are probably the best nowadays, at least they look like the same technology.
I have looked aat the ISDT q6 mini (200wat). 39.99CAD with prime. The adapter part is tough and it is DC!

You can either get new ends and solder them on a set of leads that come with the charger you won’t use or buy them already made on amazon for another few bucks like I did. I bought leads for every type of battery that didn’t come with the charger so I could charge up my other rc’s and all the kids in my sons rc club that bring dead battery’s to club haha
I don't think you get my point. I shouldn't need to make a cable or adapter. The charger should come with the proper cable. Like the one @Grimbles posted. Having one cable that goes into the charger then every other cable adapt to that one is just stupid.

@FatCatRC the problem with your comment is simple. What is the 'correct' cable?

There is literally 100 different connections out there, maybe ~ 20-30 frequently used in all kinds of RC. I bet you want 2 ea. as well ;)
The charger comes with the correct connection, that is how it's designed. Almost a guarantee that it's not the right connection for 'us'.

@FatCatRC the problem with your comment is simple. What is the 'correct' cable?

There is literally 100 different connections out there, maybe ~ 20-30 frequently used in all kinds of RC. I bet you want 2 ea. as well ;)
The charger comes with the correct connection, that is how it's designed. Almost a guarantee that it's not the right connection for 'us'.
No it's not, it comes with one cable that actually connects to the charger and all the other cables adapt to that one cable. Why not make each cable come with banana plugs instead of each cable having to adapt to deans. There is no need for it. I realize that there is a 100 different ends for rc, but the charger comes with banana plugs so have each cable it supplies have banana plugs. Like the one grimbles posted, it has all the same ends the other charger has but all the cables have banana plugs to plug into the charger instead of like the other charger that has one cable that all the others plug into.
I'd rather not use three separate cables when I can I could use one.

FWIW i made my own. Bananas on one end and xt150 or ec5 on the other (i run both). I actually used hifi bananas i had lying around. Unlike lots of chargers which come with a banana one end then about 20 cables on the other, the turnigy came with a bunch of banana to battery connector cables as separate cables. Nice touch IMO.

Banana is only good for 10A and these chargers can do more.
you realize the chargers both only take banana right? Only one comes with proper cables, and the other has one cable that all the others plug into. If you like running six cables to charge one battery be my guest or make your own. I'd go for the turnigy charger that has the right cables supplied.

Not sure which one you are looking at, the one that I recommended has XT60 (ISDT).

The Hobbyking etc do have banana's and they do get hot, there are higher rated banana plugs out there but you have to look for them.
I have a similar one myself (Hyperion) and dislike it for that reason, melted a cheapo banana plug myself out of pure ignorance. I should really know better but that is a different story. When I grab what I have laying around poop happens.

Not sure which one you are looking at, the one that I recommended has XT60 (ISDT).

The Hobbyking etc do have banana's and they do get hot, there are higher rated banana plugs out there but you have to look for them.
I have a similar one myself (Hyperion) and dislike it for that reason, melted a cheapo banana plug myself out of pure ignorance. I should really know better but that is a different story. When I grab what I have laying around poop happens.
Just nvm man. The first charger recomended comes with holes for banana plugs only. But only one set cables with banana plugs that go into the charger, the rest have deans ends that plug into the set of cables with banana plugs. So you have to plug two cables in to charge a battery. All the cables supplied should come with banana plugs to go into the charger.

Pri

I run ic5 and ec5 batteries, are these banana plugs the correct to use with the htrc? I've bought it after seeing a lot of positive reviews, but like to keep it simple...

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07C23S3RK...t_i_EY61H5TCB6T9Q8RNQBRY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back