Mojave 4s Mojave stuffed with a 4092 and a MMX8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
I had been running this truck with a max 8 g2 on 4s and it just didn't have the torque I was looking for. So I sold that combo to a member here and threw in this setup! I have only done tests in my front yard but so far I think it's exactly what I was hoping for 💪🏼💪🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼. I cut out a carbon plate that uses the screws on the receiver box to mount the esc on. Makes a very nice mounting plate and fits under the body. Also has a little flex in it so there is some forgiveness on the esc which is good I suppose.

Hobbystar 4092 1730kv
MMX8S
6s 7,000 mah
20t pinion

IMG_9806.jpeg
IMG_9807.jpeg
IMG_9808.jpeg

Looks like a beast. Heads up though I would strongly recommend looking at some CNHL or SMC batteries. I found that with my outcast 6s and infraction 6s, I was lacking a bit of torque on the Zeee. I tried out a 6200mah 6s brick 90C from CNHL Racing series and it felt like a brand new power system. I can't recommend it enough and now I barely touch my Zeee anymore outside of the 3s cars.

You are a brave man!
Just wanna get rowdy you know!?
That thing looks ready for take off ✈️
That's the idea baby! Just need some wings 🪽

Looks Ready to Boogie Woogie!!!

Party Flying GIF by Camburg Racing
That is exactly how I imagine the mojave when I'm ripping it! So fun to see that suspension work
Looks like a beast. Heads up though I would strongly recommend looking at some CNHL or SMC batteries. I found that with my outcast 6s and infraction 6s, I was lacking a bit of torque on the Zeee. I tried out a 6200mah 6s brick 90C from CNHL Racing series and it felt like a brand new power system. I can't recommend it enough and now I barely touch my Zeee anymore outside of the 3s cars.
yeah absolutely they are better I agree. I have cnhls currently and just got my first set of SMC for my dbxle and they are huge but haven't run them yet. These zee that I'm using were for something else and they work perfect for this for now.

How does it drive?
I don't think you're gonna get it to top speed on all 4 without making a front windshield. That helped a lot on my Mojave 6s.
200.gif
I only did a quick rip outside my house, later today I will be taking it out to the field. GPS is with me as well so we will see how it all goes! I never used the GPS on the 4s setup but it did get going pretty fast. I dropped a significant amount in kv, kept the same gearing, but of course went 6s so who knows. I could use a gear calculator but I enjoy the surprise

I had a weak spot in my center shaft that was ground down by a rock and it snapped like 30 seconds into my run which made me only have rear wheel drive which was actually a lot of fun. Ended up doing 47 mph with RWD but that wasn't top speed. I did have a flip over but it was because of a bump that started the front end coming up. I could probably gear down 2-3 teeth and run a little cooler on the motor. The esc didn't break a sweat it was hardly warm. But boy oh boy now she has the grunt that I wanted and the little extra weight I think actually made it nice going over bumps it wasn't as bouncy. Very very happy with this setup. Just need a new shaft lol

I had been running this truck with a max 8 g2 on 4s and it just didn't have the torque I was looking for. So I sold that combo to a member here and threw in this setup! I have only done tests in my front yard but so far I think it's exactly what I was hoping for 💪🏼💪🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼. I cut out a carbon plate that uses the screws on the receiver box to mount the esc on. Makes a very nice mounting plate and fits under the body. Also has a little flex in it so there is some forgiveness on the esc which is good I suppose.

Hobbystar 4092 1730kv
MMX8S
6s 7,000 mah
20t pinion

View attachment 336159View attachment 336160View attachment 336161
I am afraid of that there. :rolleyes: Does she bite?:giggle:
Nicest 4x4 I've seen lately. Nice job. So neatly done. Perfect fit.(y)

Yeah I certainly would if I was setting it up like that. I might either way we will see. 50mph is about all I need for my current spot anyways lol. But a 4s street mojave might be in my future we will see.....
I am afraid of that there. :rolleyes: Does she bite?:giggle:
Nicest 4x4 I've seen lately. Nice job. So neatly done. Perfect fit.(y)
She snapped her center shaft so I would say yes!! A rock helped with that though....

Thank you very much I was quite pleased with the look as well 🙌

This has become one of my favorites rigs ever. Drives so good, suspension is so plush and smooth, the added weight of the 6s system and batteries made it slightly more predictable, it is just fantastic. I ordered a new center shaft but in the meantime it got a duct tape treatment lol. Hopefully holds for a little while anyways.....

Last edited:
I run my TLRT on 4s packs only , geared for an easy 58mph, Plenty fast for me. (22/50) Getting about 10-12 min runtimes (5600Mah CNHL 4s packs)
I think I should drop to a 20T pinion to gather a bit more run time and torque. Bashing doesn't truly need 60-70mph speeds IMHO. But we all do it differently. I would love to try a 5s pack with a 20T pinion. My Zerun ESC can handle 5s. 5S is hard to find. Tend to be higher priced than some 6s packs at times if you find good ones.

I am absolutely blown away by this truck. Everytime I drive it I have more fun. It's an amazing machine and easily easily easily one of my favorites. It hauls ass and is amazingly stable over bumps and what not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back