Talk me out of buying an XRT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't say that! I want one, wait to around May. Just want it to do 50-60 in grass 63 max! What would it take?

The max 6 g2 5690 combo would do pretty good in there and not break the bank. I think it's equivalent to the old max 5 combo. I have the max 5 g2 800kv combo in my 12s xrt.

The max 6 g2 5690 combo would do pretty good in there and not break the bank. I think it's equivalent to the old max 5 combo. I have the max 5 g2 800kv combo in my 12s xrt.
12s. Isn't that a bit overkill? Wait! Look who I'm talking to! 🤣🤣🤣

12s. Isn't that a bit overkill? Wait! Look who I'm talking to! 🤣🤣🤣
Hey I do have an 8s XRT as well!! Tbh I just tossed 12s into the 2nd XRT months after I bought it because I didn't have anything else to do with a 2nd XRT :ROFLMAO:

I think you should invest that $$$ into more woodworking tools instead. 😎

Then you can buy all the Traxxazz garb you want. 🤣

There is a refresh of the Xmaxx and XRT coming very soon. Both will get belted tires, new colors and supposedly a price increase. And no I am not referring to the Ultimate versions.
Hopefully that would mean some bargains will be available on the current models when they make the change. Sounds like an opportunity

are you willing to pay 1000$ and fix the problems and upgrade the electronics along the way? Only you can decide that.

There is a refresh of the Xmaxx and XRT coming very soon. Both will get belted tires, new colors and supposedly a price increase. And no I am not referring to the Ultimate versions.
Belted tires is a downgrade for bashers in general

are you willing to pay 1000$ and fix the problems and upgrade the electronics along the way? Only you can decide that.

Belted tires is a downgrade for bashers in general

The electronics are fine for 80% of people out there. What other problems have you experienced?

Hopefully that would mean some bargains will be available on the current models when they make the change. Sounds like an opportunity

The best chance you’re going to get at a discount is using a 10% off site wide coupon at King Cobra Hobby.

Last edited:
Traxxas is crazy lol. I could see if they actually upgraded something but paying even more is crazy af when anyone who isn't a casual will want to change the electronics. As much as I love the xrt those stock electronics are BAD. Even the stock servo is the worst servo I've ever had to use. As soon as I changed tires the servo wouldn't even move them unless I was under throttle and I'm not even talking about some heavy mx 43's or anything crazy. It would actually be awesome if they came out with a v2 and upgraded the stock electronics like arrma did with the 8s line.

Here's to hoping it's more than just belted tires and something actually useful if there will be a price increase.

Traxxas is crazy lol. I could see if they actually upgraded something but paying even more is crazy af when anyone who isn't a casual will want to change the electronics. As much as I love the xrt those stock electronics are BAD. Even the stock servo is the worst servo I've ever had to use. As soon as I changed tires the servo wouldn't even move them unless I was under throttle and I'm not even talking about some heavy mx 43's or anything crazy. It would actually be awesome if they came out with a v2 and upgraded the stock electronics like arrma did with the 8s line.

Here's to hoping it's more than just belted tires and something actually useful if there will be a price increase.
I was really hoping they would at least change to metal gears on all servos at some point....

I was really hoping they would at least change to metal gears on all servos at some point....
They want you to pay for their slightly less poop servo as an upgrade if you want metal gears. I paid 60$ for a 1/8th scale servo from aliexpress and it's been amazing in my xrt. It's also stupid fast compared to the poop traxxas upgraded servo and they want like 100$+ for that servo. There is no way. Arrma has their own problems but at least they've upgraded the electronics.

They want you to pay for their slightly less poop servo as an upgrade if you want metal gears. I paid 60$ for a 1/8th scale servo from aliexpress and it's been amazing in my xrt. It's also stupid fast compared to the poop traxxas upgraded servo and they want like 100$+ for that servo. There is no way. Arrma has their own problems but at least they've upgraded the electronics.

For a fair comparison, how many of your rigs have stock electronics?

For a fair comparison, how many of your rigs have stock electronics?

2! I was seriously surprised with the new electronics in the kraton 6s exb. The new motor in the v2 exb rtr 8s rigs is basically the old hw 1100kv too so that is also pretty damn nice considering a lot of people upgraded to that anyway. The new servo is leagues better too.

Seriously, I bought a new max 6 g2 and a used tp 4070 from these forums just for the new kraton before I actually gave it a real shot and now they're still sitting in boxes. I couldn't believe it, first time I ever questioned upgrading a rig.

Go go go!
I wouldn't talk you out of it. I think it's pretty bad azz myself. From what I've seen, (I don't own one) they're not particularly good for big air, but seem awesome in every other perspective. Lightweight, good handling. Doesn't need a 5lb can to go fast either..🤷‍♂️

Back