Talk me out of buying an XRT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could hit doubles if I wanted to but I didn't buy a big rig to do triple backflips. I bought big because it's a BEAST that gives me 10x the rush and awe compared to something like a Big Rock. Almost nothing I own is stock and I'm not sure why you are asking that as your big rock is not even stock? I have 2 xrts, one is 12s with max 5 g2 800kv combo and the other is xlx2 TP 5670 1270kv. Both are nasty and tbh my XL is just as nasty or nastier with an mmx8s / TP 4080CM 2022kv. I also have a Fireteam with an mmx8s / leopard 5882 1360kv.

Maybe you love the 1/8th and 1/7th scale stuff and that's awesome, more power to you bro! I loved them too until I got into the bigger stuff and I know the bigger stuff is not for everyone. My 1/5th and 1/6th scale stuff is geared to go just as fast as other people 1/8th bashers or even faster. Take @KnowAir for example, his stuff not geared for more than 60 mph but mine can easily do 75+. If I had a concrete runup to jumps at the bmx spot it would be so much cooler :eek::ROFLMAO:

To be honest I don't think you would be doing triple backflips at my bash spot as easily as you think unless it was with a swb :eek:. It's actually a lot harder than it looks to get decent height at that spot and a large % of the spots you launch at have NASTY rear end kickup that will take away your ability to even do 1 backflip. Seriously, you can full throttle and the rig will not move an inch if you hit one of the really bad spots and I'm talking rigs with upgraded electronics. It has led to soo many nose dives it's not even funny. I only recently started to become good enough to front flip off of those situations because that's literally the only thing you can do. :ROFLMAO:

I completely agree on both points! It's funny because I actually thought the XL was "kind of" similar size at first but then I put them next to each other and felt stupid afterwards. :ROFLMAO:
Correction, my crap won't break 50mph!! LOL 😂
I can definitely get what you're saying though. Arrma did right with the v2 8s, servo and motor are definitely better. I do have the Firma 5687 1100kv installed on my v1 K8S , night and day difference from the 4985 1250kv stock motor. The 5687 gets a bit warm on 26/47 gearing with esc (Firma 160) set at punch 5, which is max setting. Punch level 3 (stock) wasn't very inspirational to me, 5 is much better, but I suspect I'll have to drop the pinion by a few teeth in summer heat.
With the 5687, the Arrma 8s easily out paces the TRX 8s stock setup. I thought the Xmaxx was okay in stock form..until I saw what the K8S does with 5687. Nah, no comparison in power.
My bro has installed a Max6 G2 5690 combo into his Xmaxx. Haven't seen it in action yet though. I think for what my brother and I do with our rigs, the G2 combo is gonna be overkill. The front end will be off the ground constantly I think. We shall see. I had thoughts about throwing the Firma 4985 into my Xmaxx, not sure if it'll really be any stronger than the Vilenion 4985 though? I mean, it's the same sized motor, but requires an aftermarket mount. Not feeling that one I don't think.

@The_Otherside after thinking about it. I seem to recall your Mojave 6s being upgraded with a 4985? If so, then I guess you like your rigs overpowered. The XRT will likely disappoint you out of the box. IDK. But we know that a motor upgrade needs at least a $100 mount, then a stronger motor/esc combo.. I'd bet a v2 Firma 160 combo would really wake the XRT up, but even a takeoff combo will run $200. Food for thought.
For $1k, the v2 Arrma's are easily the best bang for the buck in 8s right now..

67EUlD.jpg

Treal Hobby Side Rails Step Plates Aluminium 7075 Blue
Do they make these for Kraton? Would be a nice addition/upgrade IMO.

Back