Senton Advice on batteries and charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blams2004

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Just bought my very first RC, after much thought and research I though the Senton 3S would be my best choice. Being new to the sport I must admit I am a bit overwhelmed by the choices in batteries and chargers. Any recommendations to get me started. I google searched best battery for Arrma Senton 3S and got Gen Ace. Any thoughts. Also there are so many choices of chargers I'm not really sure where to start on that. Lastly I'm looking for some basic ideas and recommendations for maintenance or spare parts that are a must have on hand. any other thoughts are appreciated as well. Cheers-Bob

You'll get extremely varied answers, rooted in both fact and opinion.

Some well-reviewed brands: SMC, Turnigy Graphene, Dynamite Reaction, gensacearespammers, Lectron, the list goes on.

Stick to EC5 connector, 5000mAh or greater, 50C or greater (you can technically use down to 35C but imho 50C is the happy starting point) 2S or 3S from a reputable dealer in case you have issues.

I use Dynamite Reaction2 3S 5000mAh 50C and Hoovo 3S 5200mAh 80C batteries. The former is premium priced and the latter is value priced. Both work great and I run them hard.

Charger if you're patient and don't mind charging 1 battery at a time: Prophet Sport Mini or B6 clone. Both portable. ~$25.

Charger I use for dual charging: HTRC C240. ~$60.

Have fun.

Hi and welcome on the forum.

Gen ace batteries are good.

About spares, do you have a LHS who provide Arrma spares? The best is to buy when you break. Otherwise, for almost all my cars i always buy some a-arms, C-hub, front and rear hub carrier, CVD. If you plan to use it in sand, dust, some plastic spur gear.

What's your budget for the charger? The first entry level charger for beginner is the SkyRc IMAX B6, but there is better than this one, depend on your budget.

I have a gensacearespammers battery for mine, 5000mAh, 50c, 3s.

I also bought a Zop power (same values) The gensacearespammers gives me good power and lasts a long run time (round 25 mins), the Zop gives me super human speed and dies after 15 mins.

gensacearespammers was a lot more expensive.

Wow! Thanks for the responses, great info. I am from upstate New York. We have one hobby shop in the area and they have Traxxas. The Senton arrived last night so now I am eager to get some batteries and a charger. Only problem is we had our first snowfall of 10 inches so that is going to limit my getting out and bashing.

I ordered two of the gensacearespammers 3s 5500 60c batteries. I’m thinking that the dynamite P2 will gd good so I can charge both at once and balance and have the right connections. Thanks again. I’m sure I’ll be on here a lot once I get going, asking s lot of questions.

I ordered two of the gensacearespammers 3s 5500 60c batteries. I’m thinking that the dynamite P2 will gd good so I can charge both at once and balance and have the right connections. Thanks again. I’m sure I’ll be on here a lot once I get going, asking s lot of questions.
Solid choice ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back