Affordable decent 3D printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewSensei

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
I'm looking to get my first 3d printer so I can prototype parts and things but my ignorance for which printer to get is stalling my progress...the biggest issue is all the best printers I've seen so far are quite expensive. I am trying to find a good budget printer. Any suggestions?

Agreed with above.. ender 3 will be the best for very little money.. the beauty about that platform is it's extremely diverse... if down the road you want a larger build volume, simply buy the extender kit to make it 400x400x400mm...

Remember, slicer settings are the heart of a good print.. without good settings even a $4500.00 printer will fail to produce...?

Another vote for Ender 3 V2. If more build surface is needed out of the box then my vote is CR10 V2 but it's going to be about twice as much as the V2 Ender 3.

I got an Ender 3 V1 about a year ago as my "starter" printer but it's still my only printer because it's been able to handle everything I've needed of it so I never needed to buy anything else. Plus I was able to easily improve it because of the huge aftermarket support it has around it. The V2 is going to be even better going forward.

Thanks y'all, I'll see if I can find one and I'm gonna pull the trigger. Anything else I should order with a printer to get started? I'm sure it comes with some filament but just like RC I'm also sure there are some "accessories" that should be included ;)

+1 to extra Filament & nozzles

For filament I usually buy from Amazon, brands I like are Hatchbox and Overture for both PLA and PETG, and Sainsmart for TPU. I've also got a bunch of no brand name PLA filaments from eBay that print decently and usually this is what I go with when I want different colors that I don't print as often as my black and white name brand filaments.

Another vote for Ender 3 V2. If more build surface is needed out of the box then my vote is CR10 V2 but it's going to be about twice as much as the V2 Ender 3.

I got an Ender 3 V1 about a year ago as my "starter" printer but it's still my only printer because it's been able to handle everything I've needed of it so I never needed to buy anything else. Plus I was able to easily improve it because of the huge aftermarket support it has around it. The V2 is going to be even better going forward.

That's what I love about the platform.. you can have a 400mm squared build volume for less than $400... ?

As for extras.. i agree with the above... get at least 10 or so nozzles as spares..also do yourself a favor and grab a few meters of capricorn xs pfte Bowden tube.. less hot end break downs, and can take up to 280c-300c safely for the more exotic filaments... run the factory pfte until it starts clogging, then switch it out...

Another useful thing to have is a .17 HMR bore brush.. found in most gun cleaning kits.. the hmr brush fits in the throat bore nicely, you will find when it clogs there will be a gummy residue in the throat, alcohol and the bore brush will save that throat for repeated use.. another thing to keep in mind is it will fit any 1.75 ptfe Bowden style hot end so they are quite handy..?

If I need isopropyl alcohol I might not be able to do this right, so hard to get that stuff atm :(

Head to the liquor store.. grain alcohol.. ?

Yep grab a bottle of everclear
Wanna impress/scare a date. Take all the shot glasses you have, fill with your favorite alcahol, light it on fire and place them around the area so they resemble candles about halfway into the date. Ask them "hey wanna see something cool". Then get up, try to blow out the flame as subtly as possible, then drink the shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back