Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Aluminum diff cases?

Discussion in 'Kraton' started by Killer Kraton, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Killer Kraton

Killer Kraton Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Are the Gmp as good as HR?
    I keep having diff problems and would like to solve them. Not sure what broke this last time...haven't pulled it open.

2. ThatDrewGuy

ThatDrewGuy Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Talion, Typhon
    I have had good luck with both HR, and GPM parts. In the case of say a diff cover, the GPM is about half the price as the HR one. I have not changed the diff case yet, but did open them all up and change fluid weight. If they start to leak, I will be buying the GPM covers. I mean it’s 3 diffs per rig. 32 each rom HR, or 16 each from GPM.... you tell me

https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...tial-case-5pcs-set-gpm-mak011-p-90084816.html

JeanvdBerg likes this.
  3. joostin420

joostin420 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Kraton, Nero, Outcast
    I went with the HR diff cups and other parts since they are machined and not cast.

4. slick2500

slick2500 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    I have not had much luck with GPM Racing stuff, I am 1 for 4 for getting something that wasn't junk or made incorrectly.

5. dpricenator

dpricenator Premium Member!
    Premium Member Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
  6. joostin420

joostin420 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Kraton, Nero, Outcast
    my daughter ran her outcast first time last weekend. I was mounting fan on the motor and during inspection i noticed rear diff input area and on chassis was a bit of dirty diff fluid; also at the center diff and pinion/spur. it was only run in a parking lot. I checked my project tomahawk kraton and found nothing, totally clean.

the difference = tomahawk kraton was a complete ground-up build from new-in-box with all 3x HR diff cups, shimmed diffs, front/rear HR bulkheads, and fast eddy sealed bearings. also, thicker diff fluid 60k/200k/30k.

JeanvdBerg likes this.
  7. TheLectrician

TheLectrician Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I have the gpm cases and i love them. Its a full aluminum case and all parts are included unlike HR. Neither one comes with that little piece that mounts the the wing mount and chassis brace tho which sux dong but the GPM is more complete and quality is high. Get'um.

JeanvdBerg likes this.
  8. Killer Kraton

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    So the HR ones are machined and Gpm are cast? Thats no contestfor me! Thanks... i think i could get away with front and rear only. Use the original in center. I have thought about that direct drive center spool for center. Keep it level more...

9. Killer Kraton

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Anyone using a center spool? I have been thinking about it.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer