Infraction Another Limitless-to-Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow dude, this is the first time I’ve popped in. Build looks great! Very impressed with the 3D printed parts! I thought the wiring looked familiar :)

Edit: same motor too, haha. Mines doing great. It loves 8s... I’ve gotten it out on 8s a few times now, it absolutely RIPS. Max6 is a good pair with it as well. I mostly use mine on 6s though. Just for beating around the neighborhood. My first set of tires is getting down there though.. ha.

Wow dude, this is the first time I’ve popped in. Build looks great! Very impressed with the 3D printed parts! I thought the wiring looked familiar :)

Edit: same motor too, haha. Mines doing great. It loves 8s... I’ve gotten it out on 8s a few times now, it absolutely RIPS. Max6 is a good pair with it as well. I mostly use mine on 6s though. Just for beating around the neighborhood. My first set of tires is getting down there though.. ha.
Nice dude, were the M4 holes on the motor a tad bit too narrow for the V4 motor mount for you too? Anyways yeah I really dig the wire braids when I first saw them on your limitless build. It's cheap and an easy way to add some subtle bling, I only wish I got a brighter blue color but oh well. The braid really made the fan wiring clean since I was able to combine the wiring into a single loom.

Next thing I got going right now is an internal mount for a SkyRC GSM-015 GPS speedometer. Currently got something I designed up on the printer now and will share once I am happy with the result.

**Edit** Haha I just re-read your limitless build thread and didn't even realize we ended up with the same motor, servo, center diff setup, and more or less the same ESC. I swear I didn't mean to copy you lmfao.

Nice dude, were the M4 holes on the motor a tad bit too narrow for the V4 motor mount for you too? Anyways yeah I really dig the wire braids when I first saw them on your limitless build. It's cheap and an easy way to add some subtle bling, I only wish I got a brighter blue color but oh well. The braid really made the fan wiring clean since I was able to combine the wiring into a single loom.

Next thing I got going right now is an internal mount for a SkyRC GSM-015 GPS speedometer. Currently got something I designed up on the printer now and will share once I am happy with the result.

**Edit** Haha I just re-read your limitless build thread and didn't even realize we ended up with the same motor, servo, center diff setup, and more or less the same ESC. I swear I didn't mean to copy you lmfao.
The motor mounted up first go around ?? Maybe it was something they fixed ? I have many hobbystar motors now and they do fantastic. Fit and finish is great and they’ve been going strong. Huge shoutout to RC juice for the hookup. Prices are great as well!

I really like the braid.. it’s something I used to do with car stereo installs too and just makes things pop.

It’s on, you can copy me ;) hahaha did you by chance see Aussie rc playgrounds videos before you bought the motor ? That’s what really sold me...

The motor mounted up first go around ?? Maybe it was something they fixed ? I have many hobbystar motors now and they do fantastic. Fit and finish is great and they’ve been going strong. Huge shoutout to RC juice for the hookup. Prices are great as well!

I really like the braid.. it’s something I used to do with car stereo installs too and just makes things pop.

It’s on, you can copy me ;) hahaha did you by chance see Aussie rc playgrounds videos before you bought the motor ? That’s what really sold me...
I basically chose it only after the 4092 didn't fit and I went back to find the biggest motor that would fit in the stock location with the stock mount and my research led to the 4585, then I saw a few posts here from fellas running it in either hobbystar, Dynamite, or Rocket motor form but all were good reviews stating very torquey and cool running. I liked the specs as well saying it was rated to 26v and 142A draw which was well within the capability of the Hex6 160A.
Screenshot_20200613-110841_eBay.jpg

Plus, the description was exactly what I wanted to hear lmao

The HobbyStar 4585 motor is a behemoth powerplant for larger-scale applications such as the Traxxas Xmaxx/XO1 and any other application where an 1/8-sized motor is not enough and a 1/5 can is too large.

Rcjuice hooked me up for both the 4092 and the 4585. I bought the 4092 off his ebay store first and when I found it didn't fit he let me return it even though the auction conditions said he wouldn't accept opened items back but I sent him pics and explained it was still in new conditions and never ran. I picked up the 4585 from him right after and used the $5 off coupon that came with the 4092 I was returning to basically negate shipping ?

Finished designing and printing a SkyRC GSM-015 gps speedometer mount for the infraction. With the body installed it sits flush against the bottom side of the body, hopefully that means it won't fly out during a crash. Not so sure about the mounting tabs and how they might hold up in a crash but if they break it will just fall into the diffuser and shouldn't fall out of the car... keyword "shouldn't" :ROFLMAO:

20200614_144729.jpg

Finished designing and printing a SkyRC GSM-015 gps speedometer mount for the infraction. With the body installed it sits flush against the bottom side of the body, hopefully that means it won't fly out during a crash. Not so sure about the mounting tabs and how they might hold up in a crash but if they break it will just fall into the diffuser and shouldn't fall out of the car... keyword "shouldn't" :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 85673
Beautiful work bud! The way the tabs flow with the rest of the plastic is perfect ??Keep it up.

View attachment 85673
Do you have cut outs for the MODE and ENTER buttons?

Thanks for the info on the arrma k8s heatsink and fan mount. I have the 4585 and also had to widen a hole in my mount. Mine is the rocket branded one but believe it is the same as the hobbystar. Nice motors for the money and now an easy fan option...nice build. Thanks for sharing it.

I modified a 30mm turbine intake to fit the 35mm esc fan with bottom clearance to fit over the dome shaped fan top of the esc. No idea if there's any functional benefit, at least with the stock fan, but it looks cool.

I'll probably fashion up some kind of spacer plate to go under it between the esc and the intake so I can sandwich some kind of air filter in between them for debris.

20200615_131009.jpg

I modified a 30mm turbine intake to fit the 35mm esc fan with bottom clearance to fit over the dome shaped fan top of the esc. No idea if there's any functional benefit, at least with the stock fan, but it looks cool.

I'll probably fashion up some kind of spacer plate to go under it between the esc and the intake so I can sandwich some kind of air filter in between them for debris.

View attachment 85742
Dude! I think I might need to get into 3D printing! Lol

Dude! I think I might need to get into 3D printing! Lol
It's actually not as difficult as you might think and there is a ton of info in youtube on how to get started, plus you got this whole community here with lots of guys who are savvy with them. If you can work on RC cars, set the clock on the microwave, and understand the science in Interstellar then you can work a 3D printer.

So I did a little interesting experiment with bottled smoke to see just how much air the ESC fan and motor fans are moving.

Last edited:
That’s the hardest compound right ? The silvers? Do I see some drift action in your future ?? :)
Yeah the hardest compound. I'd like to get more than 1-2 runs out of a set of tires before they are dead. I may have to do a pepsi challenge with them vs. S7 GRP slicks since now I have both.

So I am considering changing the 35mm ESC fan over to a high CFM 30mm fan. To do this I have a few ideas but I think this method is probably going to be the easiest way to do it. I'll have to use a 35mm to 30mm adapter plate I've whipped up and that will that will sit on top of the ESC and I won't have to remove the ESC cover, just remove the fan from the inside of it and leave it an empty channel. Then I will add the 30mm fan on top of the adapter plate offset by 45 degrees then I can add a shroud for debris and then the turbine intake. I'll have to shorten the turbine intake down so it's not obnoxiously tall or just get rid of it altogether but you get the point.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

So I am considering changing the 35mm ESC fan over to a high CFM 30mm fan. To do this I have a few ideas but I think this method is probably going to be the easiest way to do it. I'll have to use a 35mm to 30mm adapter plate I've whipped up and that will that will sit on top of the ESC and I won't have to remove the ESC cover, just remove the fan from the inside of it and leave it an empty channel. Then I will add the 30mm fan on top of the adapter plate offset by 45 degrees then I can add a shroud for debris and then the turbine intake. I'll have to shorten the turbine intake down so it's not obnoxiously tall or just get rid of it altogether but you get the point.

View attachment 85777

View attachment 85778
Once you have made em work properly.. I’d buy a few if you sold em lol the shroud is cool. But id just want a few of the adaptors. Good quality fan for the esc’s would be nice.. I also really want one of your fan adaptor plates you made for the arrma heat sink. Been drooling over that since I saw it... ha

Once you have made em work properly.. I’d buy a few if you sold em lol the shroud is cool. But id just want a few of the adaptors. Good quality fan for the esc’s would be nice.. I also really want one of your fan adaptor plates you made for the arrma heat sink. Been drooling over that since I saw it... ha
They barely consume material so I don't mind making a few and you pay the shipping. Got a color preference? Got black, white, blue, purple, red, orange, glow in the dark blue, satin gold, copper, and silver, and gray I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back