Anyone else excited to cook a Turkey!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a greek thing I guess. I married a Greek. What can I say.......
Italians don't do the Olives. I know. Maybe that is why she is my "X" now.:ROFLMAO:
I can take it or leave it though.....

Italians don't do the Olives. I know. Maybe that is why she is my "X" now.:ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah my family is Italian, German and a mix of Scandinavian.

Nice combination there. I have French in me also.
Am 2nd Gen AmeriKan.

Who tf puts olives in stuffing?
I bet it tastes great..I'm down ,I love black Portuguese olives and Spanish green stuffed olives ..yummy
I don't think I'll even be having Turkey on Thanksgiving.
Why no turkey 🤔
Italians don't do 🫒?? That's the first I ever heard..I'm Portuguese and I know for a fact both cultures are the best at making olive oil ,and both love olives .I work with many Italians and olives is allways on their meals..pizza, calzones, even Martini's have a 🫒..

Last edited:
Like I said I am 2nd gen Italian Stallion.
I really didn't grow up with Olives much in my diet. But they are healthy no doubt. (y) A Mediteranean Diet of sorts.
Married a Greek and things changed...... Olives with eggs in the morning is a thing, believe it or not.:rolleyes: Not for me. Doesn't go with my Coffee....:sick:
But I will have green olives in my Gin and Tonic all day long.;)
My X would buy a case of Green olives and pickle them in the Fall, canning them and eat them all year long after pickling them for a year. It's a ritual for Greeks and I think Italians in Italy. Like home made wine batches once a year.

Last edited:
Will be grilling out ribeys and fillet mignon with loaded baked potatoe and Greek salad this year.
Similar here. Will head to my brothers for whatever version of turkey he cooks this year. After 15 years of doing Thanksgiving turkey in mostly traditional styles, I understand he has decided we cook turkey wrong in this country. He’s removed all the bones and will ‘comfit’ it in olive oil 😑. They eat early, like at noon, so then we will head home and, since the kid is visiting her father this week, I’ll grill filet mignon, veggies and potatoes for our Thanksgiving dinner.

^^ Been there, I relate. :giggle:
Why does it always have to be a Turkey anyway?
Why not a Ham?
It's because Turkey has become a $big business$ model for Thanksgiving Day. Not because it is a "Thanks Giving" thing anymore.
And many Turkeys have become crap anyway. Depends where you buy and how much you are willing to pay. Jumping thru hoops to get Fresh unfrozen foul, where I am. Most people don't even buy/eat Turkey the rest of the year. Not the best tasting foul in general. That's why preparation takes so long, or it tastes like crap. Only if you cook it "just right", maybe for some. I guess that is the real challenge. And there are a million ways to make a Turkey dinner. Not hating, just saying. I've had some great Turkey before. And then some not.
My mom made a nice Ham sometimes instead. With stuffing on the side. Sweet potatoes etc. And all. And some of her friends were like why? It's Thankgiving.....No Turkey? I remember that as a kid. People asking me how my Turkey was.....:ROFLMAO: I swore by my moms Ham instead. Ham costs more.
BTW, I am going to my Greek In-Laws as always, to have "Greek"American Turkey if that is "thing" and they do the Fresh kill Rabbit stew as well. Sis in-law does it well.. For Easter they do the fresh kill Lamb spit on the Barby. Lamb is so expensive these days. Costs a fortune.
My X is never in attendence. Not invited... Just my Son and I.
It's all about the Stuffing in the end anyway, IMHO.

Edited

Last edited:
There use to be a two acre turkey farm within our neighborhood..
But unfortunately a developer made an offer that was too good to pass up ,I guess..

They sold the land , turkeys disappeared and 10 new houses popped up in its place...

I bet it tastes great..I'm down ,I love black Portuguese olives and Spanish green stuffed olives ..yummy

Why no turkey 🤔

Italians don't do 🫒?? That's the first I ever heard..I'm Portuguese and I know for a fact both cultures are the best at making olive oil ,and both love olives .I work with many Italians and olives is allways on their meals..pizza, calzones, even Martini's have a 🫒..
I'll be in Mexico on Thanksgiving. I'm currently waiting in line to get on the cruise ship.

I'll be in Mexico on Thanksgiving. I'm currently waiting in line to get on the cruise ship.
You have family in Mexico? Or just going on vacation? Wouldn't a plane to Mexico be quicker? Oh wait a minute , cruise ship Mexico yup sounds like a vacation 😁👍.no turkey in mexico.your going to have some carne asada instead 😋.I have a sister in law that's married to a Mexican and they go to Mexico to see his parents and they always bring back tequila..don't ask how they are able to sneek in liquor from another country but i allways pass on that stuff.no way i can handel that stuff🤷 way too strong

Last edited:
You have family in Mexico? Or just going on vacation? Wouldn't a plane to Mexico be quicker? Oh wait a minute , cruise ship Mexico yup sounds like a vacation 😁👍.no turkey in mexico.your going to have some carne asada instead 😋.I have a sister in law that's married to a Mexican and they go to Mexico to see his parents and they always bring back tequila..don't ask how they are able to sneek in liquor from another country but i allways pass on that stuff.no way i can handel that stuff🤷 way too strong

Going on a cruise yeah. Two of the stops are in Mexico. I was supposed to check in at noon but we are all still waiting in line. It's probably going to be like 4 before we even get on the damn boat. They won't even tell us what is going on. Hell the guys outside loading luggage don't even know what is going on. The 2 stories I have heard is they lost 160 some people and someone was trying to get into the country illegally and jumped off a boat so homeland security shut everything down.

Even though most of my family is here in the states we still try to keep our Portuguese traditions .we do have turkey and ham but we also have all kinds of seafood.. honestly it's just a huge mix ..on my wife's side alot of her family was born in st.michaels in the Azores and I have some that came from Portugal and they don't really eat much turkey.seafood has allways been a huge part of the culture.i don't mind seafood but since I was born in the u.s. I'm more of a turkey and ham kinda guy.but I will take the ham over turkey any day😋 I make a killer glaze with bourbon.no one beats my glaze.😁👍it's sooo good you can put that sh#t on anything
Going on a cruise yeah. Two of the stops are in Mexico. I was supposed to check in at noon but we are all still waiting in line. It's probably going to be like 4 before we even get on the damn boat. They won't even tell us what is going on. Hell the guys outside loading luggage don't even know what is going on. The 2 stories I have heard is they lost 160 some people and someone was trying to get into the country illegally and jumped off a boat so homeland security shut everything down.
Oh damn that stinks sitting there waiting..hope everything turns out ok .have a safe trip and take pics 😁👍enjoy your vacation..and when you stop in Mexico do not leave the tourists area..bad things happen to people .do not wear flashy jewelry..if you stick with the group you'll be with you'll be ok.people go missing a lot and especially if they know you're from the states.👍 Be safe brotha

Last edited:
I guess you never ate the Mexican worm in the Tequilla Bottle before???
:LOL:
If you do, you will have a psycodelic experience. :ROFLMAO: It's like taking LSD.
Wild Turkey tastes different than Farm bred ones.

Yeah..
The onboarding is never fun..
We had two little babies when we had our very first cruise..
It was rough just finding the parking area (that wasn't Paid Only) let alone getting to the ship. (Someone deliberately made it so confusing...)
Then they couldn't find our keys to our room, once onboard..
We just wanted to drop off our luggageS and Relax..

But after a couple of hours they got it all sorted and we all had a Fantastic time! Five days & Four Nights.
Royal Caribbean.
Plenty of Food & drinks.
Serviced to us like a 5 Star restaurant every day.
Loved it.

So, take it easy and relax.
It'll all work itself out.

Y'all are going to have a Great time!!!

Stick to the group and you will be fine. 👍🍹🍸🍺

Yeah..
The onboarding is never fun..
We had two little babies when we had our very first cruise..
It was rough just finding the parking area (that wasn't Paid Only) let alone getting to the ship. (Someone deliberately made it so confusing...)
Then they couldn't find our keys to our room, once onboard..
We just wanted to drop off our luggageS and Relax..

But after a couple of hours they got it all sorted and we all had a Fantastic time! Five days & Four Nights.
Royal Caribbean.
Plenty of Food & drinks.
Serviced to us like a 5 Star restaurant every day.
Loved it.

So, take it easy and relax.
It'll all work itself out.

Y'all are going to have a Great time!!!

Stick to the group and you will be fine. 👍🍹🍸🍺

Finally on the boat now it's total choas lol.

Finally on the boat now it's total choas lol.

See...
I wasn't kidding.

Don't sweat it.
Give it a couple of hours.. The boat will likely set sail like this...

We had all our luggage at the front of our door ,blocking the tiny hallway just like several other passengers...
We were worried to leave them just sitting there Because we had all our baby supplies and such..
Not those other passengers with their luggages, they drop their stuffs off and took off!

We should have done the same.

It'll all settle down.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back