Outcast anyone have any experiences with this style ramp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alcohol. Beer. Wine. Booze. Hooch. Papa's cough syrup.

lol thats what i thought but wasnt sure.... yeah, def some swing oil...
Yea I know. I have dirtbikes.

And having grown up skating- I have built many many wood ramps from launch ramps, quarter, half....

when i was a kid we didnt have amazon for ramps... its crazy.... everything was built by you or shoveled by you.

Papa's cough syrup.
Tasty but almost too yummy. The glide can get comfortable and then we have to learn to get quick again. Nonetheless, it works magic when we space it out. So much of a good thing is perfect until it's too much.

You have to admit these ramps are pretty dope!
https://www.rcbashramp.com/shop
Hard pass. Way too heavy looking. They could cut a bunch of holes in the side panels to reduce the weight a ton. Also diamond plate it a little overboard for the deck. I would rather see some type of mesh material that lets dirt and debris pass thru and save weight.

Hard pass. Way too heavy looking. They could cut a bunch of holes in the side panels to reduce the weight a ton. Also diamond plate it a little overboard for the deck. I would rather see some type of mesh material that lets dirt and debris pass thru and save weight.
I see the diamond plate as a hindrance actually. Nothing like dragging your chassis at 50mph against a cheese grater. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

Its not wide enough. Its for scooters just trying to be repurposed, not for rigs doing 40mph that are 16+ inches wide

Description shows 12.5lbs, which is not too bad. But, makes me think that the ramps probably wouldn't survive the kind of jumps some of us make. Looks quite thin.

20191205_162812.jpg

What's the matter with building a nice wooden ramp? I know I would suck at it. But I may just try.
Ramps prebuilt are so expensive. I've been looking also.

I'm about to drag mine in the shop and upgrade it to Version 2.0
The edges of my expanded metal get mangled at the very ends if you drive like @HoneyBasherDontCare and run off the side doing 50+mph ?
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG

I could probably get away with just hammering it back into position and folding it over the edge but I'd like to keep it from happening again with a permanent fix

I'm about to drag mine in the shop and upgrade it to Version 2.0
The edges of my expanded metal get mangled at the very ends if you drive like @HoneyBasherDontCare and run off the side doing 50+mph ?
View attachment 56354View attachment 56355

I could probably get away with just hammering it back into position and folding it over the edge but I'd like to keep it from happening again with a permanent fix
Just weld on some flat stock to the edge.

I thought about that or rolling some angle to block off the ends, but I may take the opportunity to widen it slightly by adding a hanging ledge over the side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back