Anyone live in or know anything about Austin TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hot!! And no idea why you'd choose to visit in August. But, I'm hoping you're smart enough to try out the local BBQ. Might die of heat stroke but, you'll do it with a full belly. Lol.

Better get a Big cowboy hat and lather up some SPF100.. IF you plan on spending time outside.

Austin is fantastic and what you find to do depends on what you like and heat tolerance. If your into art and local art type scenes check out my cousin Jake’s studio, Austin Art Garage. It’s about as quirky cool and ‘Austin’ as can get.
https://austinartgarage.com
If you like bbq check out the Salt Lick. Just remember it’s BYOB there. https://saltlickbbq.com/
The music scene is incredible as you probably know. Enjoy!

Austin is fantastic and what you find to do depends on what you like and heat tolerance. If your into art and local art type scenes check out my cousin Jake’s studio, Austin Art Garage. It’s about as quirky cool and ‘Austin’ as can get.
If you like bbq check out the Salt Lick. Just remember it’s BYOB there. https://saltlickbbq.com/
STUBB'S Bar--B-Q is awesome!! Go when they have Live music. Heard it is awesome. We stopped their for lunch one day. Delicious!!!

It's the 3rd place gayest city in the USA. Have fun!
So you’ve been there and enjoy that side of life huh?
If you dig BBQ? Then go to Franklin BBQ. it's only the center of the universe for Brisket. But be warned. You gotta get in line EARLY , cause when it's gone, too bad!
Only problem with Franklin’s is you’ll stand in line for a couple of hours to find out that it’s amazing…but there’s a lot of amazing barbecue where you can go sit down, watch some live music and have fun.

If you dig BBQ? Then go to Franklin BBQ. it's only the center of the universe for Brisket. But be warned. You gotta get in line EARLY , cause when it's gone, too bad!
Ooo baby!! We will absolutely have to do that then. Thank you very much for that

It’s called 6 street they shut down that whole street big party a lot of bars,food trucks fun times .
Six street at night, especially weekend nights, can be pretty crazy uncomfortable unless you are into intense drunken crowds of 20-30 year-olds that are intent to party until they puke. I grew up partying on sixth Street and when I went in my late 30s one time realized wow, I’m too old for this poop now.

If you’re into partying let me know the type of music and scene that you like and I’ll hit up one of my many cousins that lives there and find out where its going on.

Next week..?
Better be prepared... it's going to be toasty down there, over 102+° ,feels hotter.

What do you two like to do?
Yeah we knew it wasn't going to be the best timing temperature wise but it's somewhere we have wanted to go and we have time so we are going. Thankfully we atleast are from south Florida so it's not like we are coming from a cold state. We really enjoy finding places to eat and places to explore. We like going to events that might be going on in the area and what not
Awesome!! That is cool that hes got a studio, might have to make that part of the agenda. Thank you for the recommendations 🙌

STUBB'S Bar--B-Q is awesome!! Go when they have Live music. Heard it is awesome. We stopped their for lunch one day. Delicious!!!
I forgot about this place. There are about a dozen others as well Along with many incredible beer gardens. ABGB (Austin beer Garden brewery) is a good one.

Don’t forget to just take a drive around and out through the hill country. School is starting around this time so you won’t have to deal with quite as many crowds outdoor during the week. However during the weekends it gets crazy at the lakes and rivers. Crazy to the point where they had to start shutting down some parks because of the amount of people that were trashing them. Lady Bird Park is beautiful as well as lake Travis among many others. Unfortunately water levels are suffering due to the drought we’re or going through. It’s still beautiful though.
Yeah we knew it wasn't going to be the best timing temperature wise but it's somewhere we have wanted to go and we have time so we are going. Thankfully we atleast are from south Florida so it's not like we are coming from a cold state. We really enjoy finding places to eat and places to explore. We like going to events that might be going on in the area and what not

Awesome!! That is cool that hes got a studio, might have to make that part of the agenda. Thank you for the recommendations 🙌
My cousins place has grown incredibly, he does so many art projects and installations for the wealthy as well as businesses. but at the same time he has kept the original quirkiness of a small art studio. You can also pick up some beautiful pieces for relatively affordable prices. It’s all local artists and some are amazing. Ask if Jake Bryer is in, but if not, anyone working there would also be able to steer you in the direction of interesting events and so forth.
Thankfully we atleast are from south Florida
You will be absolutely fine. It is hotter than hell here but often especially as of late since we had no rain for a long time, the humidity is only in the 30s to 40s during the day. So you will actually feel a bit more comfortable than any others that visit.

If you guys like kayaking check out the Guadalupe river. It is incredibly beautiful there and the water level is doing decent. Canyon Lake as a blast as well with beautiful Clearwater. You can rent a boat at the marina and have a fun day out. Like I mentioned before it’s been crazy busy over the summer but should have calm down with all the school starting between the 10th and the 30th of this month.

Last edited:
I forgot about this place. There are about a dozen others as well Along with many incredible beer gardens. ABGB (Austin beer Garden brewery) is a good one.

Don’t forget to just take a drive around and out through the hill country. School is starting around this time so you won’t have to deal with quite as many crowds outdoor during the week. However during the weekends it gets crazy at the lakes and rivers. Crazy to the point where they had to start shutting down some parks because of the amount of people that were trashing them. Lady Bird Park is beautiful as well as lake Travis among many others. Unfortunately water levels are suffering due to the drop or going through. It’s still beautiful though.
Yeah we are absolutely going to be taking some drives out to explore the area. I really appreciate all that man. That sucks though, not sure why people have to be so disrespectful and just ruin it for everyone else. Pathetic really. But it sounds like we are going to encounter some very interesting people lol I am looking forward to it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back