Infraction Are there better tires for Infraction 3S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flacon_the_best

Reaction score
I’m planning on getting an 1/8 scale Infraction 3s to race my friend, but I’ve heard it eats tires like crazy and I don’t have the money to be spending $50 every few runs to replace worn-out tires. I’m wondering if there are better tires for the Infraction 3S. I’d be fine with upgrading the hubs if need be.

Another question is about how long the tires could last. The surface we’d be driving them on is very new asphalt (a parking lot that was just paved a few years ago) so it’s pretty smooth. Would that give the tires longer life?

Thanks I’m advance

You can get the Chinese no-name Hoons (Choons) for cheap, or GRP’s last a bit longer if you get their harder compounds. But if you’re doing smoky burnouts and power slides then, well…you’re going to be buying some tires.
Welcome to the forum!

You can get the Chinese no-name Hoons (Choons) for cheap, or GRP’s last a bit longer if you get their harder compounds. But if you’re doing smoky burnouts and power slides then, well…you’re going to be buying some tires.
Welcome to the forum!
I’m not planning on doing any burnouts, but I might do some power slides or drifting. Would smooth asphalt be easier on the tires than the rough asphalt that most streets/parking lots are made up of? My school replaced their parking lot a couple years ago and it’s still extremely smooth

Yeah, smooth surfaces help for sure. The good news is that the 3s/4s rigs are a lot lighter with much less power, and that helps to save the tires as well.

Been looking into getting some rubbers too as I just got my Infraction 3s the other day. From what I’ve read, she eats tires like Bonnie Rotten eats sausages.

GRP’s are phenomenal but don’t know if this size is an option. Louise RC apparently sells a set but I have yet to do the research.

The Louise GT-Tarmac are very grippy. They last quite long. Have really been abusing them. But I think the stock motor won't last on the Infraction.

The Louise GT-Tarmac are very grippy. They last quite long. Have really been abusing them. But I think the stock motor won't last on the Infraction.
Motor and esc recommendations?

Motor and esc recommendations?
I run them on the Limitless to Felony conversion on 4s with a Max6 1650kv. But that drivetrain only allows pretty big pinons so the ESC was at it's limit. Changed the ESC to a MMX8s. So a Max6 on 6s in the Infraction will do. Try the stock pinion and see what temperatures do. Add fans to the motor.

I’m planning on getting an 1/8 scale Infraction 3s to race my friend, but I’ve heard it eats tires like crazy and I don’t have the money to be spending $50 every few runs to replace worn-out tires. I’m wondering if there are better tires for the Infraction 3S. I’d be fine with upgrading the hubs if need be.

Another question is about how long the tires could last. The surface we’d be driving them on is very new asphalt (a parking lot that was just paved a few years ago) so it’s pretty smooth. Would that give the tires longer life?

Thanks I’m advance
I've found no matter what brand after the tread has worn an there almost bald I get my Dremel an cutting wheel and just cut new tread lined in it..not to deep just a couple centimeters tops.. usually a v tread with 1 line in the middle I get a few extra battery packs out of it an better traction

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back