Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is going to be interesting to see if that 36mm can will be able to run past 120 mph where the wattage required starts to get higher. The motor only being rated to 4500 watts could be a limiting factor. If you start seeing considerably higher motor temps with less additional speed then you know it's reached the limit and is only throwing the watts into heat versus motion.
I've been very impressed with 3650..getting body for other car today.i plan on pushing it with other car..at 107mph motor was surprisingly cool.didnt even pull 4500w with 4060 on 116pass..excited to push the motor to its limits..hoping to play with timing since it's a 2y at some point..I think it'll do better..vendetta was a little squirrely with 400 gram motor...compared to 5660 its 1.2lbs lighter in car..

I've been very impressed with 3650..getting body for other car today.i plan on pushing it with other car..at 107mph motor was surprisingly cool.didnt even pull 4500w with 4060 on 116pass..excited to push the motor to its limits..hoping to play with timing since it's a 2y at some point..I think it'll do better..vendetta was a little squirrely with 400 gram motor...compared to 5660 its 1.2lbs lighter in car..
It seems to be running really efficient.
I am realizing that I won't be able to hang with you guys for very long due to your nice roads and @Diem Turner is about to run a 4 lipo setup.
It is fun for now till y'all leave me in the dust.

I am realizing that I won't be able to hang with you guys for very long due to your nice roads and @Diem Turner is about to run a 4 lipo setup.
I think I have one or two more outings on 2 lipos to test where the switch to 4 lipos will be needed. That's my forecast anyways. Now all I can do is hope that my forecasts are more accurate than the MS weather widget-taskbar-thingamajiggy.

Shoot up here,I'll put ya my road 30mins from the airport. 9hr 44min drive or 2hr flight..almost zero traffic on weekends
I think I have one or two more outings on 2 lipos to test where the switch to 4 lipos will be needed. That's my forecast anyways. Now all I can do is hope that my forecasts are more accurate than the MS weather widget-taskbar-thingamajiggy.
My plan is to max out 5200mah packs..then try a couple of 6000mah...may try 3 packs..but my little,light 1/9 car probly won't benefit from more packs an some lower point than the bigger 1/7...this vendetta body is soooo narrow an long....senton6 track an tires still sticking outa wheelwells

Last edited:
Shoot up here,I'll put ya my road 30mins from the airport. 9hr 44min drive or 2hr flight..almost zero traffic on weekends

My plan is to max out 5200mah packs..then try a couple of 6000mah...may try 3 packs..but my little,light 1/9 car probly won't benefit from more packs an some lower point than the bigger 1/7...this vendetta body is soooo narrow an long....senton6 track an tires still sticking outa wheelwells

I might have to consider that one day. Time is my biggest enemy these days with 3 kids and working 2 jobs.

I think you could benefit from modding the body to smooth the airflow around the wheels.

I might have to consider that one day. Time is my biggest enemy these days with 3 kids and working 2 jobs.

I think you could benefit from modding the body to smooth the airflow around the wheels.
Would love to test 1 of your CF bodys on it...325mm though.getting a bitty today,planned on using it on other car though....I'm doing to good at moment to try another body,but will definitely try something else once I loose progress.my problem is I can't get body low as I would like cause tires get into wheelwells...I've cut as much as I can off them,the holes above the wheels make it where I can't cut anymore or body would loss strengtth..wonder if them holes would be better blocked off for speed..I imagine they cause lots of turbulence 🤷‍♂️

So here's a quick mockup of quad parallel. The chassis isn't "full" yet as it were, but we're beginning to press forward into maximum density territory. I would have room though for another SRD on either side for hexallel, lol. But that would just be silly though...wouldn't it? :unsure:
1656341961833.jpeg

Fender flares would be best..custom vendetta wide body kit is what I need

Would love to test 1 of your CF bodys on it...325mm though.getting a bitty today,planned on using it on other car though....I'm doing to good at moment to try another body,but will definitely try something else once I loose progress.my problem is I can't get body low as I would like cause tires get into wheelwells...I've cut as much as I can off them,the holes above the wheels make it where I can't cut anymore or body would loss strengtth..wonder if them holes would be better blocked off for speed..I imagine they cause lots of turbulence 🤷‍♂️
Other people have covered/blocked up those holes and it caused massive problems (blow overs and the such like). YMMV, but my gut tells me they didn't put those holes in there for :poop:s and giggles.

Other people have covered/blocked up those holes and it caused massive problems (blow overs and the such like). YMMV, but my gut tells me they didn't put those holes in there for :poop:s and giggles.
I imagine the tires spinning throw air up into body,holes must work,because I'm running no front splitter an removed 104 grams worth wing,vertical wing mounts an 10 screw&nuts an no signs of blowovers at upto 127mph on 5s...car sitts stupid high off the ground

Well…I’m hoping to help you feel better again real soon. I am just about as ready as I will ever be, I think 🐢👨‍🦼🐌

Well…I’m hoping to help you feel better again real soon. I am just about as ready as I will ever be, I think 🐢👨‍🦼🐌
I "feel" fine, just lacking a road like the others have and don't want to get too invested in 3s batteries.
I'll have as much fun as I can with the 2 LiPos I have and when it max it out then that will be the end of 3s runs. It is lots of fun and anything can happen.... who knows maybe I'll come out on top.
Would love to test 1 of your CF bodys on it...

That is actually my plan. I want to max out the VTE2 with the delta Plastiks FC100 body and then swap over to the carbon body to compare the efficiency.
So here's a quick mockup of quad parallel. The chassis isn't "full" yet as it were, but we're beginning to press forward into maximum density territory. I would have room though for another SRD on either side for hexallel, lol. But that would just be silly though...wouldn't it? :unsure:

Looks killer!
I suspect at this point with 25Ah you might be reaching a point of limited returns versus the added weight when looking at adding more....

Okay I’m in. There’s no way my fun size infraction can compete with you guys but I still plan on having a blast! Kinda hope some others with slowish cars will jump in as well.
Anyone? Anyone?

It is rather a spare parts car for now:
Newly serviced 3660, 3200kv motor with Jim’s bearings from my Granite
New Spectrum Firma 100 from a Vorteks warranty
DX3 tx/rx with gyro
S652 servo with hot racing servo saver and metal steering link
55t plastic spur and also have a 50t on hand
20t pinion currently with 24t and 26t on order
Center drive shaft support
Silver 1/10 hoons
New GNSS gps. Will run for the 1st time later
CNHL 6200, 120c 3s battery

Still waiting on the splitter and side skirts to arrive in the mail. Also getting a better esc before long and better motor eventually. I’m still learning how to drive it of course and I suck. Got all these basher bad habits I’m trying to break before the car does or my ankle…but man I am having so much fun! I never expected to enjoy a road rc so dang much.

My wife and I are constantly looking for good roads now and talking about it. She’s all in but does not want to drive (whew). She thinks it can do 50. I want more but have no clue yet. Mainly I just don’t want to wreck. There’s a brand new long straight country road being laid/widened nearby and I think we can get some runs on sections of it over the next couple weeks, maybe even this evening 😃

9BC31C0D-6A62-4BF3-BE3C-A20F5B9A4648.jpeg

BD8B3CB3-BA50-4C99-9316-F85486FCA6F7.jpeg

Okay I’m in. There’s no way my fun size infraction can compete with you guys but I still plan on having a blast! Kinda hope some others with slowish cars will jump in as well.
Anyone? Anyone?

It is rather a spare parts car for now:
Newly serviced 3660, 3200kv motor with Jim’s bearings from my Granite
New Spectrum Firma 100 from a Vorteks warranty
DX3 tx/rx with gyro
S652 servo with hot racing servo saver and metal steering link
55t plastic spur and also have a 50t on hand
20t pinion currently with 24t and 26t on order
Center drive shaft support
Silver 1/10 hoons
New GNSS gps. Will run for the 1st time later
CNHL 6200, 120c 3s battery

Still waiting on the splitter and side skirts to arrive in the mail. Also getting a better esc before long and better motor eventually. I’m still learning how to drive it of course and I suck. Got all these basher bad habits I’m trying to break before the car does or my ankle…but man I am having so much fun! I never expected to enjoy a road rc so dang much.

My wife and I are constantly looking for good roads now and talking about it. She’s all in but does not want to drive (whew). She thinks it can do 50. I want more but have no clue yet. Mainly I just don’t want to wreck. There’s a brand new long straight country road being laid/widened nearby and I think we can get some runs on sections of it over the next couple weeks, maybe even this evening 😃

View attachment 226213

View attachment 226214

That is great the wife is on board!!!!
Maybe that will help her be ok with the Castle XLX2 you will want for this thing soon ;)

Let us know how we can help! It will be good to progress slowly with the car and work out any bugs.

That is great the wife is on board!!!!
Maybe that will help her be ok with the Castle XLX2 you will want for this thing soon ;)

Let us know how we can help! It will be good to progress slowly with the car and work out any bugs.
Thank you!! I will need advice and help for sure. As with everything I attempt, I prefer to start at the bottom and work up while learning. Yeah it’s amazing that she loves the hobby with me, just makes it so much more fun. I love her crafting hobby’s also so it works both ways. Thanks for doing this Mike!

I "feel" fine, just lacking a road like the others have and don't want to get too invested in 3s batteries.
I'll have as much fun as I can with the 2 LiPos I have and when it max it out then that will be the end of 3s runs. It is lots of fun and anything can happen.... who knows maybe I'll come out on top.

Looks killer!
I suspect at this point with 25Ah you might be reaching a point of limited returns versus the added weight when looking at adding more....
I feel ya. I got the extra set of CNHL 3S batteries for more than just this challenge. I very much wanted to see how these compare to SRDs to see if the price premium for the SMCs is justified or if there is an alternative that gets you close at half the cost.

That is my assumption as well. That was tongue-in-cheek, fwiw. I like to be competitive but, as @Velodromed 's tagline states quite aptly, "hitting the plateau of diminishing returns" would very much apply in this case I suspect and I'm not throwing another $300 at this challenge just for the halibut. Believe me, I'm not opposed to ridiculous as it can often be fun. But I just don't have that kind of spare change lying around.

I feel ya. I got the extra set of CNHL 3S batteries for more than just this challenge. I very much wanted to see how these compare to SRDs to see if the price premium for the SMCs is justified or if there is an alternative that gets you close at half the cost.

That is my assumption as well. That was tongue-in-cheek, fwiw. I like to be competitive but, as @Velodromed 's tagline states quite aptly, "hitting the plateau of diminishing returns" would very much apply in this case I suspect and I'm not throwing another $300 at this challenge just for the halibut. Believe me, I'm not opposed to ridiculous as it can often be fun. But I just don't have that kind of spare change lying around.

My former brother-in-law who works in the defense aerospace missile /rocket industry..... used to tell me that you can reach within 95% of the best out there at a reasonable cost, but it is that last 5% that takes years of work and significant $$$$ to be the best of the best.

My former brother-in-law who works in the defense aerospace missile /rocket industry..... used to tell me that you can reach within 95% of the best out there at a reasonable cost, but it is that last 5% that takes years of work and significant $$$$ to be the best of the best.
lol, that's funny. My former brother-in-law worked for a sub-contrator at NASA on the space shuttle program (when it still existed) and I believe to remember hearing him say something rather similar. Small world, no? :LOL:

Not to distract from the current challenge or get too far ahead of ourselves but, is there an appetite for a 4S challenge following this one? I think it would be kinda fun to do successive challenges going up the cell count. I think this would also be a good way to safely and smartly get faster incrementally for anyone wanting to get into speed running. I think a lot of people out there make the mistake of jumping into this side of the hobby and throwing 6S and 8S builds in their cars not having a real understanding or appreciation for how much power there is in those systems and wind up having mishaps and accidents that take them out again. I'll be frank, I'm terrified of 8S. 6S is already scary. This question is, of course, directed at everyone so, feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back